Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

OBDii port

Old 09-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Amaadkhan2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBDii port

Hi all, I recently blew a fuse when plugging in my hardwire kit for my radar into the rear view mirror. The fuse I blew cut power to the rear view mirror and disabled the backup sensor. I figured out which fuse it was and replaced it. However, the next time I started my car my check engine light came on. I took it to the parts store so they could read the code and the OBDii port is dead. The cigarette lighter ports work so I don't think it's a fuse unless the OBDii port has its own fuse. I was told that may be why I'm getting a check engine light. Well that was last night and today my check engine light went away. However, I did notice that my car no longer "beeps" when I lock/unlock my doors. This is not the horn honk that you get when locking/unlocking from the key fob, but rather the slight beep you get when locking/unlocking from then door handle or the repetitive beep you get when you leave your keys in the car and try to lock. Anyone have an idea if this may be a fuse that went bad and if so which one? Or would this be a much bigger problem? Thanks for the help!!
Old 09-07-2015, 03:37 PM
j50ny
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 140 Posts
OBDii port

Hold down the lock and unlock button on the key fob. If I understand what you're talking about correctly, that should do the trick. If it's not what you were looking for, try the comfort settings in the menu.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:39 PM
drkay
Premier Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
OBDii port

I had a similar electrical issue as I was trying to connect my radar detector to the rear view mirror and I mistakenly did it while the ignition was on. I posted at the end of this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/general...ve-i-done.html
Try checking thst fuse as well. I remember that that fuse affected many car systems though.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Amaadkhan2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, i had replaced the fuse for the "electrical components" and the mirror came back on and so did the backup sensors. However, the "beeper horn" still does not beep. I double checked all the fuses in the driver footwell and both the fuse boxes under the hood. Everything looked fine but that horn just won't beep anymore.

Originally Posted by j50ny
Hold down the lock and unlock button on the key fob. If I understand what you're talking about correctly, that should do the trick. If it's not what you were looking for, try the comfort settings in the menu.
I tried that already, that horn works fine. I am referring to the small one thats on the front driver side and looks like a small black box. It's the horn that beeps when you leave your keys in the car and try to lock the car with the button. Any ideas?

Thanks!