D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

BC Racing coilovers - rear preload/height adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
BC Racing coilovers - rear preload/height adjustment question

Hello all,

My BC Racing coilovers just arrived in the mail. I read through the instructions and I just want to make sure I understand everything. When I adjust the front right height, I need to move the top and bottom rings at the same time so that I don't change the compression of the shock. That seems logical.

For the rear, since the shock and spring are separate, the instructions say set my ride height with the spring perch and then jack up the car until the hole lines up for the shock mount. So do they mean set my ride height and then hub up and as it goes up, turn the adjuster ring on the strut until the spring is touching the top and bottom of the mounts, and then tighten up the strut adjuster? Basically make it neutral when the spring is neutral?

And I guess it would be the same for the front - adjust my ride height and then move the bottom ring until the spring is just a tiny bit tightened past the neutral position. Is this right?

I am planning to install in the next two weeks if I can find time. I want to make sure I don't run into any surprises.

Thank you
Old 02-15-2019, 11:51 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I think I figured it out after thinking about it for awhile and messing with the struts. Now I see the idea of keeping the preload and strut compression the same no matter what the ride height is.