Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
George, I noticed you recommend using the blue fine finishing pad to apply sealants/waxes with your PC. Are there any issues using the black finishing pad?
Nope, until recently I didn't have access to the Blue Pads from Lake Country. I used the Black Pads for years to apply sealants or waxes, but if you were buying new pads, the Blue ones are slightly softer which makes them a better fit for applying these types of products. The Black pads are very versatile pads, I use them anywhere from applying a finishing polish, a glaze, sealant or liquid wax. When I'm ready to replace the black pads I'm using now, I will now pick up the Blue Pads for sealants and waxes, just because they need as little bite as possible.

George
Old 04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Nope, until recently I didn't have access to the Blue Pads from Lake Country. I used the Black Pads for years to apply sealants or waxes, but if you were buying new pads, the Blue ones are slightly softer which makes them a better fit for applying these types of products. The Black pads are very versatile pads, I use them anywhere from applying a finishing polish, a glaze, sealant or liquid wax. When I'm ready to replace the black pads I'm using now, I will now pick up the Blue Pads for sealants and waxes, just because they need as little bite as possible.

George
Ok good, I was hoping you were going to say that. I'll be sure and get some blue fine finishing pads next time around. Thanks George!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 PM
GThIrtYFiZle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx Geroge I appreciate the help. I will most likely order the wax from you sometim this weekend, just cuz I know I cant get it here by tomorrow odering at this time, so I will just have to use the wax I always use for this weekend. But thatnk you for the reply.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 PM
I ride G

[QUOTE=Detailed Image]I ride G - Where is this stain located? Carpet? Leather? Vinyl? etc. Once you let me know I can tell you the course of action I would take to properly treat it.

its on the exterior of my car..there are yellow swirls all around where the mustard once was.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
Thanx Geroge I appreciate the help. I will most likely order the wax from you sometim this weekend, just cuz I know I cant get it here by tomorrow odering at this time, so I will just have to use the wax I always use for this weekend. But thatnk you for the reply.
Anytime, sometimes its best to wait for your underlying product to cure fully prior to applying a wax. I often will perform a full detail and follow up with the wax a day or two later or even the next time I perform my next maintenance wash. Nice thing about being down in NYC, you get your orders the next day from us with regular ground shipping.

Let us know how your weekend detail turns out.

George
Old 04-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by I ride G
its on the exterior of my car..there are yellow swirls all around where the mustard once was.
This should be pretty straight forward, you basically will need an abrasive polish to remove these stains and swirls. You probably would want to start with a finishing polish such as Menzerna Final Polish II or PO106ff. If you need something more aggressive, Intensive Polish or Poorboy's SSR 2.5.

Have you tried anything like Meguiars ScratchX or 3M Swirl Mark Remover? Both can be found locally if you didn't want to place an order for products.

Keep us posted on how you make out.

George
Old 04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
GThIrtYFiZle

Your orders for today have been shipped correct?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
Your orders for today have been shipped correct?
Yes unfortunately... We get every order placed before 4pm Eastern time out the same day. Usually even up until about 5:15ish, but we guarantee it to go out if its placed before 4pm. Last FedEx ground pickup for the day is at 6pm for me.

George
Old 04-19-2007, 08:08 PM
GThIrtYFiZle

Got you. TYVM. I will order soon.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
I ride G

thank you very much! i appreciate the help!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Queenskid24

Hey George how you doing? as you know were getting pretty nice weather this weekend so im planning on doing a detail on my G just like everyone else here in NYC lol. my question this time is about my interior. Now i have always kept the Pine trees in my car and its always smelled great (black ice or new car smell are my favs) besides having the Pine trees hanging around do you suggest anything else to keep the interior fresh and smelling good all the time? also to clean/wipe the leather materials i use the traditional Armor All Leather wipes. I usually vacuum the rugs once a week too.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by Queenskid24
Hey George how you doing? as you know were getting pretty nice weather this weekend so im planning on doing a detail on my G just like everyone else here in NYC lol. my question this time is about my interior. Now i have always kept the Pine trees in my car and its always smelled great (black ice or new car smell are my favs) besides having the Pine trees hanging around do you suggest anything else to keep the interior fresh and smelling good all the time? also to clean/wipe the leather materials i use the traditional Armor All Leather wipes. I usually vacuum the rugs once a week too.
Hey Queenskid24 - I'm good, excited about this nice weather as well! One trick I use for help keeping my car fresh is every so often, I'll leave a plate of baking soda in the back, along with a note on my seat to remind me to remove it next time I get in This will help absorb some odors and keep the car smelling fresh.

For the leather I usually just wipe down with damp cotton towel and immediately buff dry. I try to avoid over applying products on my leather, but religiously follow a maintenance routine with Leatherique.

Enjoy the weekend!

George
Old 04-20-2007, 03:19 PM
OH6 G35

George,
do you recommend applying P21S Wax only "by hand" ?
If not, can this product be applied with a Lake Country Blue Pad ?
Also, can FMJ be applied over Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze ?
thanks,
Dave
Old 04-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by OH6 G35
George,
do you recommend applying P21S Wax only "by hand" ?
If not, can this product be applied with a Lake Country Blue Pad ?
Also, can FMJ be applied over Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze ?
thanks,
Dave
Dave great question, I often get this question. Most of the carnauba waxes we carry are in a paste form and very easy to work with. The time and effort it would take to melt them down to use with a buffer is not worth it in my opinion, plus you potentially could sacrifice some of the characteristics of the wax by heating it up too much, etc.

I have seen some people carve out the wax from the jar and spread it on a buffer pad similar to like how you'd use a glue stick. For what its worth, I just stick with the hand application.

You can layer the FMJ over High Gloss Sealant Glaze if desired. They are both acrylic sealants so do not have any issues bonding, especially when the Klasse is the bottom layer of the sealant. I may not necessarily recommend the opposite (HGSG over FMJ) but what you outlined is perfectly fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

George
Old 04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
OH6 G35

George,
great info. !!

...but here are some additional questions:

How do you recommend applying the P21S Paste Wax ?
In a back-and-forth method or in a circular-motion method ?
...or does it really matter ?
Also, are there any other Wax Applicators that you prefer ??

...and who wins this "battle" ?

Zaino vs. Klasse ??

thanks again,
Dave

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image