Notices
Build Threads

Deelow's G37 Sedan Build Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 07:27 PM
rm2342

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Looks good Deelow..

Hard to tell they are gunmetal against obsidian black car.. I figured there would be a bit more contrast. They seem to take the on the overall color. Looks good though.

Rochester, you are an **** son of gun aren't you? not necessarily a bad thing, but detail isn't lost on you.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Deelow

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr View Post
Dangggggg that looks real good. Make me really want to toss mine on already haha.

Did you already install your swift springs? If you did, I definitely missed that part when I went through your build thread.

BTW GIVE HER A WASH

Yes the springs are installed my friend! I really like the ride, not too far from stock, the smaller sidewalls definitely make you feel the bumps more, but the springs have surprised me with their ride comfort. I am washing her up good tomorrow, including some light buffing of the sides.

Originally Posted by rm2342 View Post
Looks good Deelow..

Hard to tell they are gunmetal against obsidian black car.. I figured there would be a bit more contrast. They seem to take the on the overall color. Looks good though.

Rochester, you are an **** son of gun aren't you? not necessarily a bad thing, but detail isn't lost on you.
Yeah the color is a GT-R gunmetal or Hyper Black color, it's hard to see in pictures the contrast, but in person, man they pop! Rochester is trying to help me add to my already long list of mods to do and for that I am appreciative.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:42 PM
rm2342

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
^ I'm sure they do in person... Must feel nice just to have them on and progress being made. Keep it up man
The following users liked this post:
Deelow (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 08:49 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Would look better on a graphite shadow sedan willing to trade for Stillen exhaust

wheels look really nice!
The following users liked this post:
Deelow (02-28-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 10:52 PM
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8

Received 4,811 Likes on 4,097 Posts
Coming along very well I must say, wheels look like they came out very nice. Contrast on a black car is hard to convey through pics as I've found out time & again w/ my OB G. In person I'm sure those stand out more, I know you've only just begun to drive it around as is but how are you liking those BFGs thus far? You ended up w/ the 245/275 setup right?
I think the black window trim would be another good addition (and heads & tails)
Glad you're happy w/ those Swifts, seems like you're in a happy place right about now
BTW, Rochester's a tough fellow to pass mods through, but his critique will make you a better modder. He does tend to put mods through quite a bit of scrutiny but in the end it all seems to work out for the best, at least it has in my case.
Now we just need to work on him about "slightly" lowering his ride when he gets those CVTs on. If we work as a united group maybe, just maybe we can see if he caves to the pressure

BTW, bet you're really missing those orange caps, now that would pop
Old 02-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Deelow

Yeah Lol...orange caps...Lol. I went 245 and 275 yes sir! Road noise is a little louder but not too obtrusive. I think it will better after I get my alignment. Waiting till next week.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:24 AM
bigmike35nj

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I have the same color wheels but im waiting till at least the spring to put them on. Im interested in how the swifts ride compared to stock. im especially interested in how it drives on the highway. I have a 08 platinum graphite xsedan. I had the swifts never installed then returned them with the intentions on getting bc coils, but there are to many people with noise issues. So now I'm playing the waiting game. This thread will help me out a lot. Nice ride!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Received 2,837 Likes on 2,206 Posts
I am 100% positive that those rims of yours look stunning in person. As a color, variations on gunmetal are the most difficult things to convey adequately in a photograph. Unless you have serious photo skills, equipment and proper lighting.

And I apologise for commenting on the rusty rotors, because that's surely a sore point. I know it would be for me... And it was in my previous car. Drove me nuts, when rotors got old and the rust showed through for whatever reasons of design and materials. Good luck with that.

Wrapping the window trim only looks good when the windows are tinted, IMO. You have a light tint, and I think you can pull it off well enough. However, unless you have a tint shop wrap the trim, there will be flaws. And even if a shop does it, vinyl wrap just doesn't hold up to detailed scrutiny. So if you go down that road, temper your expectations.

Your car is looking much better, Deelow. Good job.

Tire gel, buddy. Tire gel. I like Maguiars.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Now we just need to work on him about "slightly" lowering his ride when he gets those CVTs on. If we work as a united group maybe, just maybe we can see if he caves to the pressure
I'm not completely obstinate on this topic, Brad. After the Vossens go on the car, you can be sure I'll asses the overall look with respect to ride height. Even though I'm predisposed not to care about silly things like wheel gap, I can be objective about design considerations. Honest.

Here's the thing, though... If I think I might like to see the car lower than the 6MT sits normally, the only route I'd go would be with coilovers. And probably not inexpensive ones at that. In other words, it would be a very costly mod... One that I've not yet planned on, budgeted for, or researched yet.

All those considerations aside, I have a huge (!!!) hump to get over from the street to my driveway. There's nothing I can do about that... It is what it is. I might be able to support a half inch lower, give or take. And who knows, that might be all I need to satisfy my sensibilities should this actually be a consideration.

Blah blah blah... Off topic on Deelow's build thread, but on topic to modding our cars, I suppose.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Deelow

It's cool man! I wasn't bothered by the comment about the rotors at all, in fact glad you pointed it out so I can try and make it look better. Also not off topic at all. I definitely considered coilovers, but cost was a tad over my whole budget. Probably get those if I decide to change out my wheels one day. For now I'm super happy with the look.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 PM
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8

Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Wrapping the window trim only looks good when the windows are tinted, IMO. You have a light tint, and I think you can pull it off well enough. However, unless you have a tint shop wrap the trim, there will be flaws. And even if a shop does it, vinyl wrap just doesn't hold up to detailed scrutiny. So if you go down that road, temper your expectations..
My passenger side still looks perfect after all this time and even if you were to inspect I know you'd agree
The drivers side WAS perfect until the T-bone and they did the best they could to get it back but I need to do that again as it's not perfection
Old 03-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Deelow

Last edited by Deelow; 03-02-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Honestly, with gunmetal rims on a black car, I'd consider gloss black, flat-topped, closed end lug nuts. Think about that for a bit before you jump into a decision.

Name:  IMG_0129_zps657a7e7e.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  95.3 KB

Last edited by Rochester; 03-02-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Deelow

Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Honestly, with gunmetal rims on a black car, I'd consider gloss black, flat-topped, closed end lug nuts. Think about that for a bit before you jump into a decision.
I've actually been looking for black ones, but so far those are the only ones I've found. Maybe I should start a lug nut thread too?
Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 PM
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8

Originally Posted by Deelow View Post
I've actually been looking for black ones, but so far those are the only ones I've found. Maybe I should start a lug nut thread too?
IMO these are a good look, and price & quality are good
Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 21123BC Small Diameter Acorn Black 5 Lug Kit (12mm x 1.25 Thread Size) - Pack of 20: Automotive Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 21123BC Small Diameter Acorn Black 5 Lug Kit (12mm x 1.25 Thread Size) - Pack of 20: Automotive

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deelow's G37 Sedan Build Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.