Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires > Brakes & Suspension
Reload this Page >

Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?

Notices

Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?

Old 01-03-2017, 01:25 PM
  #76  
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,507
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know the 1521 is almost NO dust and stops pretty well.

(My 2015 WRX w/ AP brakes/2 pot rears) Those brakes were GREAT.

Porterfields secret sauce is a secret. But I assume it's a decent semi-metallic street pad.
For some reason the Elise guys bought lots of them but...they are Elise guys

Ken
KNS Brakes is offline  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:30 PM
  #77  
mpegripper
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Menlo Park, Ca
Posts: 206
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks, i'll try the ct's, putting in an order now.

elise guys are always different from the rest. their cars weigh nothing too, so its gotta be different for any repeated use
mpegripper is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 12:57 AM
  #78  
Absinthe
Registered User
 
Absinthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 459
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Time for new brakes

Originally Posted by KNS Brakes View Post
I know the 1521 is almost NO dust and stops pretty well.

(My 2015 WRX w/ AP brakes/2 pot rears) Those brakes were GREAT.

Porterfields secret sauce is a secret. But I assume it's a decent semi-metallic street pad.
For some reason the Elise guys bought lots of them but...they are Elise guys

Ken
Hi Ken,
Do you have a package similar to the Drilled and Slotted Sport Package (rotors, pads and lines) except with the 1521 pads? Do these pads modulate well?
Absinthe is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 AM
  #79  
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,507
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
Hi Ken,
Do you have a package similar to the Drilled and Slotted Sport Package (rotors, pads and lines) except with the 1521 pads? Do these pads modulate well?
I can make one.

What is your email address and zip code?
KNS Brakes is offline  
Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 AM
  #80  
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,507
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Carbotech makes a great street pad. Just a bit pricey.
KNS Brakes is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 01:28 AM
  #81  
Absinthe
Registered User
 
Absinthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 459
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by KNS Brakes View Post
Carbotech makes a great street pad. Just a bit pricey.
After getting the new rotors and the Carbotech pads installed and bedded, I can say this combo is 1000% better than the stock setup. The slots and holes keep the dust buildup from being ground back into the rotor, I haven't had one instance of judder in the 2K miles I've driven with this setup. The brake modulation is fantastic; very linear from initial bite to full stop the pedal pressure required to produce smooth controlled braking is very consistent. I wish I had done this 100K miles ago. Thanks Ken for a very good recommendation.
Absinthe is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 08:44 AM
  #82  
blnewt
Administr8r&DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 24,893
Received 4,833 Likes on 4,118 Posts
Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
After getting the new rotors and the Carbotech pads installed and bedded, I can say this combo is 1000% better than the stock setup. The slots and holes keep the dust buildup from being ground back into the rotor, I haven't had one instance of judder in the 2K miles I've driven with this setup. The brake modulation is fantastic; very linear from initial bite to full stop the pedal pressure required to produce smooth controlled braking is very consistent. I wish I had done this 100K miles ago. Thanks Ken for a very good recommendation.
What rotors did you end up with? Nice to hear that they've far exceeded expectations
blnewt is offline  
Old 01-14-2018, 09:37 PM
  #83  
Danjjacob
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 82
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quick update - I got almost 90,000 miles of mostly highway driving out of the pads but that took one pad down to zero pad material left. Never a problem with stopping power but they did make a lot of dust. Just replaced them with Duralast Gold (ceramic) from Autozone so I will let you know how these perform.

Another thing, the drilled rotors grooved very quickly. Grooves are at all the holes. I emailed Brakeperformance with photos but they just said it's normal. The grooves have not gotten thicker/deeper but they are definitely there. When I look at drilled rotors on other cars (ie: Porsche, BMW) the rotors are smooth, no grooves.
Danjjacob is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Rollo (03-23-2018)
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
conkus805
ECU Tuning / Dyno Data
46
11-19-2015 07:49 PM
si_driver
Brakes & Suspension
3
10-01-2015 09:53 AM
BurtoN86
Brakes & Suspension
2
09-30-2015 03:32 AM
G10
G37 Sedan
5
09-17-2015 11:42 AM
deod
Southern California
0
09-15-2015 08:12 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.