MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension-306/)
-   -   Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension/239529-anyone-have-any-experience-with-rotors-pads-from-brakeperformance-com.html)

Danjjacob 09-05-2012 05:31 PM

Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?

Has anyone purchased brake rotors and pads from this company?

Brake Rotors Brake Discs Drilled Slotted Rotors

I am considering their drilled rotors and premium metallic pads for spirited street driving. I drive a '08 6MT coupe and have 70,000 on the original brakes so I think it's about due.

Also - what is everyone's opinion on fluids flush & fill? Radiator, pwr steering, brakes, transmission? Is is necessary? I have never done this on any of my previous vehicles. If I have the brake fluid changed does that also include the clutch fluid? Altogether I was quoted $350 so I want some opinions first.

Thanks!

gtslo88 11-01-2012 10:22 AM

bump, need brakes as well

KNS Brakes 11-01-2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by gtslo88 (Post 3544601)
bump, need brakes as well

Need some brakes? We are new vendors to the site and offering great discounts! Shoot us a PM and we will do our best to keep you a happy customer!

-Nick

Calg37S 02-08-2013 02:24 PM

bump!! No one has used brakeperformance.com ???

Danjjacob 02-08-2013 06:17 PM

I now have 20,000 miles on these brakes and they are great. Install was straightforward and easy and after bedding them in they perform great. The old squeal when backing up is gone. Slightly more brake pad dust than stock pads but nothing major. I would recommend them. The staff is wonderful to work with as well.

oro 02-11-2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Calg37S (Post 3585650)
bump!! No one has used brakeperformance.com ???

I use the drilled and have about 10k miles on them, no more annoying squeak from the stock rotors, I run stoptech pads on mine. Can't say I have anything bad to say about them. Great bite, no squeak, no rust.

MACS 02-12-2013 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Danjjacob (Post 3585787)
I now have 20,000 miles on these brakes and they are great. Install was straightforward and easy and after bedding them in they perform great. The old squeal when backing up is gone. Slightly more brake pad dust than stock pads but nothing major. I would recommend them. The staff is wonderful to work with as well.

Which rotors/pads did you get? What is the weight compared to stock? Dimpled/slotted look sweet.

Thanks in advance.

blnewt 02-12-2013 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by oro (Post 3586859)
I use the drilled and have about 10k miles on them, no more annoying squeak from the stock rotors, I run stoptech pads on mine. Can't say I have anything bad to say about them. Great bite, no squeak, no rust.

I just ordered the drilled/slotted, haven't received a ship date yet. I also went w/ the Stoptech pads from Rockauto.com . Whole pkg came out to $368. I didn't really want to get the dimpled ones w/ the "free" pads since the pads seem to get mediocre reviews, and not really sure what the dimple accomplishes. At least the drilled will make it a hair lighter and a bit cooler (I drank the Kool-aid, lol). Not that it really matters, I just liked the look of these rotors and if they stop a bit better than OEM even better, I've yet to read any reviews where they stop worse :)
I've been reading reviews from different forums (and different vehicles) and the consensus seems be~ the rotors are pretty good, the black zinc holds up well, and not prone to warping. I'll definitely post my review when I get them on & get some miles on them.

MACS 02-12-2013 10:54 AM

I was looking at the DBA T3 clubspec with stoptech rotors on KNS' site. About $830 for all 4 corners.

Then I was looking at the dimpled/slotted rotors you mention. I would also get the stoptech pads. Much less expensive. I'd guess that DBA is probably a higher quality rotor?

I dunno. Decisions, decisions... I like the look of the dimpled/slotted.

Ethanllives 02-12-2013 09:26 PM

Thanks, info I will be purchasing a set as well for my 09 G37S, will keep you posted once they are installed. I plan to go with the stopTech pads as well, I hope I don't get too much brake pad dust....

MACS 02-14-2013 06:26 PM

Called them today. I was going to order the dimpled/slotted, but they recommended the cross drilled (which are less expensive), the rep said that the dimpled/slotted are better for heavy vehicles and that I would be better served with the cross drilled.

Odd, since the dimpled/slotted are more expensive... you'd think they'd have pushed those.

Anywho... cross drilled rotors from brake performance are enroute, and stoptech street performance pads from KNS are also enroute. The whole ball of wax was just under $500, and that's for all 4 corners. Sa-weeet!

blnewt 02-14-2013 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by MACS (Post 3588231)
Called them today. I was going to order the dimpled/slotted, but they recommended the cross drilled (which are less expensive), the rep said that the dimpled/slotted are better for heavy vehicles and that I would be better served with the cross drilled.

Odd, since the dimpled/slotted are more expensive... you'd think they'd have pushed those.

Anywho... cross drilled rotors from brake performance are enroute, and stoptech street performance pads from KNS are also enroute. The whole ball of wax was just under $500, and that's for all 4 corners. Sa-weeet!

Nice, I wish I had the BBK, those should look sweet on those Akebonos.
It'll be nice to have a few of us to review these so other can be well informed.
BTW, did you get the black zinc? Mine shipped out yesterday for a Monday delivery (I got the black zinc ones). Pretty quick turnaround since they zinc coat them after you order.

MACS 02-15-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3588251)
Nice, I wish I had the BBK, those should look sweet on those Akebonos.
It'll be nice to have a few of us to review these so other can be well informed.
BTW, did you get the black zinc? Mine shipped out yesterday for a Monday delivery (I got the black zinc ones). Pretty quick turnaround since they zinc coat them after you order.

Yessir! Black Zinc... black car... black wheels... see where I'm goin' with this?

Blackout... I really had a blackout! (Scorpions, Circa 1982)

(excuse me... just finished a 12 hour shift and I am tired as hell)

blnewt 02-15-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MACS (Post 3588431)
Yessir! Black Zinc... black car... black wheels... see where I'm goin' with this?

Blackout... I really had a blackout! (Scorpions, Circa 1982)

LOL, I remember a while back that you said you were trending toward the blackout, I think you'll be happy w/ the end product, I know I can't go back from black (and yes, I'm talking just cars here :) )

KNS Brakes 02-15-2013 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by MACS (Post 3587063)
I was looking at the DBA T3 clubspec with stoptech rotors on KNS' site. About $830 for all 4 corners.

Then I was looking at the dimpled/slotted rotors you mention. I would also get the stoptech pads. Much less expensive. I'd guess that DBA is probably a higher quality rotor?

I dunno. Decisions, decisions... I like the look of the dimpled/slotted.

We do have the DBA 4000 rotors that are on clearance, that would take about $250 off your order.

-Nick