Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The front stock rotors weighed in at 28.9 lbs, so the new ones are 1.1 lbs lighter up front.

The rears weighed in at 18.8 lbs, so the new ones are .6 lbs lighter. Not a huge difference, but every little bit helps, right?

I'll give it awhile and report back how they're holding up after some spirited driving. They felt very weird at first. Sounded weird, too, with the moan and an odd sound that sounded like a belt sander coming to a stop on a block of wood... for lack of a better description. After bed in, the moan was gone completely, and the other noise was almost gone. Probably just need a little more time.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by MACS
The front stock rotors weighed in at 28.9 lbs, so the new ones are 1.1 lbs lighter up front.

The rears weighed in at 18.8 lbs, so the new ones are .6 lbs lighter. Not a huge difference, but every little bit helps, right?

I'll give it awhile and report back how they're holding up after some spirited driving. They felt very weird at first. Sounded weird, too, with the moan and an odd sound that sounded like a belt sander coming to a stop on a block of wood... for lack of a better description. After bed in, the moan was gone completely, and the other noise was almost gone. Probably just need a little more time.
Did your installer use the caliper/pad grease? That was the only thing I heard about these rotors was some had noise issues and almost all of them were related to not greasing the caliper/pad contact area. I've also heard there is a bit of noise associated w/ drilled/slotted rotors in general compared w/ non drilled/slotted ones.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:56 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Still very pleased with the purchase. The only thing I'd say is that the stoptech SP pads make a LOT of dust.

They bite really well, but you gotta warm em up first. Not a great bite when cold, but warm up is quick.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (06-17-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 07:26 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Finally installed my slotted/drilled rotors w/ StopTech Street Performance pads today. Got them fully bedded and must say I'm pretty impressed, brakes are vibration free, real solid bite and have a nice sport look to them.
If anyone is looking for a nice looking brake setup and decent performance you can't go wrong w/ this setup for the price. I'll be sure to post further reviews as time goes by
I'll post some pics tomorrow after I clean the beast
Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Here's some pics. I used the aggressive bed-in procedure from Stoptechs' site for their Street Pads (10 consecutive hard braking from 60-10mph w/out any full stops, followed by a driving cool down, then followed by a final 10 reps 60 down to 10mph). Rotors got so hot that the black zinc coating pretty much vaporized all the way to the hats. My OCD got the best of me so I painted the slots & drilled holes the next day w/ VHC caliper paint. So far real happy w/ the purchase, just a heads up if you do the same bedding steps be prepared for a solid silver rotor

Last edited by blnewt; 07-15-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:32 PM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
I just got my drilled and slotted in today, completely plated. They look and feel sturdy, I will post pics. Can't wait to get them on!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
pcfiii

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered a pair of there dimpled and slotted rotors for this past labor day weekend special. It comes with horrible pads from what iv read so what do you guys recommend for spirited driving?! BTW got them for $387 shipped front and rear life time warranty on warping and cracks, what a deal!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by pcfiii
I just ordered a pair of there dimpled and slotted rotors for this past labor day weekend special. It comes with horrible pads from what iv read so what do you guys recommend for spirited driving?! BTW got them for $387 shipped front and rear life time warranty on warping and cracks, what a deal!!!
RockAuto Parts Catalog Stoptech (made by Centric) Street pads are a nice set. Amazon.com has them too, sometimes for a better price
Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 PM
pcfiii

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My front and rear kit just came in, I ordered the slotted and dimpled simply because of the life time warranty and the dimpled for looks honestly i doubt it adds any benefit. I ordered some stoptech SS lines front and rear from kyle@importpartspro (great guy awesome prices) as well. Will be installing this week let you guys know my review soon!

Name:  20130913_222619.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  42.4 KB
Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by pcfiii
My front and rear kit just came in, I ordered the slotted and dimpled simply because of the life time warranty and the dimpled for looks honestly i doubt it adds any benefit. I ordered some stoptech SS lines front and rear from kyle@importpartspro (great guy awesome prices) as well. Will be installing this week let you guys know my review soon!

Looking good
Did you get different pads or are you going to use the pads that came w/ the set? Look forward to hearing your review.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
I got the cross-drilled rotors and I have about 600 miles on them so far and they are working great and I also bought the stop-tech brake pads and the stopping feels a lot smoother because my old rotors were warped and I couldn't resist the really good pricing; now lets see if they last My old rotors were all old and rusty now they have more shine to them, when I clean and paint my calipers I will take some more pics.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:56 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Bumping this back to the top. My front/rear sport-sized rotors should be here tomorrow. Black zinc coating, slotted/dimpled. Got a decent deal too since they had 30% off for Father's Day weekend. Came with their pads too, but I'll toss them, or sell somehow.

Any more updates from you guys still running with these rotors?
Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Bumping this back to the top. My front/rear sport-sized rotors should be here tomorrow. Black zinc coating, slotted/dimpled. Got a decent deal too since they had 30% off for Father's Day weekend. Came with their pads too, but I'll toss them, or sell somehow.

Any more updates from you guys still running with these rotors?
I'm still running the back set since I changed my fronts to the Wilwood BBK and they're holding up well and w/ the Stoptech pads the performance is good.
The following users liked this post:
TheLocNar (06-29-2015)
Old 03-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Saltman
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts
Subbing for future purchase
Old 03-13-2016, 04:11 PM
beniceorbevice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Here's some pics. I used the aggressive bed-in procedure from Stoptechs' site for their Street Pads (10 consecutive hard braking from 60-10mph w/out any full stops, followed by a driving cool down, then followed by a final 10 reps 60 down to 10mph). Rotors got so hot that the black zinc coating pretty much vaporized all the way to the hats. My OCD got the best of me so I painted the slots & drilled holes the next day w/ VHC caliper paint. So far real happy w/ the purchase, just a heads up if you do the same bedding steps be prepared for a solid silver rotor

Did you paint your calipers in this picture? Are these the stock calipers? Because i don't see an infiniti sign on mine, unless it's just under all the rust

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?