Cusco Strut Tower Brace Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 AM
Gmainss

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EnYcee-G
I've had both the opportunity to own both the gtspec and cusco. The gtspec imo feels the same as the cusco as far as handling. The things I didn't like about the gtspec that the cusco doesn't have issues with are: clearance from aftermarket intake tubes. I had the gtspec installed with my takeda long tube cai and it caused rubbing/ clanging issues. The cusco doesn't. The gtspec rubbed the lining of the hood while the cusco to me, doesn't. The cusco also looks better imo.

The black strut bar is the cusco? I like the look of the engine bay lol looks sick!! Im trying to do that with mine but in blue instead did you paint in black yourself? Or get it professionally powder coated?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:19 AM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Gmainss
The black strut bar is the cusco? I like the look of the engine bay lol looks sick!! Im trying to do that with mine but in blue instead did you paint in black yourself? Or get it professionally powder coated?

I did the paint myself. It's easy, if u know what your doing. Plus it's the prep work that makes it a good paint job.

The black strut bar is the gtspec.

And thanks for the compliment!

Gmainss, text me if you'd like on painting your engine bay. 347834two827 I'm in NYC.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:01 AM
iGGy37S

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I had one, didnt make any difference if lowered. I had both KW coilovers and Eibach pro kit so the Cusco bar was a decorative piece at most in the end. Lowering the car even an 0.8" will make a far noticeable difference than a strut bar.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Gmainss

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I did the paint myself. It's easy, if u know what your doing. Plus it's the prep work that makes it a good paint job.

The black strut bar is the gtspec.

And thanks for the compliment!

Gmainss, text me if you'd like on painting your engine bay. 347834two827 I'm in NYC.
I keep reading that the GT spec bar rubs the underneath of the hood.. Is that a big issue or not really? Does it affect the paint in anyway and does it make a lot of noise and really noticeable?
Old 04-27-2015, 12:47 PM
JakeG37

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by iGGy37S
I had one, didnt make any difference if lowered. I had both KW coilovers and Eibach pro kit so the Cusco bar was a decorative piece at most in the end. Lowering the car even an 0.8" will make a far noticeable difference than a strut bar.
By saying that lowering makes a far noticeable difference, do you mean that as a positive? Im not happy with my current setup, see this link https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...g-problem.html and wonder what I should do to improve my handling moving forward.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I just hung up the phone with Yuki at CUSCO USA. He said that the installation of the G37 strut tower brace is to be performed with all 4 wheels on level ground and the suspension fully loaded. Cal him at (714) 907-0033. Beware he has a very heavy Japanese accent that may be hard for you to understand. So I made sure to get him to clarify and repeat it more than once to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding him.
You the man! Preshaite the hell out of that
Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
I've had both the opportunity to own both the gtspec and cusco. The gtspec imo feels the same as the cusco as far as handling. The things I didn't like about the gtspec that the cusco doesn't have issues with are: clearance from aftermarket intake tubes. I had the gtspec installed with my takeda long tube cai and it caused rubbing/ clanging issues. The cusco doesn't. The gtspec rubbed the lining of the hood while the cusco to me, doesn't. The cusco also looks better imo.

What did you use to paint the strut bar and intakes? Looks very appealing as an alternative to polished tubes