BRAKE light during hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Dradams13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seems like the brake fluid fill was the fix. I had recently replaced the back rotors and brakes because they were shot when I bought the car.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:07 PM
Dave Licata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mystakin
not sure, ill check in the morning. had the stealership do the 10k oil change just on wednesday so i think they wouldve told me if anything seemed low, but who know..
it has nothing to do with the break fluid
Old 03-16-2019, 07:12 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Licata

it has nothing to do with the break fluid
No, it has nothing to do with break fluid, but everything to do with brake fluid.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:51 PM
airanp
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just redid the front and rear pads and rotors on my 11 G37. I also had the light come on as I accelerated fairly hard after I did the job. The light would come on for a second at about 3500 rpms and when I let off, it went off. My brake fluid was about in the middle of the range in the reservoir so I thought it would be ok. I just added more fluid to the full line and i have not seen in come on in about the last week. At first I thought the parking brake shoes would need to be replaced but I guess not.
The following users liked this post:
thatsgr8 (10-27-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 06:31 PM
GodlikeRage
Registered Member

Having this issue now, eveytime I accelerate hard above 3k RPM the brake light comes on for half a second and turns off.

It’s not my brake fluid as its topped off, something else is happening. I don’t want to think my Parking brake is engaging itself while driving.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:07 AM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by GodlikeRage
Having this issue now, eveytime I accelerate hard above 3k RPM the brake light comes on for half a second and turns off.

It’s not my brake fluid as its topped off, something else is happening. I don’t want to think my Parking brake is engaging itself while driving.
Dont worry, the switch is engaged before the cable gets taunt and pushes the shoes against the drum. Use 10mm deep socket to adjust the cables neutral position from the underside of the pedal.
Though if that cable is loose enough to be slapping around and engaging the sensor.... You wouldn't pass saftey.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:24 AM
thatsgr8
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodlikeRage, did you ever figure out the Brake Light issue? My wife's car does it occasionally. Yesterday the Brake Light came on and then the "Traction Control also lit up. Brake Light went out, Traction Control did not until I restarted the car. I did have to top off the fluid. It was low. Hopefully this fixes both issues. I will try it again today to see if I can make either come on again.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:46 AM
g37Frost
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Also been having this issue. Parking brake idiot light comes on after hard acceleration for a few seconds, then goes off... TCS light comes on and stays on during most trips. Had brake fluid drained and refilled, and this seems to have resolved the problem.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:10 AM
GodlikeRage
Registered Member

Originally Posted by thatsgr8
GodlikeRage, did you ever figure out the Brake Light issue? My wife's car does it occasionally. Yesterday the Brake Light came on and then the "Traction Control also lit up. Brake Light went out, Traction Control did not until I restarted the car. I did have to top off the fluid. It was low. Hopefully this fixes both issues. I will try it again today to see if I can make either come on again.

A week ago, I replaced the rotors and pads with new fresh ones. I’m presuming the issue is fixed now. I did several hard accelerations and wasn’t able to make the lights come back on. I had to remove some brake fluid before doing this though because the pads were super low and when I put the new pads on, the fluid came back up in the reservoir.

So your pads are probably low too, you might want to take the wheels off and see how much material is left on all the pads, if they’re thin, replace all of the pads. Replacing rotors is optional, unless of course, they’re bad too. Took me a good 2 hours to replace everything (With help).