MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension-306/)
-   -   BRAKE light during hard acceleration (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension/229119-brake-light-during-hard-acceleration.html)

mystakin 11-25-2011 08:39 PM

BRAKE light during hard acceleration

today was a great day. got 40% off a huge shopping purchase and so i treated my car to a little treat. Went ahead with getting her darker front tints as i had a scratch on the passenger window and 35% was seeming a bit too light for me. Also went ahead with getting a windshield strip which im not sure if i love or hate but hopefully it'll grow on me. Anyways, after leaving the tint shop, I noticed my brake light on the dashboard turned on under hard acceleration from a red light. This caught me off guard and i thought i was just seeing things.. but no, whenever i would 'floor' it and the car would take off, the brake light would turn on. i wouldnt get the beeping caused when you press the foot parking brake while driving which says something along the lines of, "please remove parking brake" or something like that. No beeps or any notifications on the dash from this hard acceleration other than the red Brake light illuminating.

anyone had a similar issue? i mean its not too annoying since there is no beeping, but having that light come on seems to draw my attention away from the road which now makes it a safety factor.

hobbs 11-25-2011 09:44 PM

Low brake fluid?

mystakin 11-26-2011 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by hobbs (Post 3291086)
Low brake fluid?

not sure, ill check in the morning. had the stealership do the 10k oil change just on wednesday so i think they wouldve told me if anything seemed low, but who know..

Can'tGme 11-26-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by hobbs (Post 3291086)
Low brake fluid?

Correct. Happened to me in my Z before.

trp244 11-26-2011 09:40 AM

I'm betting it's not the brake fluid, since I have had the same issue and I found that the parking brake is just loose enough to trip the dash light and not the chime (warning sound) just after hard acceleration. I plan on having dealership take a look soon and will update then.

htwnlovaboy 11-26-2011 11:54 AM

the same thing happend to me this morning.

bsaot 12-19-2012 12:36 PM

Sorry, has anyone found the solution to this problem. I recently got KW V3's installed and have been having the same issue. After hard accelerations, my brake light also turns on. Same exact issue.. please let me know if you find out why.
Thanks!

nukee26 12-19-2012 06:09 PM

Try topping off your brake fluid. It fixed the issue when I had it even though the level was still within the low/high band.

Himalaya 12-19-2012 08:21 PM

either brakes are really bad or brake fluid is low. I went in today and got the brake fluid topped off and the problem went away

nbast 12-19-2012 09:29 PM

As everyone else has said, it's low brake fluid. I had the same thing happen to me two weeks ago. Topped off the fluid and no more light...

Emon Crew 12-20-2012 02:23 PM

I wouldn't just go with low brake fluid, Id have your rear brakes checked out too...once my rear brakes went that was the first light to pop on....then came the yellow exclamation, then the vdc off then the slip....good luck

WILLDOGS 12-20-2012 03:16 PM

Its the low brake fluid, but the reason your fluid is low is because your pads are low.

Make sure you get your pads checked out, its a way of warning you early.

alanro 01-11-2013 06:46 PM

my 09S coupe did the same, even though the fluid level was above min., it still needs to be topped off, and no more light.
Dealer went ahead and warranty replaced front brake backing plates-pads-turned rotors, due to a TSB about noise,vibreation, harshness[NVH] on the front.
I paid 130.00 for rear turn rotors, and de-graze pads[had 50+%] life remaining.
I noticed that on morning starts, no more sqealing when backing out of driveway.

welshg37owner 01-12-2013 10:09 PM

I have that problem (now at 50,000) miles. No issue since fluid top off at service today but will be watching out for any indications of brake wear.

Dradams13 05-11-2016 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Emon Crew (Post 3564354)
I wouldn't just go with low brake fluid, Id have your rear brakes checked out too...once my rear brakes went that was the first light to pop on....then came the yellow exclamation, then the vdc off then the slip....good luck

having the same problem. hard excel, brake light comes on, then VDC light illuminates and doesn't go off. Manual says to restart and it resets light.

this works. i'll try the brake fluid fix and see if that works. just got a 2011 g37x sedan used 90k miles. I hope that it's nothing big, I love this car.