Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

FREE headlight conversion consulting

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Danny! You are the man!! Wow, i am loving this forum more and more! Showed me that true enthusiasts still exist!
Weiboy, you have been great at helping me with most of my mods, and your credits won't go wasted. So its only right that i say it out again "THANK YOU"!!
Useless thread is dominating because that's where most of the true enthusiasts lurks... or just people with bunch of free times hahaha
Old 09-14-2011, 12:05 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the help! ive only heard good things about your products!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by daicon0
thanks for offering your service! and for free! that's priceless!

I have a question about taking out and putting back in the HID light from our headlights. what tool(s) and/or method do you use?

after painting the housing of my headlights; I found putting the HID light back into the housing the most time consuming and pain in the ****. Thanks for your input and/or recommendations!

Not a problem! Assuming you're referring to the actual bulb, it is difficult to putting it back because of the small HID opening. Try using a pair of pliers (alligator or something slender), use it to hold the HID and inserting it. Be sure to tighten the HID connector until it "clicks".
Old 09-14-2011, 12:34 PM
ucla bruin

Answered all the PMs.

It's nice to see that a lot are coming from So Cal but am glad you'll be attempting it on your own. It'd be great too if you guys can post it here so other members can benefit from your question as well.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
thanks for the help!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
daicon0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Click? I don't remember any parts to click to. It has groove patterns to match then a clamp to hold it there... Hmm, maybe I missed it, i might give it a go this weekend! Thanks for the advise!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:11 PM
ucla bruin

No, you got it right. Match the groove then clamp it down. Then connect the power cable, turn it until it clicks.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:47 PM
daicon0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bummer... I was really hoping that it clicked on/off, now I don't know if want to take it out anymore... ... I probably will! Thanks Danny!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
hey danny, i was wondering if you knew the answer to this.
its a double post cuz i dunno if anyone really reads the diy section anymore lol

https://www.myg37.com/forums/3231450-post169.html
Old 09-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Post links to the surface mount and I'll check it out for you. You can get them from anywhere. Surface mounts are not as inconsistent as through-hole (the common cylindrical ones). Parallel is "better" because all LEDs will be at the same brightness but you will run a lot more power -> melt something or blow something. So if done right, parallel. Otherwise, series is safer but each load may have different brightness. There's a lot more to this than I can explain in a paragraph. Take away is: it depends on what you're using and how many LEDs.

Just following in your footsteps!
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Nice thread Danny.
Thank you for every PM you've answered of mine and your contributions to our forums.
Originally Posted by jujubii
hey danny, i was wondering if you knew the answer to this.
its a double post cuz i dunno if anyone really reads the diy section anymore lol

https://www.myg37.com/forums/3231450-post169.html
All of our clearance lights uses 168 bulb and the green box is correct. There's only 2 location for The clearance lights.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
ucla bruin

Yea, what Weiboy said. Green box is the amber reflector bulb. Turn it left 45 degrees and pull straight out. Let me us know if you have any other questions. GOod luck!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
What do you think about demon eye and ironman? They wouldn't last long or it depends on your luck
Old 09-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by NoirG
What do you think about demon eye and ironman? They wouldn't last long or it depends on your luck
the demon eyes def will not last if the headlights are on at the same time unless you add a on off switch. Led's are like hit and miss sometimes. Some will last some won't. If you can do your own work I'd say go for it.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:09 PM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by NoirG
Define long?

But generally, they will be more headaches than it's worth. Also not worth the money IMO, that's why I stopped offering it. I think it looks bad and devalues the car when you just have 1 LED out too, cheapens the feel and takes away the class. Of course, this is all my personal opinion as an enthusiast and past vendor.

FYI, Audi has an entire cooling mechanism behind their DRL LEDs to cool them so they last. Unless you're getting something similar, I would say don't bother. LEDs and heat do not work well together. It's also the fact that they have to be meticulously integrated into the light makes them difficult to maintain/repair -> which translates to high cost for you.

For those that have PMed me regarding painted headlights, the shops I recommended will do more than take care of you. Lowest pricing you can find as well. I believe that's the missing piece for a lot of people.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
the demon eyes def will not last if the headlights are on at the same time unless you add a on off switch. Led's are like hit and miss sometimes. Some will last some won't. If you can do your own work I'd say go for it.
Thank you Weiboy for your info

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Define long?

But generally, they will be more headaches than it's worth. Also not worth the money IMO, that's why I stopped offering it. I think it looks bad and devalues the car when you just have 1 LED out too, cheapens the feel and takes away the class. Of course, this is all my personal opinion as an enthusiast and past vendor.

FYI, Audi has an entire cooling mechanism behind their DRL LEDs to cool them so they last. Unless you're getting something similar, I would say don't bother. LEDs and heat do not work well together. It's also the fact that they have to be meticulously integrated into the light makes them difficult to maintain/repair -> which translates to high cost for you.

For those that have PMed me regarding painted headlights, the shops I recommended will do more than take care of you. Lowest pricing you can find as well. I believe that's the missing piece for a lot of people.
Thank you Danny, I've been curious how Audi offer their headlight with no issue now I know.

Quick Reply: FREE headlight conversion consulting