Body Interior Exterior Lighting

FREE headlight conversion consulting

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
neaor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Define long?

But generally, they will be more headaches than it's worth. Also not worth the money IMO, that's why I stopped offering it. I think it looks bad and devalues the car when you just have 1 LED out too, cheapens the feel and takes away the class. Of course, this is all my personal opinion as an enthusiast and past vendor.

FYI, Audi has an entire cooling mechanism behind their DRL LEDs to cool them so they last. Unless you're getting something similar, I would say don't bother. LEDs and heat do not work well together. It's also the fact that they have to be meticulously integrated into the light makes them difficult to maintain/repair -> which translates to high cost for you.

For those that have PMed me regarding painted headlights, the shops I recommended will do more than take care of you. Lowest pricing you can find as well. I believe that's the missing piece for a lot of people.
sigh, ^this, otherwise i'd do it for my car. i want the arc reactor so badly =(
Old 09-19-2011, 02:18 PM
mr_luv

I am trying to figure out a wiring schematic for my M,

I am running quad projecors.
(MAIN) Single Low On/Off
(Secondary ) On / Off + High
How the heck can I do this?
Either I can make it work permantly with the low beams all 4 all the time + high with trigger.

Or low beams on & off
And Highbeams on as normal.

How can I get the 1st option to work?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:37 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the stock form for the M? Just dual projectors not quad right? Or does it come with quad from the factory and you're trying to install 2 additional projectors?

Can you rephrase?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
carz

its nice that you are doing something like this. Good help is hard to find, a forum is great but sometimes the information is scattered...but being able to call up one person and get some help is really important.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 PM
mr_luv

OEM is Single Xenon + 9005 Highbeam

My setup is single Xenon
Bixenon projector inplace of 9005 Highbeam

What's the stock form for the M? Just dual projectors not quad right? Or does it come with quad from the factory and you're trying to install 2 additional projectors?

Can you rephrase?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Who can you recommend to do a tsx lens swap and also retrofit something like the morimoto projectors for example,into the fog light area on a 09 coupe? And paint the headlights ofcourse
Old 09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
neaor

hey danny, i know these aren't exactly in the headlight but i was wondering if you know anyone who can do this mod and if that metal bar is necessary under the LEDs: https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...e-top-ten.html
Old 09-27-2011, 04:23 PM
ucla bruin

Have you tried PMing him? I haven't seen his car in person although we live in the same general area, but from what I've heard, it looks very clean.

The metal bar may not be necessary depending on how the LED bar is designed.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey danny have you ever put a 55x ballast in for our headlights so our headlights are brighter? i was thinking of doing that and i wanted to know if our headlights can handle a 55w ballast. thanks
Old 10-29-2011, 10:19 PM
daicon0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Danny, do you have any recommendations on how to properly clean the underside of the clear piece of the headlights? I'm talking about the clear piece that is pried off to gain access to the housing pieces. Correct me if I'm wrong but the underside doesn't have any protection so it can easily scratched but honestly it got so dusty from when I painted the housing a few months back that it's really bothering me. I tried some armorall glass wipes when I took apart one side last weekend but that didn't do much plus I didn't apply much pressure anyway when I wiped. Thanks for any help!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:29 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
What do I need for LED turn signals? I know I'll need a load resistor or something like that of some kind so they don't blink super fast but what kind? V-LEDS has two options. One is 3ohm the other is 6ohm. My blinker housing is painted black with the rest of the lights and the stock turn signal bulb just is not bright enough.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2011, 12:11 AM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by A_Palaroan
hey danny have you ever put a 55x ballast in for our headlights so our headlights are brighter? i was thinking of doing that and i wanted to know if our headlights can handle a 55w ballast. thanks
I have not. I try not to mess with the ballast since I'm not really sure the impact it'd have. A higher power ballast might draw more power from the battery or maybe blow the fuse. Sorry can't really help you there. But if you want brighter headlight, have you thought about adding HID fogs?

Originally Posted by daicon0
Hi Danny, do you have any recommendations on how to properly clean the underside of the clear piece of the headlights? I'm talking about the clear piece that is pried off to gain access to the housing pieces. Correct me if I'm wrong but the underside doesn't have any protection so it can easily scratched but honestly it got so dusty from when I painted the housing a few months back that it's really bothering me. I tried some armorall glass wipes when I took apart one side last weekend but that didn't do much plus I didn't apply much pressure anyway when I wiped. Thanks for any help!
Not exactly sure which piece are you referring to...The big housing lens cover? Or the piece in front of the turn signal. If you're talking about the big housing lens, then yes the inside is very very easy to scratch. I would recommend avoiding touching that part if you can. But if you must wipe it, do it with some lens cleaner and microfiber towel. After opening the light, you can leave it face down to prevent dust from falling in. In my experience, it shouldn't be too hard to keep it dust free. Let me know if it's part of your process that you have a question with.

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
What do I need for LED turn signals? I know I'll need a load resistor or something like that of some kind so they don't blink super fast but what kind? V-LEDS has two options. One is 3ohm the other is 6ohm. My blinker housing is painted black with the rest of the lights and the stock turn signal bulb just is not bright enough.

Thanks
What LED are you planning on using for turn signal? The quickest way might be to give V-LEDs a call to see which resistor they'd recommend.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
What LED are you planning on using for turn signal? The quickest way might be to give V-LEDs a call to see which resistor they'd recommend.
Probably these right here? V-LEDS AMBER 92 M-SMT PARK/TURN BULBS 1157 2057
They will fit the G37 headlight right?

On the FAQ on v-leds site for LED turn signals it says this:

Load Resistor Kits:
One pair 6 Ohm or 3 Ohm, 50 Watt resistors can be connected across the turn signal wire to simulate the load of regular filament bulbs. This will solve LED related turn signal problems such as hyper flashing, no flashing or burnt out bulb indications. Two 6 ohm resistors equals 2 standard filament bulbs. One pair 3 ohm resistor equals the load of 4 standard filament bulbs. Each kit includes two resistors and 4 gel filled moisture resistant splice taps.
So if I understand that right, then I need the 6ohm since we just have 2 blinker bulbs?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
I live in nebraska, so hot *** summers and cold as winters.

My goal is newest ironman mod, demon eye mod, and led sidestrip turn signals. Do you think I will have problems with this set up in the weather I get? Car will be a DD year round.

Thanks for all the help you give.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM
mr_luv

Same here, I figured out my wiring issue, So how the hell do you wire the ironman LED's I want to do something simular and I cant seem to figure out the wiring of the leds.. Help sir...
Originally Posted by eljoker
I live in nebraska, so hot *** summers and cold as winters.

My goal is newest ironman mod, demon eye mod, and led sidestrip turn signals. Do you think I will have problems with this set up in the weather I get? Car will be a DD year round.

Thanks for all the help you give.

Quick Reply: FREE headlight conversion consulting