Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Probably these right here? V-LEDS AMBER 92 M-SMT PARK/TURN BULBS 1157 2057
They will fit the G37 headlight right?

On the FAQ on v-leds site for LED turn signals it says this:

So if I understand that right, then I need the 6ohm since we just have 2 blinker bulbs?
I think the 2 different resistors will give 2 different blinking rate. You can start by getting the 6 Ohm and see how much like the blinking speed. Be sure to wire them correctly.

Originally Posted by eljoker
I live in nebraska, so hot *** summers and cold as winters.

My goal is newest ironman mod, demon eye mod, and led sidestrip turn signals. Do you think I will have problems with this set up in the weather I get? Car will be a DD year round.

Thanks for all the help you give.
It really depends on the LEDs you get but in extreme weather, they do tend to give out. Especially in really hot summers and if your car is outdoors most of the time. I would say ironman would give out first, then sidestrip, then demon eye. Again, it depends on the LEDs you use for each too.

Originally Posted by mr_luv
Same here, I figured out my wiring issue, So how the hell do you wire the ironman LED's I want to do something simular and I cant seem to figure out the wiring of the leds.. Help sir...
What kind of LEDs are you using? In general I'd wire them in parallel. Let me know if you need explanation on what this means.

For each side:
Extend both a positive and a negative from the side marker socket. Wire all ironman LEDs in parallel. Then connect the + from ironman LED bunch to the + from the side marker socket. - with -.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM
mr_luv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried 1st with LED's from a halo but at this point I am ready to actually give it a shot and really get it completed what do you recommend and I would love a explanation on how to do it and what parallel means. Do i need resistors what kind how many tired of burning out leds over here...
(shoulda paid better attention in electronics class).
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I think the 2 different resistors will give 2 different blinking rate. You can start by getting the 6 Ohm and see how much like the blinking speed. Be sure to wire them correctly.

It really depends on the LEDs you get but in extreme weather, they do tend to give out. Especially in really hot summers and if your car is outdoors most of the time. I would say ironman would give out first, then sidestrip, then demon eye. Again, it depends on the LEDs you use for each too.

What kind of LEDs are you using? In general I'd wire them in parallel. Let me know if you need explanation on what this means.

For each side:
Extend both a positive and a negative from the side marker socket. Wire all ironman LEDs in parallel. Then connect the + from ironman LED bunch to the + from the side marker socket. - with -.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:11 PM
ucla bruin

You can try the prewired ones from superbrightleds.com. Those come with resistors so you don't have to worry about it. It's hard to explain wiring in parallel vs series. Look it up on google first and let me know if you have questions.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
mr_luv

Are the prewired from SBL.com any good? Are they the same quality that you guys used to wire up individual LED's. i actually didnt know they sold them that way, I will give the google a spin. Thanks

You can try the prewired ones from superbrightleds.com. Those come with resistors so you don't have to worry about it. It's hard to explain wiring in parallel vs series. Look it up on google first and let me know if you have questions.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
ucla bruin

I'm not familiar with SBL. Post the link and I can check it out for you.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Weiboy718

free pic's by me!

connect all the red to red then all the black to black

get them taped up nice and so you only have to deal with one bundle of wires instead of a whole hair ball of wires.

take the ground wire(all the black)and crimp a ring insulator then unscrew the phillips screw that's on the projector housing. by doing this you have one less wire to take care of because once the headlight is plugged into the car the whole headlight housing is grounded...

end product!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:57 AM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for responding to my post Danny. If you ever find out if we can run a 55w ballast on our headlights let me know and if i find out ill post it on this thread. thanks for all your help.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
mr_luv

Thanks it cant be that simple can it? What about all the resistors and such is this parallel or is this series? I see the - bundle is bolted to the projector is the + bolted to the projector too?

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
free pic's by me!

connect all the red to red then all the black to black

get them taped up nice and so you only have to deal with one bundle of wires instead of a whole hair ball of wires.

take the ground wire(all the black)and crimp a ring insulator then unscrew the phillips screw that's on the projector housing. by doing this you have one less wire to take care of because once the headlight is plugged into the car the whole headlight housing is grounded...

end product!

Old 11-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Weiboy718

Yes, it is that simple! Everything is wired in parallel + to + - to -. The LEDs I used for those lights are already prewired with resistors. The ring you see that's connector to the projector housing IS GROUND ONLY!!!! You should run the + wire(hot wire)to the outside of the housing instead that way you can hook it up to any source you want.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Weiboy718

Drill a tiny hole through the rubber on high beam plug. Here's a example. pls do this AT YOUR OWN RISK! Don't come back and start pointing fingers if you screw up lol

Last edited by Weiboy718; 11-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:03 AM
mr_luv

Holy smokes... Thanks Bro. I am about to go banana's lol
Drill a tiny hole through the rubber on high beam plug. Here's a example. pls do this AT YOUR OWN RISK! Don't come back and start pointing fingers if you screw up lol

Old 11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Weiboy718

Well hey, if you think you're up to the task I'd say give it a shot and I'm sorry if I made it seems all easy lol. In reality it's much much harder to do since there are lots of steps and precautions you gotta take.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
ucla bruin

Wei saves the day.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
mr_luv

Well hey, if you think you're up to the task I'd say give it a shot and I'm sorry if I made it seems all easy lol. In reality it's much much harder to do since there are lots of steps and precautions you gotta take.
Indeed, i figure it isnt a cake walk and isnt going to assemble it's self. I have a little lighting experience just been stumped with LED's and this will save me the headache of researching reading and trial and error until I got it right. (details on steps and precautions that you use) I dont have G but I plan on doing something like this on my M.

Wei saves the day.
Thanks to both of you guys for the help I know lots of people have been wanting to do something like this.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM
dmeng

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Danny@Limited Edition;3230146]After being impressed by the number of good DIYs out there on how to do headlight conversion (painting, LEDs...etc) and the amount of interest this topic calls for. I've decided to offer my service for free to the G community. No, sorry, I won't be doing the work for you. But I've realized that there are a lot of people that would benefit from this but are just scared to try. There's no reason to be, because I will walk you through it step by step. Don't get me wrong, there are a number of excellent DIYs on the forum already, but I'm offering myself at your service to answer any questions you have so that you become comfortable enough to mod your own headlights.

This is an alternative to shelling out $500-$1000 for painted headlights. Not to mention having to deal with down time that's associated with shipping, possible damage, putting yourself at the mercy of the headlight master of your choice......etc.

I've done countless sets of lights when I used to be an active vendor. I'm confident that I'd be able to help you with anything from painting referral, different types of paint, how long to wait, what temperatures to set at, to what is the BEST sealant to use and where to buy everything you'd need.

I am your friendly neighborhood resource, so use me!

Didn't get a response from my post, so I'll ask here.
I want to change the fog light which are H11's I believe for the Coupes and the lights next to my HID's. (Don't know the size for those)
Can you recommend a good replacement that would match the OEM HID's?
I'm just looking to change the bulbs without doing any HID conversions to the fog lights.

Gonna have Infiniti install these when I get my 1st oil change, do I have them go through the air box or wheel well?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: FREE headlight conversion consulting