Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Been hit, need to know how to adjust this panel gap. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
last lemming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been hit, need to know how to adjust this panel gap. . .

Ok, I'm pretty sure someone backed into me without damaging the steel or brackets behind the bumper, but hard enough to jog something bacase my panel gap at C-C below is tight at the wheel and opens up a smidge (about 1/32") at the taillight. Plus the D-D panel sticks out past the metal body panel about 1/16" (see this link for details https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...is-normal.html )

I believe the car was hit below the A-A location dead center.

My question is how would you tighten up the C-C gap? Specs say its suppose to be a tolerance of 0.0mm - 0.8mm wide but I'm not sure where to measure that. Is it with a feeler gauge between where the panels would actually touch? The reason I ask is beacause the panes edges are radiied (<sp?) so it's hard to know where to take the meausrement.

I've already bent the barrackets at B-B (both sides) and it helped a litte but there is too much flex in the bumpers plastic to compensate for the closing the gap completely. Either this is how the bumper has alway been and somthing somewhere else is causing the slack the gap, or the person who hit me casue the bumper to desort, causing the gap. In either case I'm not sure what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated.