Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Smart phone mirroring question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 09:19 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Smart phone mirroring question

Hey guys- noob question but I'm curios as to why it's so difficult to display phone on car with nav screen ? I'm sure there more to it, but can I get an had I to usb cable, plug in a chromecast or somethings g Silas and the hoop
K my phone to that??? Some say that sub does not put out vid, but I plugged in a sub with movies , while parked, and worked perfectly, so wouldn't the above idea work? Or something similar? Has anyone done this to a G with usb only and how was it done. Realize I would need to modify with Ks mod to get pics while moving, but just curios if this will work or what else would I need etc...
Also, it doesn't have to be wireless casting, I wouldn't mind plugging into X cord each time to get it to display out via aux...I have a 5 s and a lg phone so either OS not picky...for that matter I have an old Lumia 640 so even Windows OS too...
Thanks
Old 11-27-2016, 11:37 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
K, X, Y Are you trying to hook up a radar detector?
Old 11-28-2016, 06:19 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

what????? phone to display....
Old 12-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
you can't phone mirror because the G does not have Apple Carplay or Android Auto functionality.

you could do a lot of custom work to get phone mirroring, but you'd need a crapload of money and knowledge to get it done.

my next car will have Android Auto, so Infiniti better get that isht on the Q60 soon ....
Old 12-02-2016, 10:25 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

^^^ I guess after plugging in my usb drive with a few movies etc, I started thinking that sticking some type of chromecast type device and then connecting my phone and blah blah voila ....but guess it was a pipe dream, damn, I'm keeping my car for some time, so wanted to do something to my nav and considered moving the stock screen and then a tablet, but after readin g through some posts on how to do it, realized it was waaaaay over my skill level...oh well, will see what pops up....thanks
Old 12-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
the USB only does iPod/iPhone audio. if you have RCA Aux inputs, you have more options, but the later model G's don't have them.

the easiest and cheapest way to do what you're talking about would probably be to get a tablet mount ... not the cleanest solution, but FAR easier with no hacking of wires, etc.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...interface.html
Old 12-28-2016, 09:19 PM
jayp81
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
That device Presto mentioned sounds interesting and looks cool, but kind of pricey. Something I was thinking about is getting a box they sell on ebay that converts hdmi to rca ($10-$20), then you can maybe plug in something like a chromecast, firestick, androidbox to it and mirror from that. Im sure its a lot of tinkering though. I'll probably try doing something like that in the next few months and post back if it works out. Still trying to come up with what method and equipment I should use to get the most bang for the buck.