Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help g37 stereo upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Ron James

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure about the non-Bose but the Bose speakers are 1 Ohm. As others have said in this thread, if you want SQ you're better off waiting and saving until you have enough to pay for it.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by gizmo134
the G is a very difficult and expensive car to do sound system modifications in. Your best bet will definitely be a shop, it will be tough to do much on that price range though. What exactly is bothering you about the stock system? Your best off fixing the most offending thing for now IMO.
I guess Ive been extremely luck so far. It only took about four hours to run the 0/Ga wire to the trunk for the power feed. That alone took me over a day and a half in my Mustang. So far Ive found the G to be very logical and easy to work with. Having the complete shop manual with schematics and logic flow was a bonus as well. Id offer the opinion that if your halfway good with your hands; have some tools to work with and space to leave things torn apart; and some patience; the G isn't all that bad to work on.

Expensive? Definately if you break something. The interior parts for the older cars are a bit hard to find round here and the pristine ones are definately not cheap
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Jedclampet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running the wire wasn't too bad, the molex at the doors requires lots of care though. But fabricating each speaker mount in the doors and tweeters in the sill takes some expirience too. There's just not an easy or cheap sloution, diy saves you money to spend on parts until you get in over your head and damage something. For good SQ I can't see adding a bass amp and sub, that will only make more thump. Components in the doors and a multi channel amp will head you in the right direction to start, remember the doors can hold 10 inch drivers. Sounds like for those without the Bose will need a processor to sum up the signal as well.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
A sub can add plenty of SQ.
You dont need a huge sub and amp to fill in the low end. For most 500 watts rms is good for a daily driver.

The doors will hold 10" drivers but the depth of the door is the issue.

My 6.75" speakers barley fit in the doors even with 1" spacers.
The total depth of the door with a 1" spacer is around 3.75"-4"
Measure first to ensure fitment
Old 11-20-2013, 11:04 AM
MPdesign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have an update on this?

How did it go?

I just read it now - but I find that I get the best sound when I use the inputs from my Android phone and drive it through my phone equalizer.

I know. It is cheezy, but the sound is a hundred times better.

Somewhat off topic
I would pay alot of money if someone would give me a touchscreen headend unit that will show and control my phone!