Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

AutokitsX bad customer service / quality

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 05:55 PM
vaio23
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
AutokitsX bad customer service

So I bought a carbon fiber diffuser from autokits x. When it came in I unwrapped it and immediately noticed a small strip of missing carbon fiberglass but it had the clear coat over it. When you hold it up to the light you could see thru it. I immediately emailed them to see what I should do, I didn't hear from them so for two days finally got tired of waiting and installed it because it was very hard to see. After I installed it and it was out in the sun I noticed a golf ball size dimple in the weave. It is very noticable and looks like a dent on a cars paint job. I emailed them again and they finally respond saying for me to send it back to them and they will see if they can fix it, but they want me to pay for shipping both ways ($90). This is crazy because both of these issues are due to quality defects on their side and they want me to pay for it. Needless to say I responded back to them saying this was not exceptable and they never responded back, on top of that they have the nerve to say they are bending over backwards to help me. It took them 2 days to respond to my emails and they never responded to my last one. I know lots of people have had good experiences with them but I didn't.

Last edited by vaio23; 11-07-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:40 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Have you tried emailing them with the detailed pictures attached?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:08 PM
vaio23
Registered Member

Yes that was the 1st thing I did. I even requested them to give me a partial refund so I would have to deal with shipping and they refused. Especially since I feel I got a B stock quality item.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:27 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Im sorry to hear this Vaio. I will be most likely seeing AutoKitx tomorrow. I will surely bring this up and see if I offer any type of help.. Sorry for any hassle.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 AM
AUTOKITS-X
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
As a response to your review, we researched our communiction with you from the date you received your package. You sent us an email stating that the diffuser had a 1/2 inch gash between the carbon fiber and fiberglass. Later that day we received a picture showing the small gash on the left side of the diffuser. Within 24 hours you emailed us asking if we were going to reply, and mentioned that you had bought electrical tape and tried taping the inside of the diffuser, as well as installing it.

According to your email, you mentioned that after installing the diffuser, you noticed a "Golf Ball Size" dent on the left side of the diffuser, and sent another picture. That immediately rose a red flag, because you said that you had received the diffuser and noticed a gash on the left side, but did not notice a golf ball size dent on the same side until after the install. The following day, we responded back to your original email, apologizing for not replying immediately ( Exactly 2 days later). We Quickly mentioned that Florida was under Hurricane watch and our office was closed. Without any hesitsation, we offered you a new product "Free" of charge to you, all we advised you was to package it up in its original package.

Two days later, you responded to our original email, saying you did not want to remove the diffuser, that you wanted a partial refund. Our response to you was that due to company policy, that would not be an option, being that we were offering you a new one at no additional cost to you. Following company policy, we also mentioned that we would not be responsible for "ANY" additional damages other then the ones discussed, as covered by warranty. We did mention that phrase "if", if the package gets damaged, or if damaged by removal, we will not send you a new one, we would fix all issues, including any additional damages, and ship it back to you at your cost.

By you posting this review, will not change any decisions made here after. We responded within 48 hours of your original email, you were the one that decided to install the diffuser before receiving an acknowledgment from us. We have been working with you from the begining. This truly makes no sense to us because the claim is still open, and yet you decided to post a review before it being resolved. We would of rathered dealt with this matter amongst us, then now going through a public forum. Our goal is not to go back and forth on the forum, so if you want to get this issue resolved, please contact us via email, or by phone at 754-200-5269 during regular business hours.

Thanks
Autokits X
Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 AM
BeefMaster

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
To be honest, the v2 diffuser I got for my coupe was not great either. The weaves on the bottom half were not symmetrical at all and there was a clear coat drip. It is obvious the job was half-assed due to it not being visible when mounted. But it wasn't worth the hassle to complain. Best of luck op.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM
vaio23
Registered Member

Believe me I didn't want to go public but your lack or responses forced me too. I sent you my last email saying your request was unacceptable on Wednesday and never heard back so I assumed the matter was closed on your side. You didnt respond in four days and the hurricane is no longer an issue was what is your excuse for not responding? So I go public, email you sending you a link to this post a get a reply within 7 hr? Maybe that is the reason I went public so you can reply because I haven't had luck otherwise. Also the dent was not noticeable when I examined it inside my house because the outside clear coat is perfect on the outside, the weave is dimpled below the clear coat, like the weave was pushed in then clear coated perfectly smooth over it so it couldn't be seen until installed. Another thing is you already knew I had installed it when you offered an exchange for a new one and then later say since I installed it you can only fix it if I pay shipping, this doesn't make sense. Sorry my friend but all red flags point to you, your quality and your business. As for Going back and forth via the forum I agree and will not post any more here if you respond to either of last last two emails I sent you.

Last edited by vaio23; 11-04-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
OP

Why didn't you just pick up the phone, and call immediately??

Why did you install it with a defect? You failed to mitigate any damages.

I agree with Autokits on dealing with this privately.

No one has patience anymore.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 PM
vaio23
Registered Member

Issue has been resolved, please close thread. We both could have handled the situation differently but I am satisfied and would buy again from them.