Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Moneyproblem with Lou at Amplified motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 AM
docaam

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Moneyproblem with Lou at Amplified motorsports

I never wanted to start a thread like this as all my past dealing with Lou at Amplified was great. But since last order its very unfortunate behaviour from their side.

Last November I ordered some parts coil-over, sway bars, camber kits and OEM front lip for G37 Sedan. I sent the money and there was some miscalculation in the invoice so accidentally sent 110$ (vaguely remember the amount) extra, which we agreed can be sorted out in next item purchase which I was ok with.

Lou confirmed pick up of items by my shipper.

My shipper picked the items and when it was delivered all the way to Dubai, Front lip was missing. First I confirmed with shipper as maybe they misplaced it but they couldn't find anything.

Sent an email to Lou about the lip he didn't reply but after 2 weeks (said they were busy in something) he said yeah they didn't sent the lip as box was damaged so they send it back to Infiniti for replacement. As shipping alone of lip was high so we both agreed to cancel the order. He confirmed to cancel and get the money back from Inifniti (this is what he said). I followed it up in Jan/Feb/March sometimes he replied that he is still waiting for the money back from them.

In April I asked him to refund the amount which total came to 462$, he disappeared no replies to emails, pms or even his cell phone. Then after a month he replied a pm apologizing and asking for paypal address, i sent the address straight away. Again disappeared

By June I even asked to buy some items and adjust this money but since then there has been no reply to any email, pm and he doesn't pick his Cell and in office never available as per the person there.

Its very frustrating and disappointing that you deal with a vendor for years and for just 500$ they turn dishonest. I even sent him a message week ten days back to reply else will start a thread but again as usual.

What's the solution can anyone suggest, amount is not big but there is no such thing as free money, if a company is vendor what responsibility forum management holds for their credibility?

I don want to know anyone's good experience as I had plenty with him in the past but would like to discuss just this scenario and solution for this?

Last edited by docaam; 09-26-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Wonder why "LOU" at Amplified Motorsports didn't rectify this situation earlier so that you didn't have to waste "YOUR" time making this thread... Hope your situation gets fixed soon I know it sucks....
Old 09-26-2012, 10:31 AM
docaam

I hope it will help ease the situation. Sent him a pm of the thread
Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 AM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
good luck but I am sorry you are going through this situation I hope it is resolved soon enough
Old 09-26-2012, 12:52 PM
docaam

What forum mods can do for situation like this? As they are vendor here
Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Typically problems between vendors and customers are resolved by communication. As you indicated, the problem is that you've been unable to reach the vendor through normal channels which is unfortunate. The vendor in question is a long time reputable member of this forum and the G community so it is unusual.

In this instance I will try to reach out to Amplified Motorsport on your behalf and urge them to contact you to resolve this. We'll see if that helps resolve it and if not, proceed from there.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 PM
docaam

Totally agree with you, because of good experience in the past I didn't post anything like this for 11 months. But ignoring all types of communication for over 6 months make things very obvious.

There are no if and buts or any conditions here its a straight forward thing so I will see what reply and solution you can take out of it.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry to hear this... Lou updates his FB and Amplified Motorsports FB almost daily.

Why don't you try hitting him up on there... sometimes it takes me a few days to get a response from him when I have a question.

I've dealt with Lou a couple times in the past and never had an issue with him or Amplified.

Amplified Motorsport | Facebook

Lou Roc | Facebook
Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 PM
docaam

Majority of communicatiom was on FB, I noticed few months back when I was sending reminder he blocked me.

I sent last messages on Amplified page last week stating I will open a thread if there is no reply, which he didn't. Even posted on the wall which I guess was removed.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
since OP has tried numerous times to get in touch with Lou over various channels and waited patiently there is nothing else to be done besides open this thread and make people know what kind of vendors are out there.
thanks for the thread, I will not recommend to anyone or purchase anything from such hard to contact vendors.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this Doc. It sucks for us folks two continents away, hopefully your issue will be resolved.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 AM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that sucks op i hope you get this resolved. your best bet would have been to gather all your communication and submit a claim to your credit card co. however since you tursted this vendor you allowed too much time to take place to submit any type of claim. probably your only option would be to file a police report then make a civil case, which from where you are is not worth it. something tells me that this might have been the original plan when no immediate refund was issued.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:42 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I've msgéd Lou and he said he's already on it, please report back Doc when you get your refund.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I also reached out and I was contacted by Lou@Amplified who says he is trying to contact you and has not gotten a response yet. OP, please respond in this thread when you and Lou have made contact. Then work out a resolution between yourselves.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:35 PM
docaam

I got a pm will be replying him tomo and update here. Need time to write the answers will update here again in a day

Quick Reply: Moneyproblem with Lou at Amplified motorsports