TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

ITB12-027 7AT Fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
they better get it upgraded on Monday, I am sick and tired of the 'hunt' if you don't come to a complete stop - stop and go traffic is a headache already, add in a trans that feels like it has cold molasses in it.
Well I was denied. Was told my TCM and ECM were 'current' and there were no codes found in either as well. Last trans flash was over 6 months ago. Tech said he drove another new 12 g37 with 7a/t and it felt the same. Well NO DUH since it doesn't have the update EITHER.

So, how do you guys recommend I proceed? 2011 G37xS 7A/T
Old 07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Originally Posted by TinsleyC
It's been expanded to the 09's as well. Got mine done yesterday. great improvement!
What is your source for this knowledge? I was just told it does not apply to my '11 G37 xS.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
YewWanSum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
should i even bother getting this done by my dealer since i have a cbe and intake
Old 07-03-2012, 01:37 AM
x818ray
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Marc Collins
So you are applying progressively more brakes and the tranny is downshifting (with rev matching) and instead of slowing at an increasing rate (due to combo of brake pedal and engine braking) the car somehow overcomes the force of the brakes and jerks forward?

Are you sure it isn't just an "optical illusion" for the ears that because the engine is speeding up you think the car is too? You realize that the brakes will stop the car even under wide open throttle? I presume there is no throttle application when this jerk happens?

ur cruising @45mph.on 4th gear..red light ahead u begin to stop(brakE pedal)+downshifting semi eggressive simultaneusly 3....2....then 1.... when i downshift from 2nd to 1st im doing about 20mph then nothing happens for two seconds...by then im down to 6-10mph or so since im on the brakE the whole time... then VROOOMM!!! without touching the gas pedal my rpms jump like a ***** to like 4000rpms... car jerks forward like letting go of the clutch x 10....when im almost at a complete stop.... SO BASICALY THE CAR TRIES TO REVMATCH 1ST GEAR TO LIKE 20MPH((((IN MY CASE))) OR WHATEVER SPEED UR GOING @ THE TIME OF DOWNSHIFT TWO SECONDS LATE... BY THEN UR GOING MUCH SLOWER(5MPH) SO RPMS JUMP CAR JERKS I GET SCARED AND THERE U GO.... IT HAPPENS NOT AN ILLUSION.. OH! AND IF UR NOT ON THE BRAKE, CAR WILL INCREASE IN SPEED FOR A SPLIT SEC. MY .2 C OR $1 IF IT MAKES SENSE LOL
Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What is your source for this knowledge? I was just told it does not apply to my '11 G37 xS.
There is a HUGE other thread on this forum... And the dealership. ITB12-027A it says on my receipt. Apparently the "A" extended it to the 09's.

Try calling another dealer but don't mention the first dealer. Be nice :-)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Originally Posted by TinsleyC
There is a HUGE other thread on this forum... And the dealership. ITB12-027A it says on my receipt. Apparently the "A" extended it to the 09's.

Try calling another dealer but don't mention the first dealer. Be nice :-)
I saw that one, isn't this the newer one though?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Well, I called and spoke with the service manager and casually mentioned I had been digging around and tossed this TSB 12-027 at him. He called me back later and told me I did indeed have the most current update for my year, model type. He said if there was a newer update than I have they would be happy to try to solve my lag problems by applying it. Said they simply cannot since the system shows nothing newer.

Well damnit.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
rburt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quoted from post 1246 in the other massive thread...

The reprogram covers all 2010 and 2011 G37 and must be done using Consult 3+, not Consult 3 or it will not list any available software versions.
Maybe the dealer is not using Consult 3+ so it's not showing any available updates for your car?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Originally Posted by rburt
Quoted from post 1246 in the other massive thread...

Maybe the dealer is not using Consult 3+ so it's not showing any available updates for your car?
Called a bit ago to ask. Supposed to call me back.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:37 PM
buckets

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Well I was denied. Was told my TCM and ECM were 'current' and there were no codes found in either as well. Last trans flash was over 6 months ago. Tech said he drove another new 12 g37 with 7a/t and it felt the same. Well NO DUH since it doesn't have the update EITHER.

So, how do you guys recommend I proceed? 2011 G37xS 7A/T
i got the same answer but they also told me my car was low on trans fluid so they added some, still shifts like poo.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 AM
supadice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got this done yesterday at the Englewood dealership in Englewood, NJ. The car drives much better. Its as smooth as can be, I am very satisfied, and the customer service at the dealership was top notch. I made the appointment the same day via the computer and they took care of me on the spot when I arrived. Within 30 mins I was out. I have a 2011 X. I recommend this to everyone who has the lag/hesitation problem.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
LakeBlueG

Quick question for those that have had this latest TSB for the tranny done.... did you already have the 10-075a TSB from 4/15/11 performed on your vehicle and, if so, are you noticing a big improvement? Although the reports posted so far seem to be extremely positive, it's not clear how many of those getting this latest update had either only gotten the very first update performed or had never had any of the prior AT TSBs performed.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:40 PM
ATL-G37s

Anyone have TSB10-075 and TSB12-027 Applied to Same Car?

Originally Posted by LakeBlueG
Quick question for those that have had this latest TSB for the tranny done.... did you already have the 10-075a TSB from 4/15/11 performed on your vehicle and, if so, are you noticing a big improvement? Although the reports posted so far seem to be extremely positive, it's not clear how many of those getting this latest update had either only gotten the very first update performed or had never had any of the prior AT TSBs performed.
I am wondering the same thing - Has anyone had the new TSB applied who had 075 applied?
I have a 2010 G37s I purchased new in August of 2010. After purchase, I noticed the same transmission problems that everyone is describing (and noted in TSB 075 & 027).
On 3/6/2011, I had my local Infiniti dealer perform TSB10-075. This really didn't help at all.
Today I went to the same dealership for new tires (I went with the Bridgestone Potenza RE970as Pole Positions - great tires) and to have TSB12-027 performed. I took a copy of the TSB for reference.
The service adviser sold me that their computer detected the latest programming version on my ECU/TCU and that this TSB did not apply to my car.
I asked the adviser if there were any outstanding TSBs for my car and he said no.
I don't know if I need to try a different dealership or call Infiniti corporate.
TSB12-027 describes EXACTLY what is going on with my car and I want it fixed. This is frustrating.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:16 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I had both updates, and this latest one is a major improvement over the last update. The first update didn't do much at all. It smoothed out the tranny a bit, but didn't really fix the lag. The new update eliminated 90% of the lag and shifts are much faster and smoother.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
ATL-G37s

Questions about having both TSBs done

Originally Posted by sniper27
I had both updates, and this latest one is a major improvement over the last update. The first update didn't do much at all. It smoothed out the tranny a bit, but didn't really fix the lag. The new update eliminated 90% of the lag and shifts are much faster and smoother.
I have a couple of questions:
How much time passed between the two TSBs being applied?
Did they tell you that TSB12-027 did not apply, but you convinced them to update?
How did you get them to do both TSBs?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: ITB12-027 7AT Fix