TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Battery Problem Solved?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no I took it to Infiniti of Monrovia.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM
thejumpoff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having a hard time trying to find a dealership that will replace the valve and my battery without doing anything to my ECU.

BTW Doug, how did you verify that you still had your tune?

Last edited by thejumpoff; 08-18-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:22 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by thejumpoff
I'm having a hard time trying to find a dealership that will replace the valve and my battery without doing anything to my ECU.

I thought with Uprev you get a couple different tunes. Like performance one and then a stock map. Can't you just load a stock map into the car. Or am I completley wrong? HA HA HA, I'm gonna take mine in soon to get this taken care of.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
thejumpoff

Correct, Uprev does provide different maps but the maps are adjustable on the fly. No reloading of different maps is required. My tuner stated that reprogramming of the ECM would erase my tune completely, that's why I'm trying to figure out how Doug verified his tune was still there.

It seems like this ECM reprogram would rewrite over everything instead of just the parameters it's affecting?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 AM
VRG37S

Damn man. Well I know some dealers aren't changing out the ecm's and doing any reprogamming. But don't know if that will solve the problem. Like when I talked to the service guys at montclair infiniti the guy that serviced my car was telling me they are just changing out the valve and upgrading the battery. He said they were having good luck with fixing the battery issue by doing that
Old 08-19-2010, 01:15 PM
thejumpoff

Mind if I get your service guy's name and ask if he can do the same to mine? I don't mind taking mine Montclair as long as they don't reprogram my ECU.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I called Tadashi at Technosquare and asked him about the whole ordeal and he gave me some things to notice before and after the ECU tune was performed. Plus there was a pretty big difference between the stock tune and T-squares tune. And nothing changed from before to after.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:21 AM
VRG37S

Mind if I get your service guy's name and ask if he can do the same to mine? I don't mind taking mine Montclair as long as they don't reprogram my ECU.
Did you ever contact the service guy i told you about? Just wanted to know if they were able to help you out?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:03 AM
thejumpoff

Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22
I called Tadashi at Technosquare and asked him about the whole ordeal and he gave me some things to notice before and after the ECU tune was performed. Plus there was a pretty big difference between the stock tune and T-squares tune. And nothing changed from before to after.
O interesting, none of the dealerships I called could verify if the ECU reprog was just an update or a full overwrite. I kept getting the answer, "I believe it might be a full overwrite but I'm not sure".

Originally Posted by jks toy!
Did you ever contact the service guy i told you about? Just wanted to know if they were able to help you out?
Yea I actually called the day you gave me the contact and he said that they've had some updates to the TSB since you brought your car in which now requires the ECU to be reprogrammed. He said I would still have to get it done otherwise they won't be able to guarantee it will fix the problem.

I should probably explain my situation better. I currently have a TT setup with an Uprev tune and if I go to the dealership to get the TSB done and it erases my flash, there are quite a number of things that I'd have to worry about at that point including having one of the tech's drive my car out to me with a stock tune and having the car knock.

Problem is that I'm having my battery die every few days of not driving it and I'm being forced to use a battery charger now.

I'm also worried that none of the dealerships I called will honor the TSB with the kit on, but a friend said that it's really up to the dealers discretion?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:14 PM
VRG37S

O interesting, none of the dealerships I called could verify if the ECU reprog was just an update or a full overwrite. I kept getting the answer, "I believe it might be a full overwrite but I'm not sure".

Yea I actually called the day you gave me the contact and he said that they've had some updates to the TSB since you brought your car in which now requires the ECU to be reprogrammed. He said I would still have to get it done otherwise they won't be able to guarantee it will fix the problem.

I should probably explain my situation better. I currently have a TT setup with an Uprev tune and if I go to the dealership to get the TSB done and it erases my flash, there are quite a number of things that I'd have to worry about at that point including having one of the tech's drive my car out to me with a stock tune and having the car knock.

Problem is that I'm having my battery die every few days of not driving it and I'm being forced to use a battery charger now.

I'm also worried that none of the dealerships I called will honor the TSB with the kit on, but a friend said that it's really up to the dealers discretion?

Man your getting the run around. Ahhhh that totally sucks. I made an appointment at infiniti of monrovia. They seem to have a good fix for it from what the service guy was telling me on the phone. Basically he was telling me that they are going to inspect my car and see if just the battery and vent control valve needs to be changed or if the car actually needs the new BCM. He was telling me that they have fixed a few cars with only doing the new battery and the vent control valve... So let's see what they come up with. HA HA HA
Old 08-23-2010, 12:24 PM
thejumpoff

I think that also depends on the ECU number you have. I have the number from mine and it's on the list of ECU's affected which may explain why they may not have to reprogram your ECU.

Not sure if the ECU reflash would help me either if it overwrote my tune. Even if I towed my car from the dealership to get the tune put back on, it would get rewritten with the old code and thus the parameters would be the same again wouldn't it?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
VRG37S

Sound right to me man? Hey, how did you find the list of ecu #'s that are affected by the battery thing?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
thejumpoff

I had to get a hold of the ITB10-010b.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 PM
navecm
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've been having this issue with my car, have had dead battery 5-6 times. I had it at the dealership 2 months ago thinking they would fix the issue and it would be covered under warranty. They checked the battery and charging system found nothing wrong and ended up charging me because the previous owner had replaced the battery with a non-infiniti battery.

I called the service department again as I have had to jump the car since and referenced the TSB. They brushed off the TSB, told me they would like to see the car so they can check the charging system. They also said they had never heard of anything else draining the battery like that. What was recommended to me was the next time the battery is dead, call roadside assistance and get it towed to the dealership so they can check it then. Sounded kind of foolish and also a hassle to me.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 PM
VRG37S

Just got my car back from Infiniti of Monrovia. They fixed my battery issue no questions asked. Very happy with there customer service. My battery was indeed bad and had a very low voltage reading. They replaced the battery with a bigger one from the M. More cranking amps and overall power. Replaced vent control valve and reprogrammed the ECU. My car also had an airbag recall. So they fixed that too.

Quick Reply: Battery Problem Solved?