TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Battery Problem Solved?

Old 10-13-2016, 02:51 PM
louith
Registered Member

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts
My battery has been dying alot lately. i have a 2008. Would the TSB cover me free of charge? or since i am definitely out of warranty, do i have to pay?
Old 07-03-2023, 07:59 PM
yellowzebra
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a recent owner and just found this form. Recently I found this issue, question is : Is this job DIY doable? My main concern is doing the ECU reprogramming. I am pretty sure stealership will ask for 500 at least. Is there any place I can do the ECU reprogram? Does it have to be dealership?
Old 07-03-2023, 08:15 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Replacing the vent control valve is a easy DIY. Unfortunately, the ECU can only be programmed by the dealer or a Nissan-specialty shop that has the right tool and access to the Infiniti Tech-Info network to purchase and download the proper ECU files. The dealership should charge one hour at whatever their prevailing rate is (though they will likely want to throw in the "diagnostic fee).
The following users liked this post:
yellowzebra (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 07:57 PM
yellowzebra
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Replacing the vent control valve is a easy DIY. Unfortunately, the ECU can only be programmed by the dealer or a Nissan-specialty shop that has the right tool and access to the Infiniti Tech-Info network to purchase and download the proper ECU files. The dealership should charge one hour at whatever their prevailing rate is (though they will likely want to throw in the "diagnostic fee).
Quick updates: After 7 revision, now the latest parts number is 14935-JF02C. I got the part from dealer today. And plan to revisit them after installation. The price of reprogramming ECU is 180 according to my local dealer (Douglas INFINITI) in New Jersey. And for some reason, couple is different than sedan regarding the valve location. Couple is a little bit hard to work on. I may need to remove the entire canister...
Old 07-10-2023, 10:35 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Thanks for the updated part number This thread has some pointers that might help you remove the valve. In all actuality, you should not have to remove the canister. Granted there is not a lot of free space but once rotated the valve should pop right out. Keep in mind, some folks had issues with the old o-ring swelling/ binding, just be patient yet firm and you will get it removed.

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2024, 03:24 PM
spankgo
Registered Member

Has anyone taken their car to dealership to replace their battery recently? Wondering what the typical cost of dealership to replace 2010 G37 battery would be? My battery keeps draining on cold nights.
Old 01-06-2024, 01:07 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by spankgo
Has anyone taken their car to dealership to replace their battery recently? Wondering what the typical cost of dealership to replace 2010 G37 battery would be? My battery keeps draining on cold nights.
I have only used Infiniti batteries since late 2013 when I bought my car (3 at this point), but each has been replaced for free, so I wouldn't know the actual cost.

You can buy online for a reasonable price, but I do think the service level described below will apply to DIY: https://parts.infinitiusa.com/p/infi...9M1-QC27C.html

For me, the original fell under the 4yr/60K bumper to bumper warranty, and it was replaced in the late 2016 time frame.

More here on that topic here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-for-free.html

The second died during covid in Spring 2020, but had to sit on the tester for hours because they will only replace for free if it dies while testing; otherwise a pro-rating is used. Eventually it died and they replaced for free again, but I didn't understand based on pages 22-23 of the warranty booklet here:
https://www.infinitiusa.com/content/...ty-booklet.pdf

Since free = keep your mouth shut, don't ask for an explanation, I moved on and felt blessed.

Here it is in 2024 and I sense a little hesitation when starting at temps below 50F, so I expect when 90-100 degree days come in the summer (batteries hate massive temp shifts like we experience in SoCal, sometimes +/- 35-40F in the same day) the unit will fail.

I will likely take it into the dealer again (they are hybrid Nissan dealers now), but I expect it will be replaced by the book this time (pages 22-23) as Infiniti/Nissan has changed since the early days when I purchased the car and received incredible service.

Note that I only use OEM batteries in my wife's Honda Pilot, and those have warranties as well, but I only receive the 75% proration on the last one (lightning doesn't strike twice), and that sucker cost around $300 (I was traveling to the and it died, so I didn't have many options).

See if you can find a service coupon in your area like this one: https://www.advantagenissan.com/service-specials/ ($25 off).

Last edited by socketz67; 01-06-2024 at 01:13 PM.