Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Is it too late to say hi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snareman
I'm a physician assistant (if you're familiar with PAs) in the ER.

B.S. in Biology
M.S. in Microbiology, Immunlogy & retrovirology
B.S. and M.S. in physician assistant

I realized that school just doesn't pay all that well so I figured I should stop and start working at some point.
thats a lot of sciences. i was planning on majoring in PA but chose nursing instead. how is it like being a PA? is it like being a physican?
Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Snareman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
thats a lot of sciences. i was planning on majoring in PA but chose nursing instead. how is it like being a PA? is it like being a physican?
Thankfully I didn't know it was going to be that many degrees when I started or it would have been much more daunting. Yea, it can be pretty similar depending on the state you're in. We finally got prescriptive privledges here and I just got my DEA number a few weeks ago. In some places you're pretty independent.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:38 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Snareman, welcome, I guess. ha ha.
+1 for the medical field dudes.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:52 PM
w0ady

just saw this thread, neat trip.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
AndrewDDS

Snareman, let me know when you pick up your G37S!! I put my blue slate Stillen splitter on two weeks ago, and my buddy just called me tonight to tell me he's done installing my Eibach Pro Kit springs. And if you want to tint your windows, Ziebart actually did a great job on mine. It'll be nice to see another G37S around here that isn't driven by a middle-aged soccer mom!!!

PS: Kevin from KP Technologies lives in Beavercreek. He installed some of his modules in his garage for me; you should check his stuff out after you pick up your G.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thankfully I didn't know it was going to be that many degrees when I started or it would have been much more daunting. Yea, it can be pretty similar depending on the state you're in. We finally got prescriptive privledges here and I just got my DEA number a few weeks ago. In some places you're pretty independent.

Hey Snareman....another PA here! w00t!!! PA's FTW!!! I'm also a G37 coupe owner (see my sig for details). I just got done practicing ER medicine, but have moved to Urgent Care (my work hours were rediculous....the pay sure was nice though). Graduated with my M.S. in 2007....decided I needed to treat myself to an Infiniti (even though BMW's kept catching my eye). I'm in LOVE with the interior styling of the Infiniti....BMW interiors look like they're stuck in the 1980's, and I'm dumbfounded at the poor service record of BMW. Absolutely pull the trigger and get your G....you WON'T regret it. Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:26 PM
AndrewDDS

We finally got prescriptive privledges here and I just got my DEA number a few weeks ago.
Say goodbye to your relaxing evenings and weekends now!!

No, just make dam sure that patients never get access to your cell phone number, or else you're gonna have crazy drug seekers calling you at the most inopportune times with the most convoluted stories about why they need "30 tabs of hydrocodone 7.5mg/acetaminophen 325mg." Always remember.... When the patient knows more about the dosage than you do, don't give them narcotics!!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS

No, just make dam sure that patients never get access to your cell phone number, or else you're gonna have crazy drug seekers calling you at the most inopportune times with the most convoluted stories about why they need "30 tabs of hydrocodone 7.5mg/acetaminophen 325mg." Always remember.... When the patient knows more about the dosage than you do, don't give them narcotics!!
I can NOT agree with this more. I freakin hate damn drug seekers. Thankfully, the state of TN (being one of the worst states in the US for prescription med abuse) has developed a state-wide narcotic medication monitoring database/website so healthcare providers can log in and say "well it says here Dr. X gave you 120 10mg Vicodin 2 weeks ago.....what happened to all of those?" It's fvcking awesome to watch them squirm....
Old 01-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Snareman

Well, I work in the ER, so no one gets my number, unless they are cute.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Snareman

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
I can NOT agree with this more. I freakin hate damn drug seekers. Thankfully, the state of TN (being one of the worst states in the US for prescription med abuse) has developed a state-wide narcotic medication monitoring database/website so healthcare providers can log in and say "well it says here Dr. X gave you 120 10mg Vicodin 2 weeks ago.....what happened to all of those?" It's fvcking awesome to watch them squirm....
Ohio has the same system. Its great for calling people on their lies. Oh, you haven't had any pain medicine for the last 6 months? What are all of these Vicodin prescriptions a few weeks ago?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Snareman

Snareman, let me know when you pick up your G37S!! I put my blue slate Stillen splitter on two weeks ago, and my buddy just called me tonight to tell me he's done installing my Eibach Pro Kit springs. And if you want to tint your windows, Ziebart actually did a great job on mine. It'll be nice to see another G37S around here that isn't driven by a middle-aged soccer mom!!!

PS: Kevin from KP Technologies lives in Beavercreek. He installed some of his modules in his garage for me; you should check his stuff out after you pick up your G.
Ok, well don't hate me, but I decided to stay on the dark side. I'm scheduled at The Welt in Munich 11:10am May 7th to pick up another 335. I don't know. The G37 is a great car, but there is just something that made me want to stick with BMW. Just sort of the innate feeling I get with the car and the brand and the history and the driving feel and the new iDrive and the european delivery experience and the pure rush of driving your new BMW 140 on the autobahn!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:12 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey hey hey, I thought we were friends and I asked you that in confidence ok. Hopefully my parole officer isn't on this forum. If you are, then I'm just kidding, hahaha....haha....ha....

Ok, well don't hate me, but I decided to stay on the dark side. I'm scheduled at The Welt in Munich 11:10am May 7th to pick up another 335. I don't know. The G37 is a great car, but there is just something that made me want to stick with BMW. Just sort of the innate feeling I get with the car and the brand and the history and the driving feel and the new iDrive and the european delivery experience and the pure rush of driving your new BMW 140 on the autobahn!
We won't hate you if you take pictures for us
Old 01-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Snareman

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
We won't hate you if you take pictures for us

Indeed I will. A bad habit of mine.