Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

M370 install

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
M370 install

So next weekend I'll be installing my ported M370 manifold and I've never done a manifold before. Done a million intakes, couple exhausts, coilovers, shocks/springs, a clutch/flywheel a time or two so I believe I can do. I'm just wondering what to expect. Any tips from those who have done it? I was going to do it today but it got late and I wanted to do a little research online, but I can't find anything on the install... No diy's or write ups or anything... Also looking at the new vs old mani, I noticed the new mani doesn't have any hose connections where the old one has 2... Interesting

This is the only thing I have to help with the install:

http://motordyneusa.com/wp-content/u...ION-MANUAL.pdf

But if I take the TB's off the way this says... Don't I have to do that ECU reset TB position/air volume stuff? Turn the ignition on and off approx 50 million times, press the gas pedal down 17 times within 5 seconds, turn the car on and then off, do 3 right turns and clap your hands etc... Or whatever.

Couldn't I just leave everything attached to the TB and just undo them from the mani and lay them to the side? Or would that be a bad idea? Anywho thanks for the advice!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:44 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Use the motordyne instructions along with the fsm for the torque order and specs. Work slowly and leave everything plugged in, just disconnect battery. Once you get everything unbolted the manifold just lifts out, but make sure you do not drop anything down into the lower manifold! Cover it with a towel if need be. Reinstall in reverse order. I was pretty nervous about this at first but it's really straight forward bolt on. I even had to fabricate the tconnections since I bought mine used and motordyne forgot to send then with my tubing. Give yourself time and you'll be fine!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:54 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
M370 install

Here's a few pics with manifold off and installed

Edit
I'll try again in a bit it won't upload my pics
Old 08-30-2015, 08:46 PM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
M370 install

I followed those instructions and my install went flawless. Just follow those and u good. The tb reset on my tb thread in the review section.