General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

iPhone 6

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:03 AM
HB4LTHR
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone 6

I have a 2008 G37S without navigation system. I currently have an iPhone 4 and am considering upgrading to the new iPhone 6. In checking the Infiniti website to determine if that particular phone is compatible it is not listed as it has not been tested yet.

Has anyone else bought the iPhone 6 and can you confirm that it is compatible with my G model?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Yes, the iPhone 6 works exactly like it should with the Infiniti handsfree system. Beyone that, if you want to add bluetooth music streaming, with playlist info, and steering wheel & headunit control of the iPhone, you'll need to add a few power adapters and bluetooth module. I did a write-up about it a few months back.

My Bluetooth Setup
Old 12-26-2014, 07:56 PM
HB4LTHR
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jestered
Yes, the iPhone 6 works exactly like it should with the Infiniti handsfree system. Beyone that, if you want to add bluetooth music streaming, with playlist info, and steering wheel & headunit control of the iPhone, you'll need to add a few power adapters and bluetooth module. I did a write-up about it a few months back.

My Bluetooth Setup
Thanks Jestered.

If I were to plug a 30 pin lighting adaptor to the iPhone 6S and plug it into the adapter cord that came with the car, I assume I should be able to play music that I have on the phone in the car?
Old 12-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Originally Posted by HB4LTHR
Thanks Jestered.

If I were to plug a 30 pin lighting adaptor to the iPhone 6S and plug it into the adapter cord that came with the car, I assume I should be able to play music that I have on the phone in the car?
Nope. The power is wired differently on the Infiniti iPod cable and won't power/charge your phone. You'd need to get one of the power adapters I mentioned in the other thread. Either the Schosche or CableJive adapters will work. You then would also need the small dock to lightning adapter made by Apple. The cheap knock-off adapters don't work. Then you would be able to charge the iPhone and see and play music as long as the iPhone is connected. It would look like this:

Infiniti iPod Cable -> Schosche or CableJive Adapter - > Apple Lightning Adapter -> iPhone 6/6S
Old 12-26-2014, 09:03 PM
HB4LTHR
Registered Member

Nope. The power is wired differently on the Infiniti iPod cable and won't power/charge your phone. You'd need to get one of the power adapters I mentioned in the other thread. Either the Schosche or CableJive adapters will work. You then would also need the small dock to lightning adapter made by Apple. The cheap knock-off adapters don't work. Then you would be able to charge the iPhone and see and play music as long as the iPhone is connected. It would look like this:

Infiniti iPod Cable -> Schosche or CableJive Adapter - > Apple Lightning Adapter -> iPhone 6/6S
Thanks, but if I am not interested in charging the phone while plugged into the car, and just want to play music what adaptors do I need?
Old 12-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Originally Posted by HB4LTHR
Thanks, but if I am not interested in charging the phone while plugged into the car, and just want to play music what adaptors do I need?
The Apple dock to lightning adapter should be all you need for that.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:49 AM
HB4LTHR
Registered Member

The Apple dock to lightning adapter should be all you need for that.
Thanks so much Jestered