Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Android Bluetooth Stutter / Skip Samsung Note 5 - 2012 G37x with Nav

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 12:51 PM
delfinparis

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Android Bluetooth Stutter / Skip Samsung Note 5 - 2012 G37x with Nav

I have a 2012 g37x with Nav. I recently bought a Samsung Note 5.

The every few seconds skipping that many have reported over the years via bluetooth with Infiniti cars is back.

I had a Note 3 and a Note 4 and rarely got the stutter. I would just reboot the phone and it would usually play fine the next time.

With the Note 5 calls work perfect. This is only an issue for playing music over Bluetooth.

I've tried a TON of solutions - like factory resetting the phone, clearing bluetooth application cache, etc.

The phone connects to a few other bluetooth devices I own just fine and plays audio flawlessly.

I sent a support ticket into Infiniti to have them test the Note 5 on the 2012 g37x. Will keep fingers crossed that they would care enough to check.

Would love to swap out the iphone connector, but that's not doable, sadly.

If anyone has advice for me, I thank you in advance!

D.J.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by delfinparis
I have a 2012 g37x with Nav. I recently bought a Samsung Note 5.

The every few seconds skipping that many have reported over the years via bluetooth with Infiniti cars is back.

I had a Note 3 and a Note 4 and rarely got the stutter. I would just reboot the phone and it would usually play fine the next time.

With the Note 5 calls work perfect. This is only an issue for playing music over Bluetooth.

I've tried a TON of solutions - like factory resetting the phone, clearing bluetooth application cache, etc.

The phone connects to a few other bluetooth devices I own just fine and plays audio flawlessly.

I sent a support ticket into Infiniti to have them test the Note 5 on the 2012 g37x. Will keep fingers crossed that they would care enough to check.

Would love to swap out the iphone connector, but that's not doable, sadly.

If anyone has advice for me, I thank you in advance!

D.J.
I had this happen once on my S6, deleted the phone ot of the cars memory, paired the phone and it never came back. It was only an issue on one of my music apps as well
Old 09-30-2015, 04:01 PM
delfinparis

Originally Posted by Victory
I had this happen once on my S6, deleted the phone ot of the cars memory, paired the phone and it never came back. It was only an issue on one of my music apps as well
I tried all my music apps and the issue persists. I'm hoping it's a hardware thing and I'll see if they'll swap out my phone. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:00 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
What version of Android OS are you running on your phone?
Old 09-30-2015, 06:06 PM
delfinparis

Originally Posted by GeezerB
What version of Android OS are you running on your phone?
5.1.1 - Lollipop
Old 09-30-2015, 06:33 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
That's current. Where do you keep your phone while streaming? Try it on the seat to avoid any interference.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:50 AM
delfinparis

Originally Posted by GeezerB
That's current. Where do you keep your phone while streaming? Try it on the seat to avoid any interference.
Infiniti was able to replicate the issue. I'm going to post their response in a new thread. I just need to update the car firmware, apparently.

VERY impressed with their customer service at corporate.
The following users liked this post:
mdmill1 (10-01-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 06:06 PM
delfinparis

Update to this issue.

1. Took car to infiniti dealer. No bluetooth updates in TSB. We even went through all firmware updates to see if anything might be useful. Nothing.

2. Got a second Samsung Note 5 - sadly was able to replicate the issue. Still stutters every few seconds exactly as the first Note 5. Tested in about a dozen audio apps.

3. Heard back from Infiniti - they're able to replicate the issue, but don't know if it's an Infiniti issue or a Samsung Note 5 issue. The engineers are looking into it.

My guess is that bluetooth tech has evolved since 2012 and the car's firmware just needs a tweak.

Would be awesome if there was a way to convert the ipod port to an Android port, but I don't think you can do that. Maybe somebody will hack that together.

If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks!