G37 Sedan

Slid my baby into a curb

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 03:00 PM
Mojo_Dp
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Slid my baby into a curb

Today coming back from work a squirrel jumped Infront of my car. I slammed the brakes but the car was just going for the curb (very snowy outside) luckily I hit the back of my tire and not the wheel off the curb. There is a bit more camber than the left rear side now. What do you guys think is definitely bent now.
I only hit the right rear side probably going 20-30 kmh
Old 12-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Maybe control arm take it to a shop check alignment and you'll see what's damaged
The following users liked this post:
Mojo_Dp (12-31-2019)
Old 12-31-2019, 03:42 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Tough to make these decisions last second. Squirrels, rabbits, and other small animals, better to run them over than to possibly end up crashing (in to a tree or pole at worst).

Get your car racked to see what's bent. An insurance claim on this would fall under collision as it involved loss of control of vehicle. If you hit an animal and then lost control, that falls under comp.

Last edited by JSolo; 12-31-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Mojo_Dp
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Tough to make these decisions last second. Squirrels, rabbits, and other small animals, better to run them over then to possibly end up crashing (in to a tree or pole at worst).

Get your car racked to see what's bent. An insurance claim on this would fall under collision as it involved loss of control of vehicle. If you hit an animal and then lost control, that falls under comp.
yea I’m 19 my insurnace just went from 360 a month to 200 I’m definitely not claiming this.
a lot of my friends are saying it’s probably just a control arm because it didn’t look too bad. When I was driving the car home it didn’t make any noise or shake. Im taking it to the infinti dealer once I get back from my trip. And don’t worry the manager gives me really good deals he always slaps a good discount on everything I get done there, 40% or more
Old 12-31-2019, 09:56 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Yaaaa sureeee it was a squirrel LOL We all drive like that in the snow even a decade later at 31 years old hahaha
Get under the car and learn to fix it yourself so you don't have to go through insurance. It could be any of the arms down there, but if you can see how the wheel is bent, it might narrow which part is causing it... Prob gonna have to change the wheel bearing too
Old 01-01-2020, 12:56 AM
Mojo_Dp
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AARONHL
Yaaaa sureeee it was a squirrel LOL We all drive like that in the snow even a decade later at 31 years old hahaha
Get under the car and learn to fix it yourself so you don't have to go through insurance. It could be any of the arms down there, but if you can see how the wheel is bent, it might narrow which part is causing it... Prob gonna have to change the wheel bearing too
it was a squirrel
wheel isn't bent
i have good knowledge on fixing cars but don’t have any hand tools besides a socket set
Hopefully the bearing isn't gone
Old 01-01-2020, 09:42 AM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mojo_Dp
it was a squirrel
wheel isn't bent
i have good knowledge on fixing cars but don’t have any hand tools besides a socket set
Hopefully the bearing isn't gone
To clarify I was referring to the wheel alignment that is bent or off since you said the camber looks different. A socket set might b all you need, if you have the experience why not do it yourself, even if you have to buy an extra tool it might save you some money. Did you jack up the car n check it out yet???
Old 01-11-2020, 12:27 AM
Mojo_Dp
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AARONHL
To clarify I was referring to the wheel alignment that is bent or off since you said the camber looks different. A socket set might b all you need, if you have the experience why not do it yourself, even if you have to buy an extra tool it might save you some money. Did you jack up the car n check it out yet???
I have not checked yet I just came back from a trip to Cuba. My uncle is saying his mechanic will align my whole car for $80 and he'll let me know if anything looks out of whack. Hopefully its nothing major pretty pissed at myself for this.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:02 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mojo_Dp
I have not checked yet I just came back from a trip to Cuba. My uncle is saying his mechanic will align my whole car for $80 and he'll let me know if anything looks out of whack. Hopefully its nothing major pretty pissed at myself for this.
How did you make out?
Old 01-19-2020, 02:07 AM
Mojo_Dp
Registered Member

wheel was slightly toed out and had an extra degree of camber. They said my camber arm had a slight bend in it, but because they were able to put everything back into spec they told me not to worry about replacing it until the other side went bad. Got off pretty lucky