G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 09:25 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
what is a toyota cu?
Originally Posted by ezbme
It is a Mid Sized Car that they make, but it isn't good to say such things in polite society. The full name is a Toyota C
U
Next
tueday.

It would be like an Altima, but built by Toyota with a 2.5L 4 cyl with both port and direct injection.
Originally Posted by qmantran
I still don't know what vehicle you're talking about. I work for Toyota. The only 4 cylinder D4S injection we have is in the camry at this time.

Damn did I just say the forbidden word?
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Hahaha! This whole exchange where ezbme baits qmantran into using such foul language is classic. It reminds of Super Troopers where they bait Farva into saying "shenanigans." But seriously, someone needs to be banned before some young little enthusiast stumbles across this thread and is scarred for life.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Hints on the upcoming MK8 Golf R

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/gen...kswagen-golf-r

Discussing the 400HP concept car from a few years ago:

And what of the Golf R400 concept, which has still yet to make production? “We did research and customers don’t want it. They want around 300 horsepower and a price tag below €50,000. To move up to 400 horsepower you lose 50 per cent of the sales volume and increase the cost of ownership.”

--Jost Capito head of the R division

I'm sure it will have more power, but 400 isn't looking good.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:40 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Tesla may just kill off the I-Pace too. The Model Y reveal will be this Thursday March 14th 8PM Cali time. Production won't likely start until the end of the year though.

Play with your screen brightness to see the license plate.

https://www.tesla.com/modely

Re: Guilia. A friend got one and enjoyed it for 3 days before electrical problems started showing up. He hasn't driven it in 2 months. Ugh. He's in the process of a buyback.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:57 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

And what of the Golf R400 concept, which has still yet to make production? “We did research and customers don’t want it. They want around 300 horsepower and a price tag below €50,000. To move up to 400 horsepower you lose 50 per cent of the sales volume and increase the cost of ownership.”

Yeah, that sucks. I read that today too. However, I also read that the next M3 Competition is supposed to have 503 hp and weigh about 3,500 lbs with AWD!?! But it sounds like it will be a DCT. They also said a RWD CS model is supposed to debut with a manual transmission though so this could be very good. The Golf R and M3 are supposed to debut at Frankfort in Sept.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:02 PM
gord27
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I think I just found my next car in 3-4 years once the lease returns start coming in and it becomes "affordable".

Only downside is lack of manual and cooled seats. I think the AWD and performance wagon features more than makes up for that though.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 PM
markyo0o

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whyyyyy did you have to tease me like this. Not being sold in USA. I should of guessed though lol.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:49 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I got some good news on the Model 3 Front. With the New Model Y being a Model 3 SUV, the prices for Used Model 3s should plummet if it is anything like any other sedan out there. There are some cars out there that are available in Canada or Mexico I would love to get my hands on. Might have to move to Ciudad Juarez, I hear its reel nice.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:47 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Alright, well the wife and I will finally BOTH be working for the first time in almost 6 years (she stayed home when we had kids). I was originally considering the dreaded Civic Si, but now I'm seriously considering the Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek Edition. It's mostly just an appearance package, with a few features thrown in. That being said, I think it looks great, has the towing capacity I desire, plenty of room for my family, and it gets really good MPG for the class.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:30 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
The only dread I have about the Pathfinder or the Infiniti QX60 (basically the same car) is the CVT transmission. There, I said it!
Old 04-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Alright, well the wife and I will finally BOTH be working for the first time in almost 6 years (she stayed home when we had kids). I was originally considering the dreaded Civic Si, but now I'm seriously considering the Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek Edition. It's mostly just an appearance package, with a few features thrown in. That being said, I think it looks great, has the towing capacity I desire, plenty of room for my family, and it gets really good MPG for the class.
So this replaces your G? Seriously?

I mean, that's kind of the point of this thread.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:28 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
So this replaces your G? Seriously?

I mean, that's kind of the point of this thread.
It will replace ONE of my G's, yes .

Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115
The only dread I have about the Pathfinder or the Infiniti QX60 (basically the same car) is the CVT transmission. There, I said it!
They do go bad often, but I'd either lease this or get an extended warranty. Also the CVT is at the very least, by far the cheapest trans that Infiniti has in terms of costs to replace.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:08 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I was looking at this. While I like the idea of the Q50 3.0TT I think these earlier ones have nicer interiors and with the hybrid it has better MPG

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...9062/overview/

I am still quite happy with mine so anything will wait. I doubt I would buy one with so many miles.

Perhaps with the Tesla Screen Installed.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:56 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom

I think you picked the right vehicle for towing, mpg, and passenger room since it is #1 in class in those 3 categories. I think it looks really good in that green color. I think it is funny how Nissan keeps trying to make the Pathfinder more rugged (2018 refresh 1st) after turning it into a crossover. I wonder if they will ever bring back the Xterra. Suvs are hot right now so maybe. Who am I kidding? I want Nissan to bring out a killer Z car. They are really dragging their feet on this one.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:23 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Just saw this article today talking about a new Golf R Plus in the works: https://carbuzz.com/news/volkswagen-...treme-golf-yet

"According to Autocar, Volkswagen is developing a range-topping Golf R Plus model that would be positioned above the next-generation Golf R and rival the Mercedes-AMG A45 and Audi RS3 hot hatchbacks. It will reportedly utilize hardware and technology from the seventh-generation Golf R400 concept shown in 2014 and the Golf TCR race car developed by Volkswagen Motorsport."

Now if they give it better weight distribution than the RS3 and better brakes than the current Golf R, this could be a serious contender. The only thing I don't like is the suggested price.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Just saw this article today talking about a new Golf R Plus in the works: https://carbuzz.com/news/volkswagen-...treme-golf-yet

"According to Autocar, Volkswagen is developing a range-topping Golf R Plus model that would be positioned above the next-generation Golf R and rival the Mercedes-AMG A45 and Audi RS3 hot hatchbacks. It will reportedly utilize hardware and technology from the seventh-generation Golf R400 concept shown in 2014 and the Golf TCR race car developed by Volkswagen Motorsport."

Now if they give it better weight distribution than the RS3 and better brakes than the current Golf R, this could be a serious contender. The only thing I don't like is the suggested price.
That seems to be a rehash of the old R400, and is directly opposite of what the head of the R division said:

I like my R and all, but $54K for a Golf is a LOT of coin......

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?