G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:19 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
now saving for a rear mounted turbo might be a better bet.
interesting. Got any more details about this?
Old 01-23-2019, 08:22 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
interesting. Got any more details about this?
https://rzgmotorsports.com/collectio...ount-turbo-kit
Old 01-24-2019, 12:24 AM
Itsjdmyo
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Began cleaning and detailing the engine bay, starting with the admintuning intakes

Last edited by Itsjdmyo; 01-24-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:14 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
That's a pretty complete set with 1200 CC injectors, Wideband gauge, and the fuel pump all included. What's the HP figures look like for that kit? What turbo and IC is included? Straight bolt on or is there any fabrication required?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RMB5190
That's a pretty complete set with 1200 CC injectors, Wideband gauge, and the fuel pump all included. What's the HP figures look like for that kit? What turbo and IC is included? Straight bolt on or is there any fabrication required?
I think you may have to work out the fine details with them, but they do this per order per vehicle so it can be done on any model. I'm not really sure what's included, but at least one of them has results from their FB page:
We decided to test the limits of the RZG “Rizzy Rear Mount” turbo kit last night on 93 pump gas. @brandon_z34 ‘s 370z put out an impressive 710whp/498wtq! This setup is equipped with our 69/73 turbo option
Old 01-24-2019, 10:39 AM
PiperPerk

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really want a tune also, but I've spent a ton so funds are quickly drying out. I have ark/berk/takida cai. Was originally planning on doing that 400hp kit but now saving for a rear mounted turbo might be a better bet.
Funds are quickly drying out for me too. They quoted me $300 for the Uprev Reflash and an additional $250 for the custom tune and dyno.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:43 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PiperPerk
Funds are quickly drying out for me too. They quoted me $300 for the Uprev Reflash and an additional $250 for the custom tune and dyno.
That's actually a pretty good price if it's a reputable shop. Specialty Z and Admin are pressing into the $750+ range for e-tunes.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:48 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

My local tune shop quoted me $1050 with the uprev license, arc license, dyno inspection, and dyno.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:54 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

That's....what?

As bad as it it, I don't think I've ever heard a quote as bad as what I was told a custom exhaust would cost....

Looking to get a custom cat back, 2.25'' piping, magnaflow resonated X pipe, Magnaflow straight through mufflers. Nothing crazy.

Shop told me they didn't do mandrel bends (automatic DQ unless they were going to weld all the bends...they weren't) but when he told me $2,700 for a crush bent, cat-back with a resonator and mufflers I thought he was joking....Waited 15 seconds for the punch line before just leaving.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
My local tune shop quoted me $1050 with the uprev license, arc license, dyno inspection, and dyno.
Been trolling in this space for a number of years (without actually getting tuned ), and here's my take-away: In big, broad numbers, an on-site dyno tune runs about $900 to $1000 by the time you're done. You can chip away at that a few hundred dollars, depending on location, shop, licensing, buying or borrowing a cable, etc. And you can certainly knock that down even further with a street tune. But at the high end... yeah, it's a grand.

Shop told me they didn't do mandrel bends (automatic DQ unless they were going to weld all the bends...they weren't) but when he told me $2,700 for a crush bent, cat-back with a resonator and mufflers I thought he was joking....Waited 15 seconds for the punch line before just leaving.
At that point... might as well Meisterschaft.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:57 PM
fillup
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Finished off the chrome trim. Need to redo the top part of the front door since I have some wrinkling.

​​​​​​
Old 01-24-2019, 03:18 PM
afrayedknot
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
That's....what?

As bad as it it, I don't think I've ever heard a quote as bad as what I was told a custom exhaust would cost....

Looking to get a custom cat back, 2.25'' piping, magnaflow resonated X pipe, Magnaflow straight through mufflers. Nothing crazy.

​​​​​​​Damn.. $2,700 is outrageous for the setup you mentioned. There's an exhaust shop in Pasadena, Maryland that offers mandrel bending fabrications. They claim to be the only shop in Maryland with a mandrel bender. Mandrel Bending Solutions

I visited them in November and they quoted me ~$400 for 2.5" from the cats paired with magnaflow resonated x-pipe. 304SS and mandrel bends. I did not clarify, but I assum the $400 quote was without removing my stock mid pipe. If you wanted the midsection straight piped, I would imagine it would be an extra hundred or two.. I would check them out if you're still in the market for a custom setup. You can't just show up though, they require you to make an appointment ahead of time.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:26 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

That's....what?

I got quoted $4000 for a full custom TITANIUM Exhaust setup. Even that is expensive tbh. I mentioned previously, WRX guys can get a full Titanium catback for $1800 from Cobb. Insane.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:21 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by afrayedknot
Damn.. $2,700 is outrageous for the setup you mentioned. There's an exhaust shop in Pasadena, Maryland that offers mandrel bending fabrications. They claim to be the only shop in Maryland with a mandrel bender. Mandrel Bending Solutions

I visited them in November and they quoted me ~$400 for 2.5" from the cats paired with magnaflow resonated x-pipe. 304SS and mandrel bends. I did not clarify, but I assum the $400 quote was without removing my stock mid pipe. If you wanted the midsection straight piped, I would imagine it would be an extra hundred or two.. I would check them out if you're still in the market for a custom setup. You can't just show up though, they require you to make an appointment ahead of time.
I was actually going to pull the trigger with them but they do not use 304SS, they use 409SS (unless they changed since Aug. 2017). I was quoted $750-850 for a 2.5'' cat-back with the Magnaflow resonated X and their inhouse 2-chambered mufflers. Only reason I bulked was due to that 409SS they use. Helps keep the price friendly but MD salt and winters made me skip them. Of course I could've painted the system with a rust preventative but didn't consider doing so until after I put my TS Pro1 on.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:28 AM
obsidiansamurai
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
That's....what?

GD, that's a lot. I have a similar setup and spent maybe a little over a grand, and that's with my numerous failures included. Mandrel bends are the way to go, but I can't find any in my area. I went crush bent and have no problems so far. If you have HFC's, it may rasp a bit though. I did spray the exhaust with some black paint/rust preventative to hide the ugliness.

Originally Posted by afrayedknot
Damn.. $2,700 is outrageous for the setup you mentioned. There's an exhaust shop in Pasadena, Maryland that offers mandrel bending fabrications. They claim to be the only shop in Maryland with a mandrel bender. Mandrel Bending Solutions

You ever get your exhaust situation sorted out? I remember you were having problems with it being too boomy.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?