G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Aluminum Pedals today. Going to Install this weekend on my 09 G37

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM
2009G37Bandit

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry CODE! I am sure you got the same ones as me? Did you? Mine are FINE! Perfect! They are 304 aluminum and will never break, they fit on perfect, hell, they are drilled and bolted on top of the previous steel pedal, so they are sturdy and the bolt does not hit at ALL on the gas pedal. In fact, my Bolts were NOT LONG ENOUGH on my Gas Pedal. However, when I drilled my hole, it was just the right size and the screw basically self tapped into the metal pedal. I was going to get a Longer allen screw and then bolt it through the bottom, but, I never got around to it and they are holding perfect. For under $45, I would say it is the best looking mod for the money. Look at a before picture of thestock pedals dirty looking pedals, then look at mine, no comparison. Maybe you got some crappy ones as LOTS of people sell them. but I am totally happy with mine and mine look much better in person than in my pictures.

Oh well. To anyone considering, Do It!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell, if you don't like them, $40 is nothing. The only thing that was a little bit of a pain is installing them, took me 4-5 hours. Sounds easy, but it is tight in there and hard to drill through metal. Glad I did it and if you like my pictures, you will like yours BETTER in person. Everythime I get in my car its the first thing my eye is drawn too. Looks so damn good and I can't believe they were so cheap!

I JUST looked at your link, thats where I got mine, so I guess you just don't like them. before I installed, I just layed them on my pedals, to SEE what it looked like, go do that and see if you like them. Installation was definatly a pain, BUT if you have good tools and drill bits, etc, you'll be fine.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Paneraiguy

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think mine look cheap. They look great in my opinion.

What to expect:

1. Drilling through your stock metal pedals is a PITA but not hard.

2. Go to home depot or lowes to get some longer bolts for the bottom gas pedals screws.

3. Use self taping screws for the top gas pedal so that way they stay in place and do not impede the pedal going all the way to the floor.

4. Be realistic with the dead pedal installation. The factory dead pedal is merely an insert in the carpet and not an anchored block set into the floorboard. With that in mind the dead pedal that comes with the kit is a nice cosmetic upgrade.

If any of these workarounds make a person uncomfortable then save your $40. If not, then its money well spent for a fraction of what it would cost getting factory aluminum pedals.

Last edited by Paneraiguy; 08-07-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:31 AM
2009G37Bandit

I used Velcro all over the bottom of DEAD PEDAL, and screwed it in as well. It ain't going anywhere...........

Just a tip.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:05 AM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
i may have got different screws than you guys. i got long thin bolts, maybe half an inch long, look like M3 (size, not car), with tiny washers and tiny nuts. eh, not dealing with it. gonna send it all back.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 AM
2009G37Bandit

A close up as requested. Yes I also got tiny allen screws and tiny bolts and washers like you, They work Fine! Again, it took me 4-5 hours, mostly becuase of dropping bolts and trying to find them and its a tight space to work in. If I did it again, could do it much faster. Isn't that ALWAYS the case the second time around.

Here she is. They feel great too and the aluminum pedals are thin, but strong, in no way flimsy at all, and of course they sit ON TOP of the METAL pedal base, so they are plenty well supported, the rubber oval sticks through the holes, so if your driving barefoot, you can feel the rubber and it gives a nice grip. I did this strictly for the LOOKS! For me, I got excatly what I was looking for and they couldn't be any better for the $$. I would have paid 3 times what I paid for these.

Name:  G37AluminumPedalsCloseUp.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  179.5 KB
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 AM
2009G37Bandit

I wished I installed my Dead Pedal up 1/2 an inch. It hits my carpet, but it's no biggie. I am a picky SOB, so it bothered me for a bit, but now it's fine.

Again, my Dead Pedal is bolted and additionally heavily velcroed to the floor, so I ain't touching it to fix it because it ain't going nowhere.....................
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM
2009G37Bandit

Oh, Paneraiguy, GREAT Post, your smart like me! LOL

Perfectly explained these pedals, possibly better than even me. (Which I know is hard to believe). I like your point about the DEAD Pedal! Your right on the money, the stock one is a pad stuck on top of the carpet! It's not locked down.

That is one reason I ADDED velcro in addition to the screws. I did NOT pick up the carpet, because to me, it was a PITA and although I am a picky SOB, it was not warranted. I did, as I mentioned 5 times now, velcro the DP (get your minds out of the gutter boys) to the carpet so it is firm. It moves around a bit, but it PLANTED firmly to the floor better than the stock one was.

Good Luck!

Last edited by 2009G37Bandit; 08-06-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:54 PM
InitialDeezNutz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
By any chance, is this available for the G37s Coupe 6 speed manual? I can only find a set for the automatic G37.