Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Aluminum Pedals today. Going to Install this weekend on my 09 G37

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the dead pedal installed. Not too fond of the OEM dead pedal, all plastic and flimsy. In fact, I've seen many pictures of G's a few years old where the OEM dead pedal is all but destroyed.

As for the rest, don't care personally (because 6MT), but they do look real nice. Congrats and good luck on the install.

Funny, but it took me a bit to figure out what the little guy was for: Infiniti's that have an ebrake on the floor, LOL!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:54 PM
DeepRumble

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
subscribed. looks promising
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 PM
U2vertigo1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pedals. I had those on my previous journey coupe. They are easy to install and look fantastic. Had them on for two years before i sold the car and they looked just as good as the day I bought them. I believe I installed the dead pedal by screwing it on directly through the carpet.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 PM
2009G37Bandit

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, got Parking Break on and Brake Pedal. It's 9PM in Texas Sunday Night.I am going back in to finish in a minute.

Its a little bit of a pain in the neck, just cause your drilling through Metal AND the angle isn't always straight to get the drill bit to drill through correctly.

I had to start the car and push the brake with my foot to blindly drill through the top 2 holes on the brake. That was fun! NOT!

Gas is plastic, so I anticipate an easier drilling session on that. I am going to remove carpet to SEE what the heck is under the dead pedal before I screw anything into the floor of the car.

I might also reinforce with some Velcro For $42 Shipped. I can't think of a cooler looking mod. I alsmost didn't order because I didn't want some cheapos in there, but I looked at them several times on-line and said, These definately Look Great! Also, if you hate them, just put the rubber cover back on and it's as good as New.

You take off ALL rubber on Brake and Parking Brake. All the pedals have a rubber backing and the Black Rubber GRIP Oval *****, stick through the holes a centimetr so they should have good grip.

I will post pics soon!

Here is Ebay Link (Guy is cool). He won't bargain, I tried as I am a Cheap B@#$%^&*. Hell, $42 is a bargain shuipping from CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him "Talac1" referred you to him! (My Ebay Handle)

LINK Below:

Sport Foot AT Pedals Plate For INFINITI G25 G35 G37 EX25 EX35 FX35 M25 M35 M37 | eBay

P.S. I think I am ordering Hotchkis Sways next week. I already contacted a few Forum Vendors. Price seems to be in the range of $375-$395 shipped.That seems pretty good and I KNOW they will be great as I had sways on my Vette and they made it really tight.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 AM
2009G37Bandit

12 PM on Sunday Night I finished. Took alot longer than I thought (5 hours with losing screws behind the pedals and looking for the right tools, etc etc.), doesn't it always!

I could have put the Dead Pedal up a quarter inch, because it hits the mats, but maybe you can adjust the mat to move it back toward the seat a bit.

Here is a Picture of the Final Result. I Love it!

*****Note, The FLASH went Off on the Camera, so they look really shiney and bright, However, they are brushed aluminum and look much better and subtle in person. They are NOT The Fast and The Furious looking! LOL

What do you Guys Think?????????????

Last edited by 2009G37Bandit; 06-18-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 AM
2009G37Bandit

I screwed Dead pedal Screws through the Carpet AND also put Velcro on the entire bottom surface of the Dead Pedal (except where the screw holes were).

It looks so much better/meaner/sportier/cooler than stock. IMO

Glad THATS Over!!!!!!!!!!!! My Back and knees are killing me.

Also, I mentioned it above, But SEE THAT TAB(s) for the Drver's Side Floor Mat?

Can you move those (2) Black Floor Mat Tabs Back a 1/2 Inch Closer to the Driver's Seat? Are they adjustable? You can see if I did that, the Dead Pedal woudl clear the Floor Mat perfectly. When I installed everything, I had the Floor Mat OUT of the Car and didn't think about clearance issues until after I put it back in.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:42 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Looks like it turned out nice, definitely adds a sporty look to the cabin.
Are the covers the exact size as the OEMs? They look bigger than the stock pedals but they may look that way since it's a solid bright piece rather than the subtle black pedals. I like the look, just wouldn't want the pedals to be any bigger.
BTW, does the dead pedal feel rock solid or is there some wobble?
Thanks for the pics! If you don't mind could you post a couple closeups, I'd like to see how they look w/ the screws installed.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
2009G37Bandit

Yes the pedals are basically the same size. Almost exact. The Dead Pedal is Larger, BUT, there really isn't a Dead Pedal on the G37. It's just a plastic thing that is just kind of there, but it fits nice and there is a nice plastic ramp under the carpet that it screws into just fine. The carpet is a bit loose and isn't a HARD surface, but it fits just fine overall. As I mentioned, I ALSO Velcroed the entire base of the Dead Pedal AND put in Screws Too!

The Bottom 2 screw on the GAS Pedal weren't Long enough to go through the plastic base of the gas pedal, so I didn't put the 2 bolts on the backs of those 2 screws, BUT, they are still in there really good and they don't move. They almost self tapped themselves into the plastic.

However, since I am picky, I am sure I will look for some longer allen screws, so I can bolt the bottom 2 screws to the Gsas Pedal Base to make everythiing perfect.

There were NO Instructions, so I just did it!

They do not rattle AT ALL! They are screwed into the metal base of the pedals TIGHT, so they really can't rattle. And, they have rubber on the bottom of EACH Pedal, so there is NO Metal to Metal Contact.

I mean for $42 Bucks, you couldn't get any better.

My Back is killing me because it is tight down there trying to get drills in there and your hands behind the pedals, and the screws and bolts are tiny. I drpped one of the screws and had to remove the Gas Pedal Assembly to get it out. Spent an hour trying to find the bolt before I took the damn thing off.

Overall, I hope it doesn't Look Ricey. I think in person it looks sharp. It looks better at night, just because it has a nice back drop when you open the door and look down.

I loked at my Before Pictures and the foot weels look dirty and boring. This definately looks better than stock. I didn't have all the tools I needed. I couldn't find a rachet that I needed so little things liek that made it take longer. Drilling through the metal isn't hard, but it takes patience and you have to be careful and take your time.

OK, going to take some pills for my aching back now.............

Hope this helped guys!

The Bandit................
Old 06-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2009G37Bandit
The Dead Pedal is Larger, BUT, there really isn't a Dead Pedal on the G37. It's just a plastic thing that is just kind of there, but it fits nice and there is a nice plastic ramp under the carpet that it screws into just fine.
Hmm. IDK what the 2009 non-Sport model has for a dead pedal, so I'm not sure how to process that in comparison to my 2011 6MT.

My dead pedal is narrow, and made of chromed-over plastic. I'm interested in replacing it with something less fragile, but am concerned about continuity with the OEM sport pedals.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
TheAmazingNik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it looks great! Once my wallet recovers I'm gonna get these...good job man
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM
2009G37Bandit

Thanks. Now the excitment has worn off. On to the next Mod.............
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2009G37Bandit
Thanks. Now the excitment has worn off. On to the next Mod.............
What? No, get back here and post some decent photography!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
What? No, get back here and post some decent photography!
Yes, closeups please!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
2009G37Bandit

OK I will
Old 07-22-2012, 12:42 AM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
nice. bought me a set as well.

Quick Reply: Got Aluminum Pedals today. Going to Install this weekend on my 09 G37