Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you think your G37 guru answer this

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 PM
shoggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think your G37 guru answer this

In the Nav screen diagnostics there is a delete connection log and error. If you disconnect or add features such as a reverse cam and run this will the radio then recognize the reverse cam from the camera unit? The service manual says as long as it see's a signal on the reverse cam pin then it knows the option is installed. It appears to be more of making the AV unit rescan its inputs to add a camera. Any one been there and done it. Or know of a thread where some one has done this. I don't care for the aftermarket wanna be camera jobs. Making and add/modifying harnesses is the easy part of the job. Only thing holding me back is if the nav radio will do what the service manual says. I couldn't imagine a separate firmware since there is a connection detection pin.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
roots4x

I wonder if the wiring harness for the camera exists though. You'd have to take off the trunkliner and check.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:08 PM
shoggy

Don't care if the harness is there making harnesses is easy.

If no one has the answer to the question above with in the next few months I will try grounding pin 12 on the av connector and run the delete connection log to see if the reverse cam options show up.

According to page 395 in the service manual that pin should be grounded by the camera unit. The graph the manual shows is just typical alternator ripple or noise from a some switching supply else where in the devices.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by roots4x
I wonder if the wiring harness for the camera exists though. You'd have to take off the trunkliner and check.
It does. I believe as long as the camera is plugged in, it'll function how a camera equipped car will. Why not just try it if it's a plug and play test? I'm sure you can get another G with a camera try it?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
shoggy

Don't have any around I know of. When I go into the setting of my nav it doesn't show the reverse cam menu or connection. Not sure if I connect a cam module and cam if it will show up. The radio has the reverse cam detect pin.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
It doesnt seem too difficult to just try and ground that pin and see if it shows up. It might just work. When I was working on my car electronics, I accidentally tapped into a wrong wire. As a result, the entire ipod menu screen was gone. It was as if I did not have that option in the car. Once I fixed the wire, it showed up again. I dont remember if I had to reset the connection log.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:10 PM
shoggy

Originally Posted by Modme
It doesnt seem too difficult to just try and ground that pin and see if it shows up. It might just work. When I was working on my car electronics, I accidentally tapped into a wrong wire. As a result, the entire ipod menu screen was gone. It was as if I did not have that option in the car. Once I fixed the wire, it showed up again. I dont remember if I had to reset the connection log.
thanks for the input you have given me hope again.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 PM
shoggy

Update - my 07 G35x does not have the reverse cam wiring harness. So I will have to make one. I will keep posting as I am on my never ending quest to add a oem reverse cam. A bit odd since the car came with the navi, bose, and 6 disc changer, you would think that would be in the same harness