Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicles cross shopped with the G

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
To be honest I had no intention on getting a Infiniti. Prior to me getting my G I had looked at them but never really saw any interest in them. The car I really wanted was a corvette z06 2008. so I went to my local chevy dealer and was walking around and pretty much stairing at this corvette. I stood there for about a hour before ANYONE came up to me and said anything. When the salesman finally walked up to me and asked what he could do for me I told him I wanted this car (Black corvette z06). He started laughing, and not just a giggle, Im talking about a full on almost of the floor crying laugh. This got under my skin and really upset me. after about a 5 min rant about how he has no idea how bad he just messed up I walked out of the dealer. Later I found out that the insurance for me on a corvette would be to much that I would want to pay, either way I was treated like **** and I needed to do something about that. About 3 days later I decided if I couldnt get a fast sports car I would have to go with luxury. Went to plaza motors which sells bmw, merc, audi, infiniti ect.
I took my first test drive In the G37 and absolutly fell in love. Had a great feel very luxury and found it to be a GREAT looking car in person. the salesman treated me like any other person that was interested in buying a car and it payed off for them. I ended up paying for the car in full with no loan/lease or any other bs.

Now two years later I have a car that is just as or maybe even faster than a z06 and I only pay 27 dollars a month for insurance!. But the point to my story is that after I bought my G, I drove up to the chevy dealership that didnt pay me any mind and told them what a huge mistake they just made and I was the one who walked out laughing. Things happen for a reason and I couldnt be happier with my decision and I love my car so much.
Hey good for you man!! I dont understand why that guy had to be a **** like that, I dont understand how did he expect you to tell him that you want to buy a 70k car? I hope management put it in his *** after you came back with the G.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
stratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in '09 I was looking for a sport sedan - emphasis on the sport - to replace my aging '96 5spd Maxima.

A couple of weeks or researching and I ended up with 2 cars on my list.

6spd G37S
2-3 year CPO 6spd 550

A manual Tx was a must so it took me quite a while to find the right car especially up here in the NE.

Actually, I never found it in the NE. I found my 6spd G37s in DC
Old 01-19-2011, 10:15 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
We looked at the IS250( No power V) out, MB C300-C350, To high in price, Also tho the C300 was running a special but still a 228 HP 3.0. :/. We looked at a Genesis but RWD is out cause of snow and wife did not want to deal with it. So we went back to Infiniti, We had a G35X that we both loved so went to the G37.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by CougarRed
For me, it came down to the G37 or the Genesis 4.6, the 2 value leaders in upscale sedans.
It was the same for me. The G was a little nicer and the Genesis was a little bigger than I wanted. Plus at the time I made my purchase, Infinti was making deals and Hyundai was not. Of course the Genesis had just been released.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM
mossman

My 2008 G35X lease up in a few weeks. Currently looking at other options.

Love the G but I find I really miss the manual transmission and I need AWD. I also find I want to go to a coupe since I don't use rear seats much and want a sportier car. G coupe is way too small.. trunk tiny. I realize I will be going up in price.

So cars I have looked at:

CPO S5 (don't feel I want a V8, V6 next year)
2010 S4 lease (Great engine good feel, 4 doors though).
335i (test driving this weekend).

I will miss the reliability of a Japanese car and the price. At least these dealers are 10 minutes away rather than 3 hours for Infiniti.

Make a M coupe with manual transmission and AWD and I would be very happy!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Chico

My first choice was a GTI, but they have low residuals. Love that 2.0T and DSG combo, it really puts the G37 tranny to shame. My second choice was an A4, way too expensive. My third choice was an Infiniti, but to be honest the reason I didn't shop for the G37 from the beginning was that I thought it was going to be too expensive. I didn't realize they have the highest residual value, making them great for leasing. Plus really awesome incentives and dealers competing to become number one at the end of last year closed the deal for me.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 AM
moonsky

I bought mine not too long ago, and I looked at 328i and A4. I ruled out 328i early because of its lack of space, serious lack of space in the back. Also didn't like the interior styling and high price. It was down to the A4 quattro or G37 journey. I didn't consider the G37x because there is no snow here and gas mileage is low enough without AWD, especially compared with the A4 2.0T. Even though the A4 is the better looking car for both the interior and the exterior, the G won my heart with its power and comfortable seats, both front and back. Audi's sit way too low especially in the back, and I am not that tall at 5'10". More power in G37 helped me make the decision, so did the better steering feel (don't like the extremely light weight steering in the A4). Also the VW/Audi reliability reputation scared me.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:34 AM
MurderdogQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CougarRed
For me, it came down to the G37 or the Genesis 4.6, the 2 value leaders in upscale sedans.
I followed a Gen through traffic one day, holy crap....whoever was driving was crazy. Seems like it handled and accelerated well. I definitely stayed on his ***, and probably overtaken him, but I had a wonky front right tire, got new fire hawk indy 500's now!