G37 Sedan

Vehicles cross shopped with the G

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicles cross shopped with the G

Hey All,

Just curious what most of the members cross shopped before settling on their G as a final purchase.

My bro has an IS250 6mt and i noticed the interior is a little nicer and has a few more features than my 2011 g37, but the engine is weak and pathetic and off putting. Interior on the IS is paltry as well,
Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Bo2point0
Hey All,

Just curious what most of the members cross shopped before settling on their G as a final purchase.

My bro has an IS250 6mt and i noticed the interior is a little nicer and has a few more features than my 2011 g37, but the engine is weak and pathetic and off putting. Interior on the IS is paltry as well,
The usual suspects:

A4
IS 250/350

I actually looked at a STi as well but the dealer wouldn't allow a test drive.

How is the IS interior nicer, has more features, and is paltry?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 AM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
BMW, Audi, Acura and even the Honda...............................
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
The only other car I looked at was a Mitsubishi Evo X, and then decided that it wasn't what I was looking for and I bought my G
Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
CougarRed

For me, it came down to the G37 or the Genesis 4.6, the 2 value leaders in upscale sedans.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
RhiNoKiLL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rks
The usual suspects:

A4
IS 250/350

I actually looked at a STi as well but the dealer wouldn't allow a test drive.

really? lol i was 18 and i asked to test drive one.... i even told them i didnt know how to drive stick and stalled the car twice hahahaha
Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
it was between the Lexus GS350 or the G37. I know, not really in the same class.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Just based on similar performance I shopped the Pontiac G8, IS 350, BMW 335, Cad CTS (not really, lol), Genesis 4.6, Acura TL AWD, MB C350, Audi A4/S4. G was clear winner when price was factored in, especially since Pontiac was kicked to the curb. I think I'll be getting a coupe next time so the current Mustang 5.0 will be added to my shopping list and if the Genesis coupe gets rid of the acres of plastic I might consider it too. If Infiniti improves their paint issues I'll be considering a new G as well. Love the Audi S5, if I can get a CPO S5 for about what a new G coupe goes for that might be the ticket
Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Bo2point0

Originally Posted by rks
The IS has bottle holders on the door with a hinge to open and close them for easier access.

Also has a dedicated LED directed light for the front seats as well as the standard map lights just like in our G's. So it has 2 different sets of map lights.

Tachometer has a ring that lights up when you hit red line

Speedometer has a light ring that can be set to go orange at specified speed and red at another setting, user defined.

Side mirrors have lights that shine down, called puddle lights.

Cup holders are better than our G's, well my 6mt cup holders anyway.

Also my bros IS250 6mt has rear air vents on center console, while my G37 6mt does not.

When I said "paltry" I was referring to the interior space, the IS is tiny, a 2 door civic has more space in the rear than the IS.

My decision to purchase the G over the IS was 6mt with a lot of power and interior space.

If the IS350 came in 6mt I would have had a hard time choosing between the two.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
I wanted a four door sports sedan.

I wanted a car that I can own for a long long time, so German cars are out.

I wanted a car that has a decent luxury interior and technology so Evo are STI are out.

I wanted a car that's not ugly so the TL is out.

At the end it's G37 vs IS350. Never been a fan of Lexus so here I am.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
When I was shopping I had a mixed list that I went down to figure out what exactly I was looking for. I was already familiar with the G37 after a rental in Vegas where I drove to the Grand Canyon (spent 12+hrs in that car). Looked at the Hyundai Genesis 3.8/4.6 Sedan, Nissan Maxima, Honda Accord V6 Sedan (just for the hell of it), and Acura RDX/TSX/TL. I steered clear of BMW due to extreme cost after optioned out, MB wasn't doing anything for me with their low HP V6 and expensive options. Never been a huge Toyota/Lexus fan. Oh yea almost forgot I checked out the Subaru Legacy 3.6R and Volvo XC60.

So my options were pretty narrowed after looking at the G and the value/performance/styling offered. I do have to say the Genesis was pretty impressive for such a large sedan, even the 3.8 had plenty of power and was comfortable. It was just too big for my wife to get used to driving, can't really complain there since she liked the G!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 PM
DmfG37sTT

To be honest I had no intention on getting a Infiniti. Prior to me getting my G I had looked at them but never really saw any interest in them. The car I really wanted was a corvette z06 2008. so I went to my local chevy dealer and was walking around and pretty much stairing at this corvette. I stood there for about a hour before ANYONE came up to me and said anything. When the salesman finally walked up to me and asked what he could do for me I told him I wanted this car (Black corvette z06). He started laughing, and not just a giggle, Im talking about a full on almost of the floor crying laugh. This got under my skin and really upset me. after about a 5 min rant about how he has no idea how bad he just messed up I walked out of the dealer. Later I found out that the insurance for me on a corvette would be to much that I would want to pay, either way I was treated like **** and I needed to do something about that. About 3 days later I decided if I couldnt get a fast sports car I would have to go with luxury. Went to plaza motors which sells bmw, merc, audi, infiniti ect.
I took my first test drive In the G37 and absolutly fell in love. Had a great feel very luxury and found it to be a GREAT looking car in person. the salesman treated me like any other person that was interested in buying a car and it payed off for them. I ended up paying for the car in full with no loan/lease or any other bs.

Now two years later I have a car that is just as or maybe even faster than a z06 and I only pay 27 dollars a month for insurance!. But the point to my story is that after I bought my G, I drove up to the chevy dealership that didnt pay me any mind and told them what a huge mistake they just made and I was the one who walked out laughing. Things happen for a reason and I couldnt be happier with my decision and I love my car so much.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 PM
firstinfiniti

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was shopping for a car for the wifey. The C and 3 series were too expensive for what they offered. The IS 250 was nice (AC seats ftmfw). I just stopped by the Infiniti with no intention of buying it. Ended up trading my 3 as well an got 2 cars because they are an outstanding value.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
colburs

I looked at a lot of cars but my short list was:
GTI (4dr)
A4
TL
TSX
G37

My really short list was:
GTI
G37

I ultimately decided the GTI as awesome a car as it is that it wasn't the right car for me. A great car for a great price though.

I didn't look at the BMW's because they are overpriced and honestly not a circle I like to be associated with.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:15 PM
gooddeal

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
... I only pay 27 dollars a month for insurance!.
Wow, that's cheap.

Quick Reply: Vehicles cross shopped with the G