G37 Sedan

Wow - iPod Scrolling Fix!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:45 AM
areyoojordan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rtg37x
Hello Hello. New G37x sedan owner as of yesterday. On the iPod scrolling issue - I have premium package but no Nav - could that be why the controller wheel does not scroll through letter menu?

I know I can hold down the "down" arrow below the control wheel and it will run through the number of artists faster than scrolling - but I was hoping to find a better solution. Believe me I tried spinning the wheel fast as anything but it would not scroll me through a letter menu.

Help is appreciated!

RT
same here! help please!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:06 AM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you have to have nav to use this cause my non nav won't do this either
Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 PM
rtg37x

I wonder if a software update is possible somehow. It's a pretty big issue especially if you have like 700 artists. Also I love 311... but it takes like a half hour to get down there to the artists that are numbers. It would probably be easier just to use the controls on the iPod itself - but there is no way to do that and no Auxilary input besides the USB for iPod - as far as I know.

If anyone knows something I don't - please share as this is really the only bummer I've found with the car so far!

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 AM
tmartin316

I wonder if a software update is possible somehow. It's a pretty big issue especially if you have like 700 artists. Also I love 311... but it takes like a half hour to get down there to the artists that are numbers. It would probably be easier just to use the controls on the iPod itself - but there is no way to do that and no Auxilary input besides the USB for iPod - as far as I know.

If anyone knows something I don't - please share as this is really the only bummer I've found with the car so far!

Thanks.
I haven't contacted the dealer yet about whether the upgrade is possible for the 2008, but my solution to listen to artists beyond the first like 6 letters of the alphabet is to disconnect the iPod - use its interface to select the song/artist/album I want to hear, press play on the iPod and THEN reconnect it and it will be playing when you connect it. Otherwise, like you say, it will take 30 minutes and give you carpal tunnel to get to the artist you want.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
surfjax87

Thanks.
From another thread somewhere on this site, can't remember which, I set the genre for each song on itunes to be the first letter of the artist, so you only have to go through the 26 letters and 1 for numbers. Its much faster than scrolling through the entire list to get to the bottom. I'm a big fan of Taking Back Sunday, so rather than taking 10 minutes to get to them, it only takes about 10 seconds.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:37 PM
rs0429

I am also experiencing the frustrations with the ipod interface. I have a 2009 G37x w/ NAV. Scrolling (using either the dial/controller or touch screen) through my list of Artists (~160) or Albums (~300) is painfully slow. The display can't keep up - there is a significant delay in scrolling from one page to the next. Sometimes the next page never appears! I equate it to a PC not having enough internal memory, or fast enough processor.

I may try the Genre suggestion (A-Z,#), but even trying to scroll through my current list of Genre (< 30), there is a delay moving from one page to the next. So I don't have much hope being able to scroll through a list of 27 very quickly.

Interesting though that I do not have this problem when scrolling through my list of Songs (~3000); there doesn't appear to be a similar delay, and the system appears to be able to keep up. I don't understand why the difference.

I've read a lot of posts complaining about the long time it takes to scroll through a long list of Artists, etc., but is anyone actually experiencing the screen PAUSES/DELAYS that I describe?

Last edited by rs0429; 08-22-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:21 PM
rtg37x

Originally Posted by surfjax87
From another thread somewhere on this site, can't remember which, I set the genre for each song on itunes to be the first letter of the artist, so you only have to go through the 26 letters and 1 for numbers. Its much faster than scrolling through the entire list to get to the bottom. I'm a big fan of Taking Back Sunday, so rather than taking 10 minutes to get to them, it only takes about 10 seconds.
Thanks for this. Its a damn good fix!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:50 AM
surfjax87

^^^
No problem. I wish I could find the original thread where I found this to give them the props, but anyways, this is the best work around IMO.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:16 PM
*ICE*
Registered Member

Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts
bumping an old thread. I hate the painfully slow scrolling on my 08 non-nav with iPod integration. Anyone knows if the newer iPod model or iPod Touch/old iPhone will fix this issue? Or is it the Infiniti unit's issue itself?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:55 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by *ICE*
bumping an old thread. I hate the painfully slow scrolling on my 08 non-nav with iPod integration. Anyone knows if the newer iPod model or iPod Touch/old iPhone will fix this issue? Or is it the Infiniti unit's issue itself?
The only solution I had found this since i have 600 songs in my playlist is to pick the song on the ipod and plug it back in.