Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow - iPod Scrolling Fix!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 AM
DigMy35x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow - iPod Scrolling Fix!!

So this is probably not news for you 2010 owners (not sure about 2009) but I'm coming from an 08 and, while the iPod interface was great, I never really liked the fact that you had to go through a hugely tedious process to scroll through long lists (i.e. artists).

So I was messing with my new 2010 and lo and behold it looks like Infiniti fixed that issue! I was just trying to scroll through the artist list to get to the lower letters and started using the interface wheel ('Infiniti Controller') on the dash instead of the buttons on the screen.

I started spinning it faster and all of a sudden the screen went blank and instead of the list of artists, that screen was replaced with letters of the alphabet that I could get to quickly by turning the dial to access the specific letter. It was cool since I wasn't expecting it!!

I even RTFM and didn't see anything listed about that. I know that lots of folks would complain about the difficulty scrolling through these long lists. I was pretty jazzed about that.

Sorry if you all know about this little feature but I found it very cool. Plus - since I couldn't find it in the manual maybe others don't know about it.

Cheers!

Jay
Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Holding the toggle on the steering wheel up or down also does this.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i realized this the other night, i got so excited! it was such a pain in the *** before.

I also noticed theres no warning screen everytime you start the nav!

now if only they got rid of the button lock
Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 AM
DigMy35x

Good - at least it's not just me!!

I'll try the steering wheel toggle next.

I know it's just a little thing but compared to my 08 G and my wife's Lexus this is like the best thing since sliced bread!!

Jay
Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM
StopTheExcuses

I assume this works for only the 2010 models?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:16 PM
tmartin316

I wish they would let us update the software on 2008 models to get this fixed
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tmartin316
you can update the software but it has to be done at the dealer and it's crazy expensive
Old 06-29-2010, 01:19 PM
tmartin316

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
you can update the software but it has to be done at the dealer and it's crazy expensive
Oh yea? Is this done as part of updating the nav or is it separate? I think this should be seen as a manufacturing defect and should be free Clearly nobody ever tried to use it during testing before it went on sale.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Oh yea? Is this done as part of updating the nav or is it separate? I think this should be seen as a manufacturing defect and should be free Clearly nobody ever tried to use it during testing before it went on sale.
same process but obviously different stuff being updated...but I don't think it is included in the cost of updating the nav maps (but call the dealership, maybe it is!)
Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
carz

Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
I assume this works for only the 2010 models?
yes, only

the newer systems have an upgraded screen as well....so its more than just a matter of popping in new software

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
you cant update the software, you can only update the map information....roads/POI/etc

probably not a defect, just not a function they were able to implement.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by carz
you cant update the software, you can only update the map information....roads/POI/etc
are you positive? I thought the dealer said you could update the software as well as the map info
Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
EKinNYC

now if we could only seek thru songs on the ipod... i dont get it why they put in next/previous song, but nothing to ff or rew thru a song
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 PM
exit9

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EKinNYC
now if we could only seek thru songs on the ipod... i dont get it why they put in next/previous song, but nothing to ff or rew thru a song

On the 10s you can seek thru a song by holding down the seek buttons for 1.5 secs from the console. Holding down the "seek up" button rewinds and "seek down" fast forwards (yeah it's backwards).

Disclaimer: The manual states you can perform rewind/fast forward thru a song from the steering wheel buttons but that doesn't work.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
EKinNYC

ah, thanks. i knew there had to be a way to do it. i think ive tried seek, but didnt hold them down long enough
Old 08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
rtg37x

Hello Hello. New G37x sedan owner as of yesterday. On the iPod scrolling issue - I have premium package but no Nav - could that be why the controller wheel does not scroll through letter menu?

I know I can hold down the "down" arrow below the control wheel and it will run through the number of artists faster than scrolling - but I was hoping to find a better solution. Believe me I tried spinning the wheel fast as anything but it would not scroll me through a letter menu.

Help is appreciated!

RT

Quick Reply: Wow - iPod Scrolling Fix!!