G37 Sedan

Used G37S

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:51 PM
sammie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used G37S

Hi folks...long-time lurker. Thanks for all the good information! I am now in position to buy and have found a 2009 G37S sedan with 17k miles nearby. Per dealer, car was bought @ Nissan/Infiniti auction in DEC 09 and was driven by Nissan exec or other Nissan/Infiniti staff in MI. Original sell date or whatever was NOV 08. Carfax confirms all this. Car has premium package and nothing else. Color is blue with grey interior, which surprisingly looks really good together. Aside from some small rock chips on front grill and one small one on hood, cars looks very clean. Interior also. They want $27.9k. Questions: what should I offer? 26k? What's fair? Also, ride seemed really rough, which dealer attributed to the Potenzas. Will good set of all-season tires make ride less harsh? I live in MN...lots of pot holes. Also, salesman will not let me take car by myself to have an extended drive and show wife citing dealer insurance limitations. Dealerships have always let me do this. Aside from ride and snug seats, and lame dealer policy, I really liked the car. So, other stuff I should worry about or keep in mind? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:08 AM
1fastbob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sammie
Hi folks...long-time lurker. Thanks for all the good information! I am now in position to buy and have found a 2009 G37S sedan with 17k miles nearby. Per dealer, car was bought @ Nissan/Infiniti auction in DEC 09 and was driven by Nissan exec or other Nissan/Infiniti staff in MI. Original sell date or whatever was NOV 08. Carfax confirms all this. Car has premium package and nothing else. Color is blue with grey interior, which surprisingly looks really good together. Aside from some small rock chips on front grill and one small one on hood, cars looks very clean. Interior also. They want $27.9k. Questions: what should I offer? 26k? What's fair? Also, ride seemed really rough, which dealer attributed to the Potenzas. Will good set of all-season tires make ride less harsh? I live in MN...lots of pot holes. Also, salesman will not let me take car by myself to have an extended drive and show wife citing dealer insurance limitations. Dealerships have always let me do this. Aside from ride and snug seats, and lame dealer policy, I really liked the car. So, other stuff I should worry about or keep in mind? Thanks!
Your auto insurance should cover you in case of accident during a test drive. Some upscale dealers do this and won't let people take expensive cars on test drives without salesman present. I doubt the tires are the cause of the rough ride unless they are way over inflated. Seems to me an offer somewhere 25.5 and 26.5 would be fair. I have a 2009 G37X and so far it has been great! Good luck to you.

Bob
Old 04-25-2010, 09:37 AM
colburs

I bought my '09 G37S new in early Dec. I paid $30,800. It doesn;t not have premium. I would have expected to pay around $32,000-$32,500 if it had premium. To me $27,900 is a little high. Offer them $26K and come up to $27,000 top.

As far as the ride, they are rough but it's not the tires. The shock damping is pretty high and the spring rates are pretty high. The tires are 50-series in front and 45-series in the back...hard to believe the tires could be causing it. They aren't that low profile. The bigger issue you will have with tires if you want to change them out is that there are very few options for this size. The stock Potenza's and a set of Yoko's are all that I think is available.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:54 AM
MDG37S

I would take the invoice price of the car less 20-25% for a one year old car. I say invoice because people who bought early 2009 models probably paid over invoice and those who bought them later probably paid under. So it's an average. So if that car has just premium package, the invoice is probably around $35k, so I would try for low $27k. You can always start lower, but dealers lately don't seem to be moving much on used car prices. There is somewhat of a shortage of good used cars out there since people are holding on to their cars longer in this economy. The 6MT sedan is not easy to find, especially a 2009 model. The alternative is to pay $35-38k for new. If you get the car, please let us know what you paid!

Last edited by MDG37S; 04-25-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:22 PM
sammie

Thanks folks. Looked at the car again today and I have one other question: Does the 2009 g37s have a TPMS? Nissan dealer had no idea. If there is a TPMS, how do you access it within the menu systems?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 PM
sammie

Answered my own question....yes, 09' sedan does have a TPMS....just an alert, not a readout. Thanks to owner's manual's sticky link.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:31 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're in the US, all cars built after 2007 are required to have TPMS.