G37 Sedan

Squeaks and Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 07:21 PM
globen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaks and Rattles

Hi Everybody,
Just bought my new 2009 g37x last week, love the car......except the squeak coming from the gauge cluster where you can dim the instrument panel, second a rattle sound coming from the rear deck lid just to the left of the subwoofer. I would just take my car in to the dealership but its some 2 hours away, and if its an easy fix ill do it myself. And yes I searched every thread but found no solutionalso I know I can turn the volume up to drown out the sound...haha.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM
The Truth Hurts

Sorry man. You'll have to live with those. The dealer will simply make things worse if they take down the dash and put it back together. It will probably get better as the temperatures get warmer.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:37 PM
mindonmatter

I had the rear deck rattle too and the dealer fixed it. They removed the rear deck and insulated around the third brake light. They also fixed a creak in my dash. They had it done in a day and didn't cause any additional problems or damage.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:12 PM
hawkeye98

To the OP, I feel your pain....I live 3 hrs from the dealer and had to take my car in for windshield/dashboard rattling....the key is to go first thing in the morning and stay at the dealership while they're working on it so that you can ride w/ the technician to verify that they hear the noise before they start working on the car, and after to make sure they resolved it before you leave. It's a pain, but probably the best thing to do given the 4+ hour roundtrip for you. Good luck!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My biggest pet peeve with the G, interior quality. My car makes all kind of crack noises from the washi trim and the controller. Although I have silence most of the crack sounds from the center dash area.

But the controller is a different story. When I first turn on my car I grab the control wheel and gently move it up & down and side to side. It will make a couple of cracks sound as i do this. But this settles the control wheel for the ride. Over-all my car is pretty quiet now.

But the ones you can't do anything about are the crack noises you sometimes get when you press some of your HVAC or switches around the controller.

I sometimes think that the G's with wood interiors are quieter than the G with the washi.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:13 PM
djsk

I had the same problem as yours from the gauge. It made a rattle/creak. Brought it into the dealer and they added more insulation in it and the sound went away. They had to take the whole front dash apart. They did a good job since i dont have any other rattles that showed up (knock on wood). It took them the half day. I would bring it in and ask for a rental and go watch a movie or two or go shopping.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 PM
globen

Looks like i'll be going to the dealership soon....let you all know if these issues are taken care of.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:02 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I had a rattle coming from my passenger seat that I noticed the day after I got the car. I was pretty ticked off... I played around with it a little bit, and discovered that it was the seatbelt latch between the seat and the center console. All I had to do was move it like an inch. Boy did I breathe a sigh of relief. lol
Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 PM
globen

dealership experience

So i finally went to the dealership this last week, and they found that the rattle was coming from the back drivers side seat belt. So they had to order the part for the seat belt mechanism. A week later no part, and they called me and told me the part is on national backorder!! Is that normal??? So now I have to go pick up my car some 2 hours away and bring it back in 4 to 5 weeks from now when they finally get the part. Any one else experience this, or something like this. kinda crazy!!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Marc Collins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by efuseakay
I had a rattle coming from my passenger seat that I noticed the day after I got the car. I was pretty ticked off... I played around with it a little bit, and discovered that it was the seatbelt latch between the seat and the center console. All I had to do was move it like an inch. Boy did I breathe a sigh of relief. lol
Me too, except mine is the headrest. Any ideas how to stop it (the metal rods connecting it to the seat) from buzzing/vibrating over every bump in the road?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:34 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
It's crapshoot. I had a dealer destroy my G8 fixing trim issues. My infiniti dealer did a good job on some rattles, and introduced another.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:11 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Marc Collins
Me too, except mine is the headrest. Any ideas how to stop it (the metal rods connecting it to the seat) from buzzing/vibrating over every bump in the road?
I dunno... take out the headrest and put it back in? Adjust the height? Play around with it.