G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, why did YOU choose the Sedan over the Coupe, or Vice Versa?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
paulg35s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
Clean and tasteful. Let me guess, 75 shot or so?

Now, CLEAN THAT FORNT BUMPER!!
Yessir. I'll bump it up a notch once I figure out what to retard the engine timing with.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:11 PM
zmzmzm

Chose the 6mt sedan... easy reason, kids 11 and 13. If I can't fit them in the car, it will get driven a lot less (and more time in my wife's Nissan Rogue).
Old 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I went with the Coupe because I have a ***** and no kids.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
w0ady

coupe because im young and single. i dont need a "daddy" car anytime soon.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be another coupe versus sedan dispute, but the posts are quite interesting so I don’t believe that turned out to be the case.

My story starts in 2003 with my wanting to upgrade from my 2000 Maxima to an Infiniti. The G35 sedan was my first choice. I wanted to act my age, so to speak. But my two teenage kids pleaded with me to get the new coupe (so they could drive it from time to time of course) with all the arguments typical of young drivers.

Having owned many sporty cars in the past (e.g., a Porsche 914 and a Datsun 280ZX) I was near convinced. They kicker was when I noticed my next door neighbor, who is older than I am, pulling away every day in his sporty '01 Mercury Cougar. Well, if he’s not too old to drive a car like that then I’m not either.

I leased my G35 coupe for four years and loved it. I was even able to put two people in the back seat with minimal trouble. When I turned in the G35 I now knew I loved that kind of car so there was no question that I would get another G coupe.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:59 PM
gthal

Coupe for me AND I'm married with 2 kids!! My wife has a practical SUV and I wanted something that not only drove really sporty (both sedan and coupe do this) but LOOKED great and sporty too!! Sedans are so common here and, IMO, I like the looks of the BMW sedans over the G37 sedan. If I went sedan, it would not be the G. Now the coupe is a whole other story... unique, gorgeous, way sportier, turns a lot of heads. When I drive the sedan loaner from the dealership, I have yet to get even 1 look. I get looks in the coupe EVERY time I drive it because it is one of the best looking cars on the road IMO. I don't race but everyone tries to play with me in the coupe... no one even notices the loaner sedans at all in my experience.

One of the main reasons I left the BMW 3 series was to get into the beautiful coupe... thanks Infiniti!! Now I need to go hug my car
Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 AM
KLB

I personally prefer the look of the sedan over the coupe. I never even considered buying the coupe. I wanted four doors, usable back seat and trunk.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:49 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I previously owned a G35 Sedan because the car before that was an RSX. After nearly 3 years of having the 35 and realizing that only 1 person had sat in the rear I came to the conclusion that it was time to get the coupe. It just so happened that the '08 was arriving. The rest is history.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 AM
G_iantkiller

I have been taken by the coupe's styling since it came out in 2003. Finally, after some time in my previous TL-S, I decided to pull the trigger on the Gc. Since the performance between the sedan & coupe is very close, it was the coupe's styling that lured me in!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:25 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gthal
turns a lot of heads. When I drive the sedan loaner from the dealership, I have yet to get even 1 look. I get looks in the coupe EVERY time I drive it because it is one of the best looking cars on the road IMO. I don't race but everyone tries to play with me in the coupe... no one even notices the loaner sedans at all in my experience.
You made some great points as to why I prefer the Sedan. I don't want to attract any attention from boy racers or the cops. I do more speeding now that I've ever done in any of my past cars in the G sedan. Cops rarely will even bother to give me a second look. When I want to attract attention I use a "Supercar" like my Zonda.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:05 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I went with the Coupe because I have a ***** and no kids.
Ha ha ha ha!! +1

I never really considered getting a sedan.

I'd rather get a SUV or a crossover for a family car. *knocks on wood
Old 07-19-2009, 04:06 PM
dbg37

I like the looks of both cars, but admittedly I think the coupe is more attractive. Sedan beats it for me because looks are not everything.
Practicality of the sedan wins over looks. It has a comfortable back seat, decent trunk (which gets used every week), costs less to buy & insure and gets marginally better fuel mileage.
The biggie here is that it is easier to get in and out of. Large coupe doors must be swung wide in order to get in the car with ease, and seldom with narrow parking spaces can that be done. Then it is harder to reach the door to close it after getting in. It certainly cannot be done in my narrow garage. In fact my wife & I switched sides of the garage so it would be easier to get into her Altima coupe.
We didn't need 2 two doors, so getting the G coupe didn't seem wise based only on the looks of the car.
I can also do without the wings and such that only add weight without offering any functionality other than to supposedly make the car look nicer. Really in many cases they just make it harder to get clean.

I don't worry about wearing designer label clothes either.
If they look great and function better then I might even pay the difference for them, but sacrificing function just for looks isn't me.

Of course I am older and married, so trying to impress others or ladies with the car I drive is quickly fading. It's more important to impress myself with how it works. Just like wearing less than stylish walking shoes, sometimes you get more satisfaction when your feet don't pay the price for looking in style.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:02 PM
StopTheExcuses

Wow, lots of good responses, very few bashing posts! This turned out better than I thought. Thanks everybody for your input, and oh yeah, I'm still loving my 6mt Sedan even more everyday!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:09 PM
G4me

The wife wanted a coupe. So.... we traded in our '04 G35 sedan. What was I supposed to do???
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 AM
JIM56

At 6'2", the sedan is easy to enter and exit and provides the head room I needed -- I think the coupe has a lower roofline and less headroom.

Plus, I got two extra doors for free !

As I like driving the car so much, I end up driving more than 2 adults on numerous occasions, so the doors did come in handy.

The coupe styling is more balanced, aggressive, and cool; but the sedan has the look of a 'classic' european sports car -- so it's aggressive vs. classy styling tradeoff in my opinion.

Quick Reply: So, why did YOU choose the Sedan over the Coupe, or Vice Versa?