G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, why did YOU choose the Sedan over the Coupe, or Vice Versa?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:56 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, why did YOU choose the Sedan over the Coupe, or Vice Versa?

It seems as if a new thread every few days pops up about which one should somebody buy, the Sedan or the Coupe? I figured it would help out if we have a thread on WHY you purchased the Sedan/Coupe instead of the latter.

I purchased the Sedan over the coupe for many reasons. Some of them not the obvious. I don't have kids, nor do I see any "popping" up anytime soon. (GF on Birth Control=Win). I don't need the extra space really as I have a Jeep Cherokee when I need to lug stuff around.

I purchased the Sedan over the coupe for quite a few reasons. First off, it's cheaper, plain and simple. Secondly, it's slightly lighter, thus being a tenth or so faster in the quarter mile. Third, not only is it cheaper than the coupe, it's much cheaper to insure as well. Next, In the 6mt version, the Sedan is a RARE car, and I like that. It makes it more of a sleeper and I've been enjoying playing that role since I had my 1991 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed which at the time, was the 3rd fastest Sedan in production on the planet. Last but not least, I have a 400whp coupe so I didn't feel the urge to get yet another 2 door car. Just seemed redundant to me since I have one I can drive whenever I want, and it absolutely murders my G as far as acceleration is concerned.

So, that's pretty much why I chose the Sedan over the Coupe. What about YOU?

Oh, I almost forgot. The Sedan doesn't look eerily similar to the Altima like the coupe does!! Sorry coupe owners, I just had to!

Last edited by StopTheExcuses; 06-30-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Retromoe

Purchased the coupe since i didn't like carrying a ****load of friends and cause un-wanted attention, I liked it better than the sedan (looks wise), and I'm young, so its a must i get a coupe lol.

But i rather the 09 Maxima over the G37 Sedan if i had to get a sedan someday.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO the coupe is much sportier. I've always liked coupes and don't ever see myself purchasing a sedan, except maybe for a second family car. The only sedan I like right now is the 08 TL's, but I think they are more of a chick car....
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Roseyhebert

Wishing I bought the Sedan...
Got the coupe because I thought it was pretty and unique. Now I hate getting in and out of it, the doors are heavy and not enough room. Still debating on trading in the coupe for the sedan.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought the Sedan because:

* I had a coupe (Scion tc) and got tired of moving front seats back and forth
* I can take my colleagues out for lunch (we take turns)
* It's cheaper, and cheaper to insure
* To me, the new coupe doesn't look as sporty as the old one. I love the old one but hate its interior

Now if I could have the old coupe with the new interior, that would be a different story
Old 06-30-2009, 05:42 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got the Sedan even though I prefer the Coupe styling:

- 2 Kids with car seats
- Lower price
- Convenience factor

Now if only they offered better looking rims on the Sedan, it would have been perfect.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I chose coupe over sedan because I find the coupe infinitely sexier to look at from every possible angle. The sedan looks very bland to me. I don't have any intention of having back seat passengers except rarely and for very short periods - I don't care about their comfort; they should have driven their own car if they wanted to be comfortable. The additional cost and higher insurance premium were not enough to sway me into buying a "grocery getter". My perception of the coupe is a sportier car than the sedan that screams out "soccer mom" to me, although there are sedans that are much more capable performance wise than my coupe, it doesn't look that way. My thought was that there would be many more performance and appearance mods for the coupe vs. the sedan.

The coupe is a definite head turner. The sedan doesn't get a second glance from me.

Last edited by Black Betty; 06-30-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: I am an idiot and got my models mixed up.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

I bought the coupe for several reasons-

It looks a lot sportier than the sedan
I don't like driving everyone and their sister around all the time
A lot easier to get in and out of (Have a bad knee from a soccer injury)
I have NEVER owned a sedan and don't plan to
Coupes are more unique and there are a lot less on the road

Lame reasons, I know, but thats why I bought the coupe.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I chose sedan over coupe because I find the coupe infinitely sexier to look at from every possible angle. The coupe looks very bland to me. I don't have any intention of having back seat passengers except rarely and for very short periods - I don't care about their comfort; they should have driven their own car if they wanted to be comfortable. The additional cost and higher insurance premium were not enough to sway me into buying a "grocery getter". My perception of the coupe is a sportier car than the sedan that screams out "soccer mom" to me, although there are sedans that are much more capable performance wise than my coupe, it doesn't look that way. My thought was that there would be many more performance and appearance mods for the coupe vs. the sedan.

The coupe is a definite head turner. The sedan doesn't get a second glance from me.

Uhhhhh... what? You contridicted yourself about 30 times, lol.. Were you kidding?
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
g37mobbin

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I chose sedan over coupe because I find the coupe infinitely sexier to look at from every possible angle. The coupe looks very bland to me. I don't have any intention of having back seat passengers except rarely and for very short periods - I don't care about their comfort; they should have driven their own car if they wanted to be comfortable. The additional cost and higher insurance premium were not enough to sway me into buying a "grocery getter". My perception of the coupe is a sportier car than the sedan that screams out "soccer mom" to me, although there are sedans that are much more capable performance wise than my coupe, it doesn't look that way. My thought was that there would be many more performance and appearance mods for the coupe vs. the sedan.

mine will
Old 06-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There was no choice because sedan was never even an option.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by jarborn1
Uhhhhh... what? You contridicted yourself about 30 times, lol.. Were you kidding?
D'oh! I meant coupe over sedan. Nice catch.

Editing to make it coherent. Semi...
Old 06-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by g37mobbin
mine will
No photos in your garage?

Terry's sedan obviously gets major props, no so much on it's looks but because it is a FI beast. Who else has one that's a head turner?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 PM
g37mobbin

lol...cause i dont post on here much....def. transformation within the last week...esp. since i am one of your customers ....dont worry i will post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 PM
stardust
Premier Member

I got the sedan over the coupe because
1) lighter = faster
2) it doesnt have the "toolbox" image of the coupe
3) most important, it looks 100x better then the bloated coupe

Quick Reply: So, why did YOU choose the Sedan over the Coupe, or Vice Versa?