G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, why did YOU choose the Sedan over the Coupe, or Vice Versa?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Coupe is wAy sexier sorry and never cared for sedan honestly. If I were going to get a sedan it wouldn't even b a g sedan as much as I love my coupe there is no substitute as if right Now
Old 07-01-2009, 11:23 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
335 sedan is sexy! G sedan too
Old 07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Not even !! Maybe IS F but I love coupes and sports cRs to much to have a family wagon even if it had m5 power ! G coupe is wrapped with luxury and the looks of of a badd *** sports car just look at the g dropped on vossens!!! Lol can't make sedan pull that
Old 07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
lenernet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everyone has their own reasons whether personal or financial but I got the sedan because of a child on the way! But the coupe is a sexy one.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I prefer the sleeper look of the sedan better. But I'll say this again.

I never sat in the back seat of a new coupe until the day I picked up my 09 sedan. I have little patience. The electronics seat in the coupe sliding forward and backwards to give access to the back seat passengers would drive me insane. I have kids and friends that ride in the back seat of my sedan.

I can see my self getting into argument with a friend or love one riding in my back seat, cursing them out and asking them to get the h*ll out of my car. Problem is by the time I pull over, wait for the seat to slide forward, I would of forgotten what we were arguing about.

The spontaneity of the moment would be lost forever.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Mike P

I bought both.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:20 PM
kyle35

coupe any day, it looks way better. forget about backseat passengers, then my car would scratch on every speed bump

Originally Posted by Mike P
I bought both.
how come? you could have had two entirely different awesome cars
Old 07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
supracrazy

Bought a Sedan over a coupe because....

*They look better
* You can only get a 6mt in "S" and I think the "S" front bumper is too bubbly
* Sedans are more practical
* A couple grand less
* Insurance is less
* Sedans weigh less then coupes
* Sedans are faster then coupes
* Sedans get less attention then coupes
Old 07-13-2009, 10:59 PM
rodsterinfl

Great thread.

I actually was on my way to the dealer to take delivery on a white G37 journey coupe auto/premium/nav ($39K) and kept thinking about the extra space (back and trunk) of the sedan that I had only briefly looked at. I ended up leaving with a white G37 journey sedan auto/premium ($33,400) and about $6K more in the bank since I did not get nav.
Now considering all things 60 days later, I am happy with my decision. The coupe back seat was nearly useless and the trunk was tiny. The sedan has a decent trunk that I use constantly coming from an SUV.

Both renditions are great cars. The coupe does have a low sleek look to it that I like but the sedan is also nice. What kinda makes me not so happy is the perception that the sedan is not a performer when in fact it is every bit as fast and actually has some better specs - weight and turning radius being two offhand. The look has grown on me. My family, after seeing both, preferred the sedan from the rear view. I also learned that the insurance was about $200 less a year on my policy than the coupe quote. All this from a long time coupe owner who strayed once for an SUV and now a sedan.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:06 PM
AndrewDDS

I went with the coupe because I'm young, single, no kids, and it's the sexiest car on the road for less than $50k. One of my best friends went with the sedan because he's young, single, no kids, but wanted the AWD (when we bought in '08 the X-coupe wasn't out yet).

In the entire year I've had my car, I have seen 2 other coupes on the road in Ohio. The coupe is a unique head turner that still grabs attention from bystanders over a year later. In that same time span, I haven't driven around for more than 5 minutes without seeing at least 2 sedans in every color available. The sedan has become almost as common as the 328i, and you can't blink without opening your eyes and seeing one of those.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
rodsterinfl

Hey Andrew,

Young and single are great reasons for the coupe. In my area, there are way more coupes than sedans. The dealer stocks the coupes in greater numbers and sells them faster. When I think of Infiniti, the coupe is the picture in my head. They are a nice looking car.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Mike P

how come? you could have had two entirely different awesome cars [/quote]

I do. The coupe is a cool and bright car. White and wheat. The sedan is dark agressive car. Black and black. It's interesting to see the faces when I have the two cars out of the garage and parked in the driveway. Especially the symbolism of the black and white. Both cars have the ability to turn heads, especially when they are so dramatically different.

I originally ordered a coupe. Changed my mind and they found one from another dealer that had the items I wanted. The sedan came in and the coupe also came in on the same truck back in November. They had the only G37x coupe in the area and my wife looked at a number of other ths and then we decided to get the coupe also. So for the first month or so, we had the first two 2009 G's in the area.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Mary Ann or Ginger? ;-)
We like to drive up to the mountains or beach etc. either the coupe or sedan is perfect for that. However, I went with the sedan so that my wife and I can more comfortably travel with our adult child or another couple. If I didn't have passengers in the car a LOT of the time, I would be just as happy with the coupe.
I researched a lot of cars looking for a four door four seater that my wife could drive easily and I'd like /want to drive. The G37 sedan does that and with style and quality for me.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:26 PM
paulg35s

I got the Sedan because the coupes looked too girly for me. If my car doesn't get a second look, my license plates and purge does ^^

Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paulg35s
I got the Sedan because the coupes looked too girly for me. If my car doesn't get a second look, my license plates and purge does ^^

Clean and tasteful. Let me guess, 75 shot or so?

Now, CLEAN THAT FORNT BUMPER!!

Quick Reply: So, why did YOU choose the Sedan over the Coupe, or Vice Versa?