G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2008 G37 and iPhone 5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
hey josh do you mind posting some links to the products you used. I too have an 08 coupe with an iPhone 5 and really want to start playing music again, along with charging capability. thanks man
Old 10-15-2012, 10:17 PM
tomro99

im looking to get something like this going

Apple iPhone 5 - Adjustable Holder for Cable Attachment - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices
Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CableJive dockXtender Premium Extension Cable for iPhone, iPod, iPad-Black, 2 feet.:Amazon:MP3 Players & Accessories CableJive dockXtender Premium Extension Cable for iPhone, iPod, iPad-Black, 2 feet.:Amazon:MP3 Players & Accessories

Amazon Amazon

Ya I'm planning on getting one of those too. Got one for my 4s, they're very convenient.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 PM
tomro99

okay so in order to get this to work, I would have to use the factory infiniti ipod cable, then plug that into the cablejive extension cable, then plug that into the cablejive adapter, then plug that into one of these:

Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) - Apple Store (U.S.)

which then goes into the proclip dock? or did i mix up the order ahaha
Old 10-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Josh

Ya youll need the following... this is what I have working with my i5.

1. Factory 30 pin adapter
2.Cable jive charge converter
3. Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter cable

I have the xtender cable for extension purposes for my pro clip dock. The xtender does not charge but still works for iPod controls on my i5.

Edit: I also tried the factory 30 pin adapter with just the lightning to 30 pin adapter cable and only the iPod controls with music work, no charging. But we all should be used to that with our older iPhones because they never charged anyway unless you had an adapter like the scosche or cable jive.

Last edited by Josh; 10-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:51 AM
djrobx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh
make sure its plugged in all the way and try it again. i had the same problem and thought i had it plugged in but it was off by hair and it came up immediately on my screen of the car once i pushed it all the way in.
I tried many times, and just tried it again. It just will not work with the cable lightning adapter.

The cable lightning adapter does work fine with a Pioneer head unit we have in a truck (full integration with menu, track title, etc), and a speaker dock. So, it's definitely plugged in correctly and not completely defective. It just refuses to work in the G, with or without the pass-through power adapter. But switch to my other lightning adapter, works perfectly fine every time, with or without the passport charging adapter.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:55 AM
tomro99

hey josh is there anyway you can post a quick photo of that setup? thanks
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Josh

heres what it looks like with my 4S, proclip dock, dock xtender cable, factory ipod cable.

this is with my 5, with the factory ipod cable and apple lightning to 30 pin cable adapter.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
tomro99

thanks a ton. so in that second pic all you need is that small adapter to get a charge going. you would fit that in between the white apple cable and the oem infiniti cable? why dont you have your adapter in? thanks again buddy! ill go ahead and order all this tonight
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM
tomro99

i want to find a way to hide all those cables. got any ideas?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Josh

haha im really **** when it comes to batteries in my devices... i dont like charging them unless i know im going to charge it to 100%. i charge my phone in the mornings so during the day when im driving around i dont need to charge my phone. longest run time for my iphone 5 has lasted 8 hours and 14 minutes of streaming sirius, running my strava app, playing music and a little bit of web browsing. pretty damn good!

yes, you would fit it inbetween the factory adapter and the apple adapter. thats the adapter in the 2nd pic thats not connected i only use it when i need to charge my phone.

hiding cables... ya you'd probably have to drill a hole out of your center console (or see if you can run the cable out the bottom of the center console) and run the xtender cable along the passenger side. it would have to be a wide enough hole to get the 30 pin connector thru. or get one of those sprint bluetooth adapters from a previous post in this thread.

btw: i just found out about those sprint bluetooth adapters from this thread and i must say, i kinda wish i would've gotten one of those early on. but i think the proclip method is the best.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Preludator

Am having the same issue as most. I did purchase the 30 pin lightning adapter. I'm also using Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter which worked great with iPhone4.
My new iPhone5 charging is working well, however my car system is not able to sync up with the phone and keep saying "not ipod is connected" but my phone says "device connected". I remember with iPhone 4 at times the system will not sync up with the phone. I used to unplug it then plug again and the system recognizes it. With iPhone5, I have not been able to sync it, therefore I cannot play any music of my phone or play pandora and so on...
Is there a way to fix this?????? am frustrated...
Old 10-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Preludator

Did you figure it out yet?
Am having same issue. The NAV system is unable to sync up with the phone when plugged using the 30 pin lightning adatper.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Josh

i do have a non nav g. i wonder if theres something in the nav model g that wont play nice with the 5....
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 PM
joshk

I HAVE THE SOLUTIONS GUYS!....

Kidding... but i do have a recommendation. I work at a electronic store and we sell those wireless radio transmitter for phone that u just stick it in the audio plug + regular car to iphone5 charger. Now i understand this would not let you control from your center counsel or your steering wheel but hey, you cant have everything you want

Quick Reply: 2008 G37 and iPhone 5?