G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2008 G37 and iPhone 5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:08 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Just waiting on the adapters to come out so it can be confirmed rather than speculated as BB said.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
evan8818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoThree
I use an adapter like the scosche, but the scosche sucks! Loses connection all the time.

OEM Nissan Connector > Brandmotion Charging Adapter > Apple 30pin-Lightning adapter > iPhone 5

Also I run the oem connector out the back of the center console. When I had the 2 connectors in there it took up the entire console and I had zero storage of the very limited room the G came with. I run the wire through the back and then in between the console and the passenger seat. Can't see it and it works perfectly.
Do you think this will work with a 2009 g37 with navi?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive read that apple has started shipping the adapters... anyone get a shipping confirmation? i ordered the cable adapter and havent received any shipping notifications.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 PM
pdcinc

Originally Posted by Josh
ive read that apple has started shipping the adapters... anyone get a shipping confirmation? i ordered the cable adapter and havent received any shipping notifications.
2009 G37 Premium no nav.

iPhone 5 lightning adapter received today.
It does not work. No audio, no controls, no video no nothing..
Phone shows Accessory Attached but no way to control anything.
Very annoying.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 PM
djrobx

Lightning adapter + Scosche passport = Charging with music. No USB or cigarette lighter stuff needed.

Works perfectly on my 08. I just received the lightning adapter on Friday.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 PM
NyLiGHTz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by djrobx
Lightning adapter + Scosche passport = Charging with music. No USB or cigarette lighter stuff needed.

Works perfectly on my 08. I just received the lightning adapter on Friday.
Sounds good. So it works on a 08 but not on a 09? Does nav make a difference. Doesn't make sense.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so I think I got a fix for u guys if it ends up that it doesn't work.
Bluetooth reciever
Simply plug Bluetooth dongle onto adapter cable. Connect iPhone via Bluetooth.
Get a USB car charger. Now ur iPhone 5 should be able to play music and charge.

Had that setup for a while with my good old 3G. Had the compsite cable too. So I could charge my iPhone stream video output and streaming into Bluetooth reciever so I had the iPod menu. I have a 4S now.

This is the item I'm talking about. That one is a little bit more pricey but there are cheaper ones that are half the price but u should get the idea by now.

bluetooth adapter
Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
mtnbkr63

Originally Posted by NyLiGHTz
Sounds good. So it works on a 08 but not on a 09? Does nav make a difference. Doesn't make sense.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so I think I got a fix for u guys if it ends up that it doesn't work.
Bluetooth reciever
Simply plug Bluetooth dongle onto adapter cable. Connect iPhone via Bluetooth.
Get a USB car charger. Now ur iPhone 5 should be able to play music and charge.

Had that setup for a while with my good old 3G. Had the compsite cable too. So I could charge my iPhone stream video output and streaming into Bluetooth reciever so I had the iPod menu. I have a 4S now.

This is the item I'm talking about. That one is a little bit more pricey but there are cheaper ones that are half the price but u should get the idea by now.

bluetooth adapter
So does your phone still connect with the car controls to receive phone calls as well as connect to this device to control music? Also how is the sound quality?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:14 AM
mtnbkr63

Also I checked there site and it say they don't support infinity:

"We have tested the CoolStream Bluetooth receiver with many vehicles, but far from all. Some automobiles do not support our device and these include the Acura TSX, Audi A3/A4/Q5, BMW Mini Cooper, BMW 135i/335d/528i/X5, Infiniti all models from 2008 to present, Mercedes CLK550/GL550/E550, Mercedes all models from 2009 to present, Nissan all models from 2008 to present, and Volkswagon GTI."
Old 10-14-2012, 09:25 PM
NyLiGHTz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This this the one I had
Amazon.com: Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Receiver w/Dock Connector for iPod Speakers - Make your iPod Speakers Wireless!: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Receiver w/Dock Connector for iPod Speakers - Make your iPod Speakers Wireless!: MP3 Players & Accessories

I knew other g members that used it too.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
It's one is unavailable or discontinued.

Anyone have any others? Wold really like to use my new iPhone in my '09 to listen to music.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Josh

got my lightning to 30pin cable adapter today and ipod/iphone control works via steering wheel with my iphone 5. i have a cablejive dockxtender cable that i was using with my 4S + proclipusa dock in my car.

with the cablejive dockxtender charging does not work. but i also have a cablejive dockstubz charge converter and with this the iphone 5 charges (just like the scosche passport)

so in short iphone 5 is fully compatible (at least with my 08 coupe) as long as you have the lightning adapter + cable jive dockxtender or dockstubz + the 30 pin dock thingy the car comes with. and as someone else said the scosche passport will work in place of the cablejive docks.

i havent taken any phone calls so im not sure.. but im assuming it will also work too.

im really happy this is working because i didnt want to keep my iphone 4S as my car media player/GPS waze device without an internet connection... over this past weekend i was researching on getting a data plan for my 4S and/or tethering my LTE on my i5 to get it all working. but now all i need is a dock my car and im all set!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM
djrobx

I think those of you having trouble with the lightning adapter will find this VERY interesting.

I ordered two lightning adapters. One basic, and one "cable", figuring that the cable would be easier to use in the cramped center console. The basic adapter is what came in on Friday, and I used it all weekend without any trouble.

The cable version came in today. It behaves exactly like the pdcinc describes - the phone shows "Accessory attached" but the car says "No iPod connected". Put the small one back in and restart the car, works fine.

So there are apparently glitchy lightning adapters! I will wait a bit and try to get my cable exchanged.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Josh

Originally Posted by djrobx
I think those of you having trouble with the lightning adapter will find this VERY interesting.

I ordered two lightning adapters. One basic, and one "cable", figuring that the cable would be easier to use in the cramped center console. The basic adapter is what came in on Friday, and I used it all weekend without any trouble.

The cable version came in today. It behaves exactly like the pdcinc describes - the phone shows "Accessory attached" but the car says "No iPod connected". Put the small one back in and restart the car, works fine.

So there are apparently glitchy lightning adapters! I will wait a bit and try to get my cable exchanged.
make sure its plugged in all the way and try it again. i had the same problem and thought i had it plugged in but it was off by hair and it came up immediately on my screen of the car once i pushed it all the way in.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 PM
mtnbkr63

Originally Posted by Josh
make sure its plugged in all the way and try it again. i had the same problem and thought i had it plugged in but it was off by hair and it came up immediately on my screen of the car once i pushed it all the way in.
Any difference between an 08 and an 09 in the 30pin cable or functionality? Glad to see you got yours working. I was also reading on Apple's forums and a lot of 4 and 4s users had issues with various cars utilizing ipod control when upgrading to ios 6 so be careful if you're upgrading. I'm going to at least wait for the first round of fixes to come out.

So Josh, you had the lightening to 30pin adapter ->cablejive dockstbz charger -> infinity 30pin adapter and that works fine and charges?

What was the deal with the cablejive docxtender, that doesn't charge, even with the docstbz charger?

One more question, does the lightening adapter fit if you have a case (otterbox)?

Thanks...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Josh

Originally Posted by mtnbkr63
Any difference between an 08 and an 09 in the 30pin cable or functionality?

So Josh, you had the lightening to 30pin adapter ->cablejive dockstbz charger -> infinity 30pin adapter and that works fine and charges?

What was the deal with the cablejive docxtender, that doesn't charge, even with the docstbz charger?

One more question, does the lightening adapter fit if you have a case (otterbox)?

Thanks...
Not sure what the diff between 08 and 09. I'd assume they're the same. And it should all be working regardless of the year as they all operate in the same fashion with the 30 pin adapter infiniti provides.

Yes works fine with dockstbz with charging. Its working how it would if it were my 4S. I haven't noticed any differences.

The Xtender cable is pretty much a pass thru extension cable and won't convert the charge by itself. That's where the dockstubz charge converter comes into play. It will charge with the xtender and dockstubz daisy chained together as well.

Not sure about the case, its a little bit fatter than the USB charge cable. It fits my diztronic case though!

Quick Reply: 2008 G37 and iPhone 5?