Sponsored By:

Low battery indicator: weather related?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
FlyBar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same Here

All

I have a 2009 G37 coupe sport (12000KM) and mine does the same thing. The fob battery indicator stays on despite changing the battery in the fob.

I guess we can just add this to the list of problems with this supposedly "luxury" vehicle.

Problems

Front seat cushions bubble (Replaced seats but problem returns)
High Pitched sound in passenger foot well area (Rumoured to be bad ESC)
Muffler Brackets (rattle) They fixed this one.
Creak Sound from Dashboard during frame flex
Failure to start in cold weather if left for more then a few days (Dead battery)
And now fob Battery issues?

I wonder what will fail next and perhaps more importantly why their Q/A dept. did not find these things as they were all present from day 1.

Regards,
FlyBar
Old 12-11-2009, 04:15 PM
aznutx

i only get the keyfob battery warning when it's cold. otherwise no problems here regarding this issue
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As a person dealing with technology I feel the need to comment on this post since it seems more subjective than objective.

Originally Posted by FlyBar
All

I have a 2009 G37 coupe sport (12000KM) and mine does the same thing. The fob battery indicator stays on despite changing the battery in the fob.

I guess we can just add this to the list of problems with this supposedly "luxury" vehicle.
Um, if you want a car with advanced electronic features then you also need to expect some problems - the dealer should be able to address that. If you want a simple car then buy a corolla (not the S).

Problems

Front seat cushions bubble (Replaced seats but problem returns)
Agree this seems like a more common problem that Infiniti needs to address but for now it looks like your dealer is trying. I've not had any issue thus far.

High Pitched sound in passenger foot well area (Rumoured to be bad ESC)
What's an ESC? I think you mean ECM. There's also the BCM, both in the lower passenger area but whether the random and occassional noise is due to a "bad" unit is a stretch since the unit is performing it's functions and not failing. It may more likely be due to the routing of the speaker cable near the unit causing EMI interference, but it's not consistent in all cars.

Muffler Brackets (rattle) They fixed this one.
Dealer is addressing it - I believe there's a TSB.

Creak Sound from Dashboard during frame flex
Not uncommon in any car. Dealer can likely address.

Failure to start in cold weather if left for more then a few days (Dead battery)
Battery or charging issue. This car's design uses a current monitor sensor to regulate the charging voltage during operation for efficiency and improved fuel economy. My suspicion after reading many posts about dead batteries that were tested to be fine is that this sensor may be the issue. Also, if anyone is grounding a custom accessory directly to the chassis ground that's basically bypassing the current sensor which can lead to an undercharged battery. Dealer should be able to addres.

And now fob Battery issues?
That ties back to a highly technical car and keyless start system. There may be a problem with the receiver resulting in a poor RF signal which the system may interpret as a weak FOB battery. Dealer should be able to address.

I wonder what will fail next and perhaps more importantly why their Q/A dept. did not find these things as they were all present from day 1.

Regards,
FlyBar
If the problems were present on a high percentage of their cars then they would need to address them in the development stage as it's way more cost effective than the cost of dealer service after the fact, but these are not problems being seen in a high percentage of cars with exception of the seat issue. I've had cars with way more common design issues (GM Electronic Steering Column Lock on a high end vehicle) that took them years to even acknowledge and mainly fixed it by disabling the feature. I'm very happy with my car thus far with none of the issues above except for a faint hum from the BCM/ECM under some conditions but not even worth noting.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i took my car in several days ago about the battery drainning issue. before they changed out the battery, Infiniti manufacture made them test and trace where the drain was coming from.... it was pinpointed to the valve assembly, so they replaced it with an updated part and replaced the battery with an higher amperage.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been having similar issues. Car is 4 months old and lately I've been getting the low key battery indicator when I first get in the car but it goes away after a few minutes.
Weather here is cold, less than 35 degrees. I really doubt my battery is bad, I'm guessing it has something to do with the cold weather?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:53 AM
tennis8

Originally Posted by fmrlegend
i took my car in several days ago about the battery drainning issue. before they changed out the battery, Infiniti manufacture made them test and trace where the drain was coming from.... it was pinpointed to the valve assembly, so they replaced it with an updated part and replaced the battery with an higher amperage.

Ditto - same fix from my dealer too. They put in an "M battery" with a value that has lower drain on it.