Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:49 PM
tonyr313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Battery? 10K Miles 2008 G37

Facts:

-2008 G37 coupe (purchased 6/2008)
-Just over 10,000 miles on the car
-I do make frequent short trips (less than 15 minutes) – for instance Mon-Fri I drive to the train stop which is about 2 miles away
-Car not starting, radio not turning on, auto door locks not working…seems to be a dead battery

My question is if there are any known issues of the battery dying early. This seems odd to have a dead battery on a fairly new car with low miles. However, I do make short trips which is the only thing making me think the battery could in fact be dead.

Should I just get a new battery? Get it jumped and keep driving if it continues to start? Call the dealer?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:56 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
take it to the dealership and have them replace your battery under warranty... numerous people on the boards have had this problem, do a search and you will see
Old 12-07-2009, 02:33 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep, I'm sure you can dig up some threads on dead battery problems others have reported.

Man, come to think of it, my engine starts haven't sounded as crisp and instantaneous as they used to. I'm at a little over 22K and 2 years of ownership, I wonder if mine will die soon..
Old 12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

careful with closing and opening the doors as it may damage the roof side panel if the windows arent rolling down due to no battery :s
Old 12-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Weak batteries and premature battery failure is a well known issue, there are several large threads about this already had you looked for them. Your battery has a free replacement warranty for 24 months. That's in the warranty booklet and owners manual.

You have free roadside assistance too. Call them and have your dead car towed to the dealership where they will test your battery and replace it if it's bad.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:12 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Anyone know how much infiniti road side assistance would be if you don't have it?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Arvig

Is this an issue only with 2008's? Or are 2009's built (presumably) late this year also having this issue?

The reason I ask is I'm almost ready to buy a 2009 G37x AWD. Probably a coupe although I'm looking at a Sedan also. Anyway, I'm wondering if this is something I'll have to look out for with my car if/when I get it. If I do this (pretty likely now), it will be next week or Friday this week I'm thinking.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:04 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car has been cranking slower and slower the last month or so. Looks like I'm due for a new battery soon myself...
Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that if you bring it to the dealer 3x, they will replace it with a battery with a higher amperage, as it was told to me by the sercice when I brought it in for the second time. The first, they replaced it. The second, found it to be ok. Will bring it in for the third pretty soon.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

When your battery dies completely (no power for electronics), and you choose to tow it to the dealer, do you guys take the precaution to connect the car to another battery to lower the window before closing it? Or do you guys just close the window and risk damaging the side roof panel?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 PM
juicybusa

Originally Posted by tonyr313
Facts:

-2008 G37 coupe (purchased 6/2008)
-Just over 10,000 miles on the car
-I do make frequent short trips (less than 15 minutes) – for instance Mon-Fri I drive to the train stop which is about 2 miles away
-Car not starting, radio not turning on, auto door locks not working…seems to be a dead battery

My question is if there are any known issues of the battery dying early. This seems odd to have a dead battery on a fairly new car with low miles. However, I do make short trips which is the only thing making me think the battery could in fact be dead.

Should I just get a new battery? Get it jumped and keep driving if it continues to start? Call the dealer?

Any advice is appreciated.
This must be completely normal just like the noisy engine issue because I heard of some other G37's with dead batteries LOL
Old 12-09-2009, 11:53 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

i have this issue

Originally Posted by kkokko
careful with closing and opening the doors as it may damage the roof side panel if the windows arent rolling down due to no battery :s
my battery died and i had no clue that it had because i just drove home from work, parked and shut her down. got out and went to shut the door and it would not shut so dumb a$$ me slams the door a few times and then it hit me that the battery must be dead. now my window squeaks a lot.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Squeeks when moving up and down? Damn

Does the window actually hit the side roof panel when fully erected?

Originally Posted by whiddles
my battery died and i had no clue that it had because i just drove home from work, parked and shut her down. got out and went to shut the door and it would not shut so dumb a$$ me slams the door a few times and then it hit me that the battery must be dead. now my window squeaks a lot.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:04 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

not sure i have to look at it more. there is rubber that i did see it hitting and it may just be more to one side now. (like almost being out of line with the rubber peice at the top)
Old 12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
dlehr

I have a 2009 37S MT Coupe that I purchased in March of this year and they just had to replace my battery last month. They put an "M" series battery in it but it's starting to show signs of strain already. The service rep (awesome dude) told me there is a possibility of an issue with the baffles in the exhaust changing with the barometric pressure and running down the battery. You'd think that would be an "accessories" connection. He said they changed the sensor on the exhaust to see if it helped. Infiniti is supposed to be aware of the issue but does not have an actual fix.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery? 10K Miles 2008 G37