Injen Cold Air Intake For G37

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:28 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
It is a CHOOSE and not the main choose at that. Injen normally sells the silver looking CAI model. They just powercoat/paint the intake to look black if you want it that way.
That's true but the polished Aluminum again is better at preventing heat "convection" if the polished surface was on the inside of the tube.

But the fact that it's still Aluminum, makes it a great material for "conduction" of heat from engine into the inner surface of the entire pipe.

Also because the VQ37 is an Aluminum block, it will be losing heat at a higher rate!

Aluminum is over 5000 times more conductive than PVC or something similar!! Why on earth would someone run TWO aluminum pipes from a 'cold-intake source' along side a furnace of an engine?

I think we need to insulate those pipes with foam?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shabbo
That's true but the polished Aluminum again is better at preventing heat "convection" if the polished surface was on the inside of the tube.

But the fact that it's still Aluminum, makes it a great material for "conduction" of heat from engine into the inner surface of the entire pipe.

Also because the VQ37 is an Aluminum block, it will be losing heat at a higher rate!

Aluminum is over 5000 times more conductive than PVC or something similar!! Why on earth would someone run TWO aluminum pipes from a 'cold-intake source' along side a furnace of an engine?

I don't think anyone thinks it is a great idea but it does look good. The JWTs use the stock tubing so the air receives less heat but this also doesn't look great because it is still partially stock. That is a big complaint against the JWTs. Remember that the people buy parts for the look they add to the car over the performance that is added for the most part. For example, the Borla exhaust is shown to have better numbers than any other exhaust on here but people still buy the Tanabe, Greddy, FI, etc. The reason is because of looks and sound. I think the Borla looks like crap personally and would look a lot better if it was a polished look but Borla will not do this so people buy another exhaust that looks 100x better but doesn't perform up to the same numbers as Borla.

This logic goes to the intakes to. The Injen sells because of the look and sound. It doesn't perform up to the JWT standard but it does look better and I hear people like how it sounds over JWT. The JWT sounds great and performs great but the look is not that stunning. Injen could have made the piping out of another material such as PVC but you must think about the big picture. For example, PVC might be better against heat than aluminum but I guarantee you that the sound note given by it and the look would not be that good. Changing the material also changes the sound and the look.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:48 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shabbo

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...hlight=degrees

Points to note:

Stock hosing takes longer to heat up, but once it does, it retains heat. Aluminum cools down faster than stock rubber hose. Done by two different people on computers taking temps. Read through it...its interesting.

Last edited by JLai; 09-05-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JLai
https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...hlight=degrees

Points to note:

Stock hosing takes longer to heat up, but once it does, it retains heat. Aluminum cools down faster than stock rubber hose. Done by two different people on computers taking temps. Read through it...its interesting.
here was the other post: datalogged via Magden Computer from 2 different g37.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...=183520&page=4

post number 60
Old 09-08-2008, 04:14 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele
I don't think anyone thinks it is a great idea but it does look good. The JWTs use the stock tubing so the air receives less heat but this also doesn't look great because it is still partially stock. That is a big complaint against the JWTs. Remember that the people buy parts for the look they add to the car over the performance that is added for the most part. For example, the Borla exhaust is shown to have better numbers than any other exhaust on here but people still buy the Tanabe, Greddy, FI, etc. The reason is because of looks and sound. I think the Borla looks like crap personally and would look a lot better if it was a polished look but Borla will not do this so people buy another exhaust that looks 100x better but doesn't perform up to the same numbers as Borla.

This logic goes to the intakes to. The Injen sells because of the look and sound. It doesn't perform up to the JWT standard but it does look better and I hear people like how it sounds over JWT. The JWT sounds great and performs great but the look is not that stunning. Injen could have made the piping out of another material such as PVC but you must think about the big picture. For example, PVC might be better against heat than aluminum but I guarantee you that the sound note given by it and the look would not be that good. Changing the material also changes the sound and the look.
Can't disagree with that !!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 PM

hey pm price to 19134 black..

thanks, Age
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM
G35s-Dude

Don't forget to add me to the list in Post #1, i'll send you pics installed with thermotec intake heat wrap next week, i'm waiting for my B&M transmission oil cooler to arrive, it'll be easier to install both of them together instead of having to the remove the bumper twice.