Notices
Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review CPT Cold Air Intake

Old 06-20-2019, 05:28 PM
G37Memo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought mine through the Walmart online store, I ran into the same issues as already mentioned. I left the washer fluid reservoir off because I ran out of time (had to make a quick trip to CA), but I plan on fixing it soon enough. Also had to bend the horn bracket out the way too. I used to have some cheap eBay no brand SRI and the car ran worse, so went back to the stock box. So far performance wise I'm happy with this CAI, combined with the Manzo Y-Pipe and and exhaust system I'm super happy. Next is the Berk resonated test pipes which are being shipped to me soon.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:07 PM
4doorfury

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
Fitment of mine sucked terribly. The brackets were way off. I ended up cutting out the MAF housing and welding a 3" one in place. Was much better alignment wise after that since we were able to tweak it. The welds inside the original MAF housings were terrible so very glad I modified them. They actually gave me a 20% discount when I complained which was nice.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:31 PM
G37Memo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4doorfury View Post
Fitment of mine sucked terribly. The brackets were way off. I ended up cutting out the MAF housing and welding a 3" one in place. Was much better alignment wise after that since we were able to tweak it. The welds inside the original MAF housings were terrible so very glad I modified them. They actually gave me a 20% discount when I complained which was nice.
Nice job man, at first I couldn't get anything to line up, got it as good as I could. I was thinking about cutting the pipe a few inches after the MAF and using rubber connectors to I can align the pipes at the bottom better.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:35 PM
4doorfury

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
Yea that would be the easiest solution plus it makes removal way easier

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.