Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

What could cause the RPM to bog down only around 1k?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 12:46 PM
el_donks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
What could cause the RPM to bog down only around 1k?

Hello. I have a 2007 G35x with an UpRev tune. When the engine is engaged (either Reverse or Drive) the car revs up to around 1k, bogs and feels like it's going to stall for a moment, then picks it self back up to where it left off. The entire rest of the RPM band does not have this issue. It also seems more apparent under light throttle, not as obvious under quick/heavy throttle. There is also a mild misfire sound happening during idle. No codes present.

All of the reset procedures have been carried out and I've carefully cleaned the TB's. One thing to note is that my throttle bodies do make a rattling sound when tapped on, if that's of any help. I'm leaning towards them or possibly a bad coil pack... What do the kind folk of the forum make of this? Any data I should be logging in particular? Any and all advice is appreciated.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:38 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by el_donks
Hello. I have a 2007 G35x with an UpRev tune. When the engine is engaged (either Reverse or Drive) the car revs up to around 1k, bogs and feels like it's going to stall for a moment, then picks it self back up to where it left off. Any and all advice is appreciated.
Fooling the ECU?

Telcoman

Old 08-14-2018, 03:18 PM
el_donks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Fooling the ECU?

Telcoman
I'm not exactly sure what you mean but have to believe it's relative to tuning? Had a shop do it several years ago but the problem began recently.