Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Innovate AFR Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 09:03 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Innovate AFR Problem

Hi guys... I used Innovate boost and AFR gauges on my SC build and I have to say I am pretty disappointing in the performance of either gauge. I used the digital MTX-D for boost / shift light combination and the MTX-L for AFR. The boost gauge has never worked quite right and might momentarily struggle up to 6psi... most of the time it reads vacuum which is totally bogus.

My AFR worked fine till last Friday when I had my new clutch installed. I figured that the mechanic had not plugged the sensor back in and went back today to have them check it. All they did was unplug the sensor as the cable was connected to the tranny, and then re-connected when the tranny was put back in place. Everything looks perfectly fine. No damaged wires, everything neatly zip tied. The gauge goes thru the initial diagnostic check fine and then goes into heater mode. After that it reads either 7 (rich) or 22 (lean). It will not read anything other than those two extremes and bounces back and forth between the two. Since the gauge powers up and does diagnostics I have to assume that it is working but not getting a signal from the sensor. The sensor was never removed so I can't figure out what the issue might be. I tried re-calibrating the gauge and it made no difference. Any ideas on what might be wrong?