Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM MHI Twin Turbo Kit Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
boost-boost-ZOOOM-whoosh Yeah! Lol.
We wish!!!

One day man, one day! I'm leaning towards a Super Bowl install schedule right now.....

EDIT: ....but keeping myself entertained by arguing with heaps of people on the 370z forums :P
Old 12-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Lol. I don't even go on there. Except occasionally to see if they've gotten the occasional update that they get from time to time that they don't even bother sharing with us Infiniti swine.

I would feel better if Sam or Mike would just post here and say "We have no idea whatsoever when these parts will be ready. Stop asking so we don't have to give you another time only to disappoint you when it passes due to something we couldn't forsee and can't control." At least that would be up front and honest. That I can deal with.
The following 2 users liked this post by Black Betty:
Alkatraz (12-17-2013), Presto (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Alkatraz

Lol. I don't even go on there. Except occasionally to see if they've gotten the occasional update that they get from time to time that they don't even bother sharing with us Infiniti swine.

I would feel better if Sam or Mike would just post here and say "We have no idea whatsoever when these parts will be ready. Stop asking so we don't have to give you another time only to disappoint you when it passes due to something we couldn't forsee and can't control." At least that would be up front and honest. That I can deal with.
Yeah that basically sums it up for me. I called and spoke with Mike a week or so ago and they are still waiting on the cast parts and have started bending but he wouldn't give even an estimate on time-frame. Just an email every now and then would be helpful, a few of the 370z guys have pulled out now which isn't gonna help GTM one bit.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Botched handling of the adversities (IMO) surrounding getting this thing out to customers can't be doing their reputation any good. There's always the opportunity to still exceed expectations on the back end by giving superior customer service to buyers during the install/tune process and if the kits really deliver well on the performance end. So there's hope yet for you GTM guys if you're reading this. You're reading this ??? Stop reading forum posts and get out there and find somewhere that can deliver your parts on time and on spec so your customers who pay your wages don't hate you! Start cracking skulks and firing MF'ers!!!
Alkatraz (12-18-2013), Mkai0 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Meantime, since my engine has higher miles than some I have time to do a cylinder compression and leak down test before the parts get here for peace of mind.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Question for you Aussies: How much has the Aussie dollar lost against the USD in the time since you paid until now? You may end up getting one hell of a great deal. Lol.

Also according to posts elsewhere, the downtime has given ECUTek opportunity to get more work done on the software end. They'll have had plenty of time to have worked on the software and may have features like shiatsu seat massagers and self waxing paint figured out by then.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:29 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
wait... I'm catching the tail end of this. Have you guys not received the GTM TT "group buy kit" yet? Didn't that start sometime around the first quarter of last year? I would be a little anxious and expecting some answers at this point.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^lololololol
Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
wait... I'm catching the tail end of this. Have you guys not received the GTM TT "group buy kit" yet? Didn't that start sometime around the first quarter of last year? I would be a little anxious and expecting some answers at this point.
Oh you got jokes, funny man? It's weird how the people who actually have paid money for these parts are pretty chill about things and the indignant, **** stirring people are the ones who are only standing on the sidelines with no money involved, huh? You aren't getting my goat man!

Besides, you sig says you own a BMW now. Shouldn't you be out somewhere taking up 2 parking spaces like and asshat, cutting people off without signaling, or tailgating or something? Being that big an automotive douchebag has to be time consuming, I'm surprised yo still have time for us Infiniti people.
Alkatraz (12-18-2013), IPL 370GT (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 11:09 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
I am 100% serious. No jokes... Remember I was on that roll call list. I then removed myself upon receiving the stage 2 kit with the Garrett's. Then the massive part-out, and moving into my douchebag rocket

I'm not trying to stir the pot... I don't get on this forum much anymore and most of my time is spent on m3post. I still have some roots with the Infiniti crowd, from one enthusiast to another I enjoy seeing other quality builds. I did jump on the370z.com and seen some drama. Was curious this morning after reading some of the post in this thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by IPL 370GT:
Black Betty (12-22-2013), Mkai0 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Alkatraz

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
If the first quarter of last year and the second quarter of this year are the same time, then yes.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Alkatraz

Question for you Aussies: How much has the Aussie dollar lost against the USD in the time since you paid until now? You may end up getting one hell of a great deal. Lol.

Also according to posts elsewhere, the downtime has given ECUTek opportunity to get more work done on the software end. They'll have had plenty of time to have worked on the software and may have features like shiatsu seat massagers and self waxing paint figured out by then.
The AUD has dropped about 20% from its peak and about 10-11% from when I paid for the kit.

I hope that you're right about ECUTek, seat massagers would go well with the seat warmers!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:48 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
So I guess you guys won't be getting any quarter mile times as promised .. The nerve of some shops !!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
So I guess you guys won't be getting any quarter mile times as promised .. The nerve of some shops !!
I didn't purchase any quarter mile times. I guess that was a different sale?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I didn't purchase any quarter mile times. I guess that was a different sale?
When GTM first released the kit on the 370Z forum they stated there was going to be quarter mile times and blah , blah , blah . Basically saying this due to fastIntentions posting quarter mile times with their kit . Looked really promising and I did get a little chub due to the price . But , just like every GTM thread about a new product it quickly goes sideways .

Quick Reply: GTM MHI Twin Turbo Kit Roll Call