Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Getting Ready GTM 2SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 03:10 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
You went to the same dyno as me hahaha, just a different crew. Whos doing the tune?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
timp
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SPDCRZ
You went to the same dyno as me hahaha, just a different crew. Whos doing the tune?
The 2 tuners names are Lowell and Tommy. Lowell use to be at L&R and he tuned my Vette a number of years back. Didn't recognize him at first. Great guys and a good shop.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:22 PM
SS_FireHawk

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Make sure you keep an eye on your belts and pulleys. I just ate my accessory belt. It was hard to see what belt was going because it was way down there and hard to see. I kept smelling my belts when I accelerated and small shreds of rubber in my engine bay that was new. I was getting gradual power loss until it just went. I was troubleshooting for months what was going on. You can read up on it here: The Sophia Project - Nissan 370Z Forum I'm hoping this is the last big problem I have.
The following 2 users liked this post by SS_FireHawk:
timp (04-07-2014), warpeacelove (04-07-2014)
Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
timp
Premier Member

Originally Posted by SS_FireHawk
Make sure you keep an eye on your belts and pulleys. I just ate my accessory belt. It was hard to see what belt was going because it was way down there and hard to see. I kept smelling my belts when I accelerated and small shreds of rubber in my engine bay that was new. I was getting gradual power loss until it just went. I was troubleshooting for months what was going on. You can read up on it here: The Sophia Project - Nissan 370Z Forum I'm hoping this is the last big problem I have.
Thank you for the heads up on the belt issue and your build thread keeps everyone updated on any ongoing problems. I sure hope that this is just a blip and you don't have any more problems. So far I have had no issues on the acc belt slipping and everything looks fine and no problem making boost maybe just to much!!! (is that a problem lol) Please keep me posted on how things go with you.
The following users liked this post:
SS_FireHawk (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:24 PM
SS_FireHawk

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
I was able to get the alternator, idler pulley's and stock tensioner pulley replaced under warranty. I had to order a new acc belt (last thing I'm waiting on). A good friend of mine works for @ Nissan and was able to talk to the warranty lady to make sure the warranty didn't void and get it covered. I'm super lucky and grateful for everything he's done for me. Once it's all back together, a boost test will be done and if all G2G, I'm strapping her back down to see if she's making what she's supposed to. If it's not making 500whp, I'm sending it back to GTM and telling them to give me what they claimed to deliver.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:14 AM
timp
Premier Member

I was able to get the alternator, idler pulley's and stock tensioner pulley replaced under warranty. I had to order a new acc belt (last thing I'm waiting on). A good friend of mine works for @ Nissan and was able to talk to the warranty lady to make sure the warranty didn't void and get it covered. I'm super lucky and grateful for everything he's done for me. Once it's all back together, a boost test will be done and if all G2G, I'm strapping her back down to see if she's making what she's supposed to. If it's not making 500whp, I'm sending it back to GTM and telling them to give me what they claimed to deliver.
Don't you love warranty. Glad you were taken care of. I am sure once you have everything up and running your ride will be putting some good numbers to the ground. It's all with the tune. The 2SC is a great kit and is capable of some series HP.
SS_FireHawk (04-11-2014)
Old 04-11-2014, 02:41 PM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Haha! Looking forward to seeing those numbers timp. Hope you get past that 500 number.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:34 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by timp
Don't you love warranty. Glad you were taken care of. I am sure once you have everything up and running your ride will be putting some good numbers to the ground. It's all with the tune. The 2SC is a great kit and is capable of some series HP.
"2SC is a great kit and is capable of some series HP" However 7 AT Forced Inducted beast are limited by the Crappy Transmission in our cars.
timp (04-11-2014)
Old 04-11-2014, 03:42 PM
timp
Premier Member

Originally Posted by SPDCRZ
Haha! Looking forward to seeing those numbers timp. Hope you get past that 500 number.
I kind of doubt it and I don't want to damage anything or take out the transmission. I do not think anyone has got into the 500 AWHP yet with a stock G37. I think breaking the 11 sec 1/4 mile would be a whole lot more fun. You know the saying "dyno numbers are for show but 1/4 times are for dough".
warpeacelove (04-11-2014)
Old 08-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Wondering how this build was going? Any current updates?

Hope all is well!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:00 PM
timp
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
Wondering how this build was going? Any current updates?

Hope all is well!
Ever since the move to the big city my car has seen limited mileage and moving has kind of taken a lot of my time. Our local track has been closed all spring and the beginning of summer and is suppose to open at the beginning of August for the Friday night "test and tune" for street cars. Hoping to make it at least once to see how it goes. I haven't swapped out the 88 mm for the 92 mm pulleys yet so as long as I keep the revs down to limit the boost to 8-9 psi I don't get into detonation. Car drives great and has good acceleration but do not want to drive it hard as I want it to last. The summer heat has been into the 90s but the A/C works great, oil doesn't go over 195 and transmission doesn't go over 180 so the coolers are dong their job. The after coolers keep the intake temp to 8-10 degrees over ambient even at 7 psi boost so they are dong the job as well. I will keep everyone posted on any updates.

On another note I was sorry to hear that SS FireHawk has had issues with his 2SC build and ended up selling the car.